MORE
Archery

Bowhunting Reports and Pictures 2020

9/15/20 @ 12:47 PM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I went out on Saturday morning and evening.  My morning sit was mainly just to get out not necessarily shoot anything because it poured the whole time.  I sat in one of our rifle stands until 10am and didn't see anything.  I went back out around 4pm and the rain had stopped.  I ended up seeing 4 does and 2 fawns, they were not moving fast at all.  Sunday morning I went out for a few hours and didn't see anything, got to my stand location first thing and noticed that a squirrel halfway chewed through one of the straps of the stand I just hung last week.  I'm glad it was noticeable because if I tried to step on it I'd have probably taken a tumble.  

Overall it was just nice to get in the woods again.

Marquette County

Displaying 16 to 30 of 135 posts
11/18/20 @ 2:33 PM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10

Lmao.... she didn't go 20!  Love Rut Daniels.  

11/18/20 @ 11:19 AM
NEVER GIVE UP 2
NEVER GIVE UP 2
User since 6/7/10

Went out this morning on a family 10 acre lot. I saw 12 doe mostly fawns and some adult doe. Had a small buck and chase a few doe around 50 yards from me. I killed an adult doe that was trying to figure out what I was. She stomped at me and tried to get down wind. I shot her at 20 yards and she didn't go 20! both my archery tags are filled and im done for the year. Portage county. Have fun this weekend all you gun hunters!

11/17/20 @ 11:11 PM
lightning95
lightning95
User since 1/7/14

Public land southeast Wisconsin.   Buck came in from the west, doe came in from southeast.  Buck heard doe, turns towards her and both end up within 20 yards.  15 yard shot, buck went 30 yards.  First buck on public land.  Awesome, short hunt.

11/17/20 @ 8:33 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

Not exactly an archery report but wanted share some deer sightings today.  We were at a rural property today to excavate some soil test pits with a small excavator.  Two of us were at the next test pit location and the excavator was coming across the cut corn towards us and saw 2 bucks break out of a patch of sandbar willow and scamper across the field and over the road, he reported that the bigger buck was a big 3.5 or 4.5 yo with a big body.  We dug the test pit and when we were leaving two more small bucks left the willow and followed the first two.  We were in a time crunch but I really wanted to go back and see if there was a hot doe with an even bigger buck in that little patch of willow, (the size of a house).

Good luck to all the hunters still out there.

11/15/20 @ 5:15 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05

Geneva Kid. Congratulations. I hope the happiness you feel; was worth the wait.

11/15/20 @ 9:17 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

great looking deer Trapper! i'd take that one all day!

11/15/20 @ 7:44 AM
Trapper Man
Trapper Man
User since 2/24/05

Shot this 10 point Saturday morning southern Marinette Co. Hit the can and he came looking. Shot at 18 yards quartering towards me. He ran 45 yards and when I gutted him I found that I hit both lungs and the liver, never had that before but it must of been the angle.

11/14/20 @ 9:56 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Went out Wednesday morning and had a nice one walk by at 6:30. He was only 20 yards, following a doe and stopped broadside. Only went 40 yards and piled up. Great season. Hunted in Racine county.

11/14/20 @ 7:12 AM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Southern Clark County. Sat yesterday afternoon from 1:00pm til just after shooting hours. Saw 10 deer! But all does & fawns. 

Maybe just to many does, & buck doe ratio is not right. 

Might have to buy a doe tag. 

Big Mac 

11/13/20 @ 8:06 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Saw a nice 9pt tonight, responded to blind grunt calling.  Was 40 yards and saw me first-came from behind me on my right.  Fun.  Last light, doe nearby.  Watched a mink.  Good times.

11/13/20 @ 6:02 PM
Patrick Thomas
User since 11/14/17

During the past 5 days I've seen two 10's, an 8 a nine and a monster in huge brush.  Yesterday afternoon, around 3 the 9 was guarding a doe & when the buck was startled, the doe got up & chased him.  I've never seen that...3 days ago the deer were out early and seemingly everywhere.  Maybe it's the warm temps that may have pushed estrus back a bit this year, but whatever the case...sure have seen a bunch of beauties the past few days...The WI deep pop. has to be at record levels.  (Sheb. County)

11/13/20 @ 4:59 PM
walleyeralph
User since 6/20/01

Just had a small 8 pt buck chase a doe thru my yard.Near Stone Bank, Wauk county.

11/13/20 @ 10:35 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Shot a doe this morning after watching her for about 20 minutes. Passed the first few opportunities to take a shot hoping for a buck. No buck. Buck pictures have picked up significantly over the last couple days but much still at night. Heading back out this afternoon. Washington County. 

11/11/20 @ 9:22 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

That mouse is a booner!

Congrats to all that have connected!

11/11/20 @ 8:39 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Geneva and Bass congrats.both nice bucks.

Thomas congrats to you nice shot on what looks like a nice size mouse.They don't take up much freezer space either.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 135 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE