MORE
Archery

Bowhunting Reports and Pictures 2020

9/15/20 @ 12:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I went out on Saturday morning and evening.  My morning sit was mainly just to get out not necessarily shoot anything because it poured the whole time.  I sat in one of our rifle stands until 10am and didn't see anything.  I went back out around 4pm and the rain had stopped.  I ended up seeing 4 does and 2 fawns, they were not moving fast at all.  Sunday morning I went out for a few hours and didn't see anything, got to my stand location first thing and noticed that a squirrel halfway chewed through one of the straps of the stand I just hung last week.  I'm glad it was noticeable because if I tried to step on it I'd have probably taken a tumble.  

Overall it was just nice to get in the woods again.

Marquette County

Displaying 76 to 90 of 135 posts
10/29/20 @ 8:20 PM
phelpsguy
User since 3/1/10

Hunted northwest oneida county tonight. The snow was really crunchy and loud. Had 2 does come in a last light. Could hear them coming for a ways. By the time they came in range I couldnt see my sights. Gonna be out this weekend hopefully a few bucks  start showing them selves.

10/29/20 @ 4:46 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Up and ready.  Not looking forward to daylight savings and no more after work hunts.

10/27/20 @ 1:35 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I made it out twice last weekend. Nothing Friday night except for a bobcat. Seen a small 6 pointer at first light on Saturday right after getting into my tree. Got busy the rest of the weekend and didn't get out again. 

Will be out this weekend and hoping to take a day off next week to go. The past three years I have taken a whole week off for the rut and it was great. With covid screwing up our plans for daycare this year I will have to settle for one day and weekends. 

10/27/20 @ 12:16 PM
Farcast2
PRO MEMBER User since 8/28/09

Hunted 3 times over the weekend in Waukesha County. Saw 8 does and three bucks. Two of the bucks were spikes and walked right under my stand. The first was after shooting time and I had just lowered my bow and turned to grab my back pack and saw to deer headed my way. I could just make out the antlers. The third buck was a really nice 8 pointer that first passed out of shooting range of my buddy and then splitting the two of us passed about 75 yards past my stand. A couple of really nice bucks showed up on the trail cam so hopefully I'll get a shot at one this weekend.

10/26/20 @ 5:31 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Hunted the last 2 weekends.

Saw alot of does & yearlings! But NO BUCKS!!!

I need to buy a doe tag & help the ratio.

One afternoon sit, a total of 23 deer!!! I'm sure some were repeats.

Big Mac 

10/26/20 @ 5:29 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Dreadhead

A huge looking body!

Congratulations on a trophy. 

Big Mac 

10/25/20 @ 5:08 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

Awesome buck Dreadhead, what a trophy.  I imagine that you won't stop smiling for a while, congrats!

10/25/20 @ 4:29 PM
Dreadhead
Dreadhead
User since 2/4/15

BBD! Got it done this morning!

10/25/20 @ 9:43 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Nice job PSE! Was he out cruisin/chasin? What county?

10/24/20 @ 9:31 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05

5:20 p.m

10/24/20 @ 1:47 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Perfect morning, 18 degrees, overcast, no wind.  Saw 2 doe 80 yards away.  Was about to get down at 940 and saw 2 fawns across a creek 40 yards away While watching those,  a different doe to my west was working toward me.  Then a 6pt buck joined the two fawns.  Grunted to him, seemed no reaction.  Then he crossed and got 20 yards.   Both fawns followed him.  Grunted again and watched him tear up vegetation for 10 minutes.   Fun hunt.  Was hoping the cold would stick around.   Next week 40s and 50s

10/22/20 @ 7:32 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Perfect night for a sit, 38 degrees, under 5mph winds.  Mostly overcast.  Was set up on edge of bedding near a crp prairie and a creek.  Was up by 4:15, nothing until 6:15pm.  Lone big doe came from the bedding, so think with grasses didn't see her until she was 20 yards.  Milled around a little, got a shot.  Went probably 80 yards max.  Bad news, probably won't hunt Saturday now.  Oh well.  Was a very fun hunt.  Right where I found her, there was a small bedded buck.  As we dragged, small buck hung out with us, 20 yards.  Was really odd.  

10/21/20 @ 7:33 PM
phelpsguy
User since 3/1/10

Sat tonight in northwest oneida county. Saw some does and big ones too. None of them had fawns. I love hunting with snow on the ground. I have a doe tag I decided to pass on them because there soon to be real life decoys for those bucks. 

10/19/20 @ 8:52 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

One of the bigger deer we've had on camera got hit by a car right in front of our farm on Wednesday or Thursday.  It was probably about a 145" 10pt.  Pretty unfortunate as he was a nice deer and the most active in our area.  I went out Friday evening and Saturday morning.  Saw 9 does/fawns and two small bucks Friday evening, nothing Saturday.  There's not a ton of sign but I found some fresh scrapes and rubs while walking around.  Saturday evening I got setup in my stand and pulled my bow back, when I let down something happened and my string jumped off the cam.  I think my jacket was hanging out too far and got rolled up in the string.  Needless to say that ended my hunting for the weekend.  I'm borrowing my cousins bow for the rest of the season and will be back at it halloween weekend.

10/16/20 @ 8:59 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Great sit tonight.  Wind finally died down.  Had a 5pt buck in range, hung out from 6pm til dark.  10 minutes later, a 6pt from same area.  He hung out most the rest of the time.  Later, 3 pt buck joined, he got 4 yards away.  Smaller 2 bucks spared for a while, mostly just pushing each other.   Great times.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 135 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE