MORE
Archery

2021/22 bow hunting reports

9/18/21 @ 5:31 PM
INITIAL POST
mcsb
mcsb
User since 6/6/10

Had a little year and a half come in at 7am ish... Downwind and crossed walk in path and kept going... Cool to experience ground hunting in a marsh/crp area... Later went to check a cam close in area and got within 40 of a small doe with the sun at my back... Good check I'll be trying to hunt that area after working this weekend 2 nice bucks around there just no daylight pics will have to gameplan to move in close to suspected bedding provided they aren't in the corn there... All public land se wi..  tight(bow)strings and good luck everyone this season. I'm pumped!

Displaying 46 to 60 of 153 posts
11/3/21 @ 10:41 AM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10

After several years of having permission for some great private land I had to move on due to the owner passing away and land being sold off. So off to public I went. Was able to harvest this guy 11/1 at 1 o'clock. Sheboygan county

11/3/21 @ 9:08 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Shot this 11 pointer on 10/31.  Hunted behind my house and I don't typically see a lot so thought I'd rattle and try to make something happen.  Was loud though with sound coming off I-39 so I figured nothing would hear me.  At about 5PM it got pretty quiet so I tried rattling.  I was in the middle of it when I saw a spiker coming straight at me from the north.  Set the antlers down and got in position, was just going to record him on my Tactacam.  He acted nervous and all the conditions were right so I thought maybe he wasn't seeing a deer and didn't want to commit.  He made a few hops back pretty fast and then I heard noise behind me to the south.  This one was coming at a pretty good clip with is head outstretched.  Then from the west there was another buck coming.  Saw 8 points on it right away but quit looking after that as I was concentrating on this other one.  Was pretty cool to have bucks coming from 3 different ways, all converging on me.

Worked great having them all there because they were basically eyeing each other up.  This one came past at 20 yards on his way towards the 8 pointer.

11/3/21 @ 9:07 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Are you on an iphone?  I think those use .heic extensions which is not supported everywhere.  Might have to save it as a jpeg or something possibly.

11/3/21 @ 8:42 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

On my phone, It doesn't click when I hit the upload icon and tried on my computer and it wasn't the picture I selected,  wasn't even one of my pics.  Thanks for the help, I give up.

Driving around yesterday I saw 2 nice bucks trying to get killed on the road.  Good luck everyone out there and stay safe.

11/3/21 @ 7:54 AM
Skunky ll
User since 1/11/21

Click, upload files here, photo library, resize to medium. Done. 

11/3/21 @ 6:38 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Got a nice 10 pointer yesterday at 728 AM. He was by himself but was definitely on a mission somewhere.  That is the earliest in the morning I have ever shot a buck bow hunting. 

Would post a picture. But haven't ever been able to figure out how since LL changed their format.  If anyone can help, would greatly appreciate it!

11/2/21 @ 10:37 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

My cell cams in Adam's county had nice bucks today at 11 1130 1 and 6. First day time pics of good bucks during daylight this fall..I'm back home chasing bigger bucks in rock county but they are still nocturnal for me

11/2/21 @ 9:16 PM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10

Hang in there guys that might be new to the sport. i have shot ALL my bow bucks between Oct 31- Nov 13. I ONLY shoot decent 8s or bigger now also. In the early days I shot whatever came close but not anymore. Lastly, I do half my hunting standing on the ground with no cover cept an existing tree or branch. Talk about a rush as you nearly get run over by a insane buck. 

11/2/21 @ 9:10 PM
walleyezhunter05
User since 3/22/05

Sat all morning and only saw a couple does. Got out at 11:30 for an hour and went back in. The flip was switched and the woods were on fire tonight. Several bucks were chasing does all over, grunting and roaring. I’ll be in the woods all day tomorrow……the time is here……Goodluck everyone

WalleyezZ 

11/2/21 @ 7:37 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05

As far as timing goes the good hunting is about over here in Green Lake County, unless you like to see little bucks chasing every doe they see at mach 10. The pre rut is my favorite time to hunt when bucks are cruising looking for a little action. I've had midday bucks on my cameras for a week already. Any buck worth shooting will be locked down on a doe soon and you just have to keep going and hope to catch him between does. The only time a nice buck will work a scrape now is at midnite

11/2/21 @ 8:56 AM
Skunky ll
User since 1/11/21

Buck tag is filled, looking for a doe for parents freezer, of course I had 1 medium size 6ptr cruise by early afternoon, then a nice shooter 8 an hour before dark. No chasing, just cruising. 

Public, Waushara cty. 

11/1/21 @ 7:23 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

Go get him the_dude!

Well, I have off all week to hunt and I worked from daylight till dark today…

have 5 cell cameras going on 3.25 acres of food plots and the plots are covered up in does and fawns all day pretty much. Not a buck to be seen during daylight. Even with the ground covered with snow this afternoon I sure thought it would get the boys chasing. And they just might be, somewhere, but no confirmation from my cameras. 

I think the rut starts later in far northern Wisconsin and the U.P. Just a hunch. Maybe I’ll work tomorrow too. 

Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who punched their tags already!

11/1/21 @ 6:58 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

NW Jefferson Cty:  small bucks chasing and cruising Saturday and Sunday.  Neighbor shot a dandy 10 pt Saturday morning.  Not sure if he was chasing or just cruising.  1:43 PM today got a trail cam pic of a mature deer walking through my food plot.  Now is the time.  Good luck!

11/1/21 @ 8:46 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

No luck here so far. We've been out the last few days and have seen a bunch, but nothing other than small bucks are coming in range. Small bucks are getting ready, but i haven't seen anything mature yet.  Marquette cty

11/1/21 @ 8:03 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

waupaca co:  hunted saturday evening, with the warmer weather i expected to see some movement the last hour, had a small 8pt come thru and then saw a really nice 8-9pt he trotted by at about 60yds still nice to see him, buddy down the tree line saw the same 2  I did and another nice buck. Wont be up until gun deer now.

Goodhuntin all and congrats to all who have gotten a deer.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 153 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE