MORE
Archery

Bowhunting Reports and Pictures 2020

9/15/20 @ 12:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I went out on Saturday morning and evening.  My morning sit was mainly just to get out not necessarily shoot anything because it poured the whole time.  I sat in one of our rifle stands until 10am and didn't see anything.  I went back out around 4pm and the rain had stopped.  I ended up seeing 4 does and 2 fawns, they were not moving fast at all.  Sunday morning I went out for a few hours and didn't see anything, got to my stand location first thing and noticed that a squirrel halfway chewed through one of the straps of the stand I just hung last week.  I'm glad it was noticeable because if I tried to step on it I'd have probably taken a tumble.  

Overall it was just nice to get in the woods again.

Marquette County

Displaying 30 to 44 of 135 posts
11/11/20 @ 8:39 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Geneva and Bass congrats.both nice bucks.

Thomas congrats to you nice shot on what looks like a nice size mouse.They don't take up much freezer space either.

11/11/20 @ 6:26 PM
Geneva Kid
Geneva Kid
PRO MEMBER User since 1/1/06

Got this decent Buck last week. Have not shot a bow deer in 4 years. Had three in the area and took this one at 32 paces. Double lung shot, sweet recovery. I'm happy!

11/11/20 @ 3:53 PM
Thomas Droste
Thomas Droste
User since 1/1/06

I've been hunting Adams and Wood county on both private and public over the last few weeks. Just started to see daytime photos of bucks last week. We do have bucks with does on trail cams and a few members of my hunting group have seen bucks chasing. I have not had a shooter within range yet this year but I have been fortunate enough to shoot two does this week to fill the freezer. We have A LOT of does on the properties we hunt and nobody else will shoot them. Can't have big bucks and a healthy herd with an about seven does to one buck ratio. The doe from a couple nights ago only went about 20 yards with a double lung shot. I got this dry doe this morning while still hunting into the wind. No fawns, no buck following, and no milk. Shot her at 15 yards and punched the back of both lungs and she went almost 300 yards across a cut corn field. Pumping blood the entire way! They are such tough animals! Oh yeah, I shot a mouse Monday morning because I got bored and it had me thinking a deer was coming from a ways away. Looked down and there it was at 25 yards. No tracking needed!

11/11/20 @ 3:34 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Congrats to all the successful hunters!!!  My rutcation was cancelled because I ended up with Covid.  I'm just thankful I got it before gun season deer camp.  My uncle however has been in the woods just about every day this month and he was able to get this nice 10 point Sunday morning right after first light.  It came in with two other smaller bucks and gave him a nice 30 yard shot.  His pics don't really do it justice as this thing weighed 226lbs dressed.  Marquette County

11/11/20 @ 11:10 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Sat before work this morning and deer were moving. Had several mature bucks on cam over night between 2:00AM and first light. Passed on a small buck at 6:30AM. I think the next couple days with the cold will be good. Washington county

11/9/20 @ 9:02 PM
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20

Dude, I blew a 3 yard shot at a big 8 on Saturday and was kicking myself all day and Sunday i Shot a 10 pointer at 10 yards. You never know how fast things can change.

11/9/20 @ 1:22 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Dude, I blew a shot on a nice one 20+ years ago and it still stings when I think about it!! 

11/9/20 @ 12:54 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Hunted Taylor County Thursday through Saturday and it was dismal to say the least.  Saw a huge 8 Thursday morning at about 60 yards and that was it!  Total 18 hours on stand over 3 days.  All the corn by my land is still standing and with temps in the mid-70's, they just weren't moving.

11/9/20 @ 11:52 AM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10

Saw this buck 3 days in a row. Day 3 gave me a 13 yard shot. Rut activity was awesome the whole week despite the warmer weather. sheboygan county

11/9/20 @ 9:50 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Wow. What a season it was. Back from my 2020 rutcation and had the hunt of a lifetime Halloween morning. Saw 5 bucks in total ranging from 115" - this guy. A hot doe must have been in the area as I have never heard so much grunting and snort wheezing in my life. Was set on the edge of a cedar swamp at the base of an oak / pine ridge, he came out of the swamp and walked on the trail leading to the ridge in front of me.  My first archery elk back in September, and now my #1 Target buck for whitetail, he has been all over our cameras for the last month with a bunch of daylight pictures as well. Finally caught up to him, 152" 205lb dressed. Still at a loss for words. Extremely fortunate. Congrats to all who have had success, and good luck to those still chasing it! 

11/9/20 @ 7:26 AM
HuntSleepHunt
User since 10/17/16

Dude- I think it’s safe to say that most of us know that feeling and it SUCKS!  Getting back after it is all that you can do!  Good luck!!

11/8/20 @ 8:13 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Hunted Waupaca county Friday, Saturday and today.  I thought the heat would slow them down.  Wrong.  Friday was slow, but deer were moving all day Saturday.  I saw 18 deer, 12 bucks in just 6 hours of sitting (chased out of stand by 9:30 by an unexpected migraine).  Two of the bucks were large, no shots.  This morning, first and only deer at just after 7 was a large 8 pt.  Long story short, shot way low.  Very small amount of blood on arrow.  My buddy hunting saw him after I hit him and was able to find small amount of blood where he saw him standing.  Several hours later, the track started.  Hundreds of yards later with one spot of blood every 10ish yards.  Lost cause.  99.9% sure that deer survived a flesh wound.

Extremely disappointed in myself for the bad shot.  I prayed all weekend for one opportunity, got a great one, and blew it.  This one will sting for a while.

11/7/20 @ 10:10 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

If u don't mind me askin, have you had it rough scored?

11/7/20 @ 9:50 PM
eagle17
User since 1/15/03

18 points...still don't believe it.

Definitely buck of a lifetime!

11/7/20 @ 9:32 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

Wow, Eagle.  That is 1 very special buck, like once in a life time buck.  Love the character, almost as if he had a second main beam. Nice

Displaying 30 to 44 of 135 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE