MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

lac des mille lacs LDML

1/5/10 @ 5:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Planocat
Planocat
User since 6/12/06
OK, so I think I have this figured out. Any posts that are not pure fishing reports have to be posted on this forum in order to keep from being dusted. Fair enough, I guess. So, in the future we need to check here until the season opens and we can start to post/receive actual reports.

Basically it means there will be nothing on the other location for stretches of 7 months or more. But at least we can keep in touch here.

Now how do we get that word out? I'll try posting it at the other site and hope it doesn't get dusted.

Planocat Big Smile

Displaying 76 to 90 of 1,931 posts
5/9/19 @ 11:57 AM
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08

Going to be staying at Thunderbird Resort from June 22 to June 29. Any tips or suggestions for baits this time of the year. Thanks in advance.

5/4/19 @ 7:48 AM
mrctech
User since 6/7/13

Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks

3/18/19 @ 1:16 PM
Robert L
User since 8/28/17

Hello from the NEW OWNERS of Lac Des Mille Lodge!

We are a beautiful, secluded fishing lodge located at the north west tip of Lac Des Mille Lac near Upsala, Ontario Canada.

We provide comfortable, and clean accommodations; cabins, motel units and campsites all with a beautiful view of the lake. The fishing is awesome and the water traffic minimal.

We have sandy beaches, a licensed bar area and the best part, no campers parked shoulder to shoulder!

Surprisingly we have a select few spots available during peak season, that will fill up fast. Our prices are fair and competitive so give us a call, send us an email, or message us on Facebook. 

(807) 983-3474

[email protected]

“Lac Des Mille Lodge” (Facebook)

If you are already booked somewhere else this summer, we strongly encourage you to take a drive and come check us out.

When people come and see us, they fall in love with Lac Des Mille Lodge!

-Rylie, Rob & Family.

12/1/18 @ 10:08 AM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

No.  I forgot about Baril Lake! Outstanding! We stayed on kashabowie lake for many years and portages to several. Mostly fished Mille lacs.  I was referring to an area barely accessible by a creek at the end of Bolton Bay, it’s not even a lake. I have a large map of Bolton Bay from the Canadian government ( I think) if you’re interested and I find it,you can have it.   Message me.    CARPIO 

11/30/18 @ 9:39 PM
Summitdave
User since 7/22/05

Are you speaking of Baril Lake?

11/25/18 @ 1:15 PM
Carpio
Carpio

David.  That sucks!  It was really good back there,also by the huge sunken boulder in the bay before the creek. Just curious, once we were out of sight of the main highway there were no structures at all. Still like that?   CARPIO 

11/25/18 @ 12:19 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02

We fished it in 2015, 2016 and 2017.   The journey back to that little lake on the far end of Bolton Bay is a killer now due to the beavers just about blocking-off the creek access in three spots.   Also, the fish caught there all had those little black bead-like parasites in their meat.   

11/24/18 @ 5:02 PM
Carpio
Carpio

I used to fish Bolton Bay in the 50s and 60s. Are there still nice (3-5#) Walleyes back in that little “lake” on the furthest end of the bay? It used to be partly blocked by beaver dams.     CARPIO 

11/23/18 @ 8:37 PM
DavidAP
DavidAP
User since 4/16/02

I have fished LDML for more than fifteen years in July/August.   Has anyone caught whitefish in mid-summer?  

Thanks,

DavidAP

9/21/18 @ 1:16 PM
Nathan Ranallo
User since 1/18/11

Has anyone fished LDML in October?  Heading up for 4 days early in the month?

8/4/18 @ 7:44 PM
Summitdave
User since 7/22/05

We fished LDML July 21 to July 27 out of OBL. Fishing was good except for a day or two when there was another may fly hatch on the south end.There were some windy days and only one day with light rain. 

Fish were all on the mid lake humps,jig and a minnow worked the best but minnows were in very short supply,leeches filled in just fine. A lot of upper slot fish and good eaters,the end of the week we got into some nice 24 inch walleyes ,biggest northern was 38 inches.

Sherrill and Mike do a fantastic job,great customer service!!! We all sure miss Angie!!!

Two "bits of wisdom",Do not buy an Ontario Lakemaster chip,they are not HD and contours are in 10 foot increments=no help at all!!! #2,on a road trip we scored on gas cans,Canada does not have all the EPA regulated gas cans with anti spill/no vent BS.USA customs just looked at them and smiled!!

So nice to catch up with fellow fisherman we see every year on the same week at OBL=Great Happy Hours!!!!!

A great trip to every one in the future,

Dave

7/23/18 @ 7:12 AM
mrctech
User since 6/7/13

Heading back up this Friday to LDML as I have for the last 12 years now, after doing the Memorial Day week each year. I see that the water level at the dam has reached the point of an increase in flow rate so I am hoping to finally see some current in the narrows and river.

we usually try the conventional wisdom for July like others have mentioned but also drift breaks along 12 feet of water watching the wind.

7/22/18 @ 5:53 PM
JohnFL
User since 6/16/10

Just got back from LDMLodge and had a fine time, with good weather and good fishing.  The Walleyes were generally on in most spots.  We found, and it seems to be a trend for our last few July trips, is that the W-fish can be found where: there are vertical underwater weeds (I call it duckweed), nearby rocky structure and  nearby deep water.  Take any of the 3 out of the equation and your chances are less. 

They were hitting on nightcrawler, jig-minnow, spinner minnow, and even spinner-crawler at varios times depending I think on lighting conditions (time of day and cloud cover).  Red orange good for low light, brass & silver good for full daylight. 

We also found the Smallie population more extensive than we've ever seen on that side of the lake.  Picked up some little ones casting the shoreline, but it seemed like the 2+ pounders were staying in 10 ft of water and hiting nightcrawler walleye rigs.  Many accidental bass this way. 

7/20/18 @ 12:52 PM
Summitdave
User since 7/22/05

benelli1,

Leaving tomorrow morning for OBL@LDML.

Will give you a call and post when we return.

Dave

7/16/18 @ 10:42 AM
benelli1
User since 7/14/17

We fished the week of July 6-13.  Stayed at Pine Point resort.  Most in our group of 10 have never fished in Canada.  No one ever fished LDML.  A big shout out to candofish, David AP and Summit Dave.  All were very helpful and provided a ton of information on baits to use, places to fish etc....  In short the walleye fishing was less than expected, smallies were better than expected and pike were as expected.  We simply could never find the walleyes with consistency.  We would catch 2-3 and have to move.  I am sure the recent mayfly hatch had a big impact on our success.  Biggest walleye caught was 23 inches, anything over 18 was released. We tried every bait and technique and fished Bolton bay, rabbit island, fisherman's island and everything around Pine point.  I believe we landed on average 3 walleye per boat per day.  We landed on average 50 smallies per boat each day.  Any rocky bank and a little shade would hold fish. As expected pike were caught anywhere and everywhere.  Biggest takeaways from this experience:

-I think we might have picked a bad week (lots of empty cabins at pinepoint)

-Felice (new owner of pinepoint in November was very helpful and put us on fish a couple days)

-Gold jig head was the color to use for worms or minnow

-themacell does not work on biting black flies, you must use bug spray

-Had a great time and we will be back

Displaying 76 to 90 of 1,931 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE