MORE
Upland/Small Game

Coyote Hunting

11/29/09 @ 6:37 PM
INITIAL POST
Team ZA
Team ZA
User since 8/19/09
If there is anyone who hunts coyotes maybe you could help me out. I hunt some land near golden lake and I know that there is a pack of yotes on the public land north of me, but I never see them on the land I hunt. So just wondering, how far will a coyote travel if I try calling for them? and what is the best time to hunt for them?

Displaying 61 to 75 of 336 posts
12/15/15 @ 11:02 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
User since 6/8/07
How long do you spend at a spot before you move to another area? I'm new to it and don't want to overhunt/ leave too quickly.
11/1/15 @ 12:40 PM
lawdog616
lawdog616
PRO MEMBER User since 1/20/04
A lot of coyotes and fox up here this year......looking for properties to hunt. If you have land and would like some predator control, send me a message....We have a small group that hunts with calls, no dogs. Thanks.
2/5/15 @ 5:57 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
With a full moon, like last night, you don't need a light.
2/4/15 @ 4:28 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
A flashlight may be used 1) while shooting coyote, raccoon, fox or unprotected species at the point of kill while hunting on foot, or 2) to find your way. A flashlight means a battery operated light designed to be carried and held by hand.
2/4/15 @ 3:20 PM
part-timer
part-timer
User since 1/22/05
WHAT IS THE LAW ON LIGHT AT NIGHT. CAN I USE A COLORED LIGHT TO HUNT AT NIGHT OR IS THAT ILLEGAL. I KNOW I SEE THEM USED ON SHOWS AND I USUALLY WAIT FOR A NIGHT LIKE TONIGHT. THOUGHTS.
2/1/15 @ 9:42 AM
esoxtomtom
esoxtomtom
User since 4/24/08
http://bit.ly/6DeerKillers I bet you will enjoy this
1/29/15 @ 8:17 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
ive been thinking of trying it, I see many predator tracks on the lakes this time of year while fishing etc... goodluck, may get out early sunday am!
1/28/15 @ 11:47 PM
alcrumpler
User since 7/19/09
question anybody try the froze pond/river/ lake an deer hide draped over log stick pile of snow an distress call set up if so how did it work is it worth a try?
1/21/15 @ 9:59 AM
Fishmiester
Fishmiester
User since 6/17/09
I have received permission to hunt Yotes on a couple different properties in Racine Co. that are supposed to have a some large packs hanging around. I would like to know if anyone knows someone that take them for there pelts. If you have any info preferably close to the Racine area that would be very helpful. Please respond to this post or message me. Thanks, Dean
1/10/15 @ 8:43 PM
Mutha Ducka
Mutha Ducka
User since 12/14/04
Out today all day. 9 sets 1 got winded twice. How long do most guys sit at time ?
1/5/15 @ 11:35 AM
getinout
User since 12/22/09
They can travel a long distance when they here a call. Call on a day when the wind is calm. I have had the best luck calling in the evening/dusk time of day. They can come to a call anytime of day. Winter is the best time to call. Very cold and they need food. Baiting can work great if it is legal in your area. Road kill deer works great! Good luck!
1/3/15 @ 1:24 PM
lawdog616
lawdog616
PRO MEMBER User since 1/20/04
Couple of sets this morning and nothing. Good sign, just no dogs coming in. Will try again after the storm tonight. Luck has to change sooner or later.
12/22/14 @ 9:46 AM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
I do not think that is legal. Baiting It is illegal to use bait to hunt small game mammals, migratory birds, game birds, wild turkey, and furbearing animals.
12/22/14 @ 7:24 AM
redbear22
User since 7/22/10
can you use deer carcasses left overs from deer hunting and freezer burnt meat? to hunt over for coyotes .
12/20/14 @ 7:32 PM
DoorTayOutdoors
User since 3/7/07
Woke up at 345 and pops and i drove 2 3/4 hours to the cabin. Walked to my stand and arrived there at 725 At 8 I saw what appeared to be a deer moving through the sanctuary. It stoped and was out of sight A minute later it moved again and i could see the long tail and canine head. I grabbed my shotgun loaded with buck shot and immediately saw a second much smaller coyote amble back over a hill by tht big coyote i was aiming at then the two turned back the way they came and were joined by a third one. Which also was much smaller After sitting in my stand i wondered if the closer coyote i neglected to see saw me raise my shotgun or heard the little metallic noise it made as i it against my shoulder. I was convinced they weren't going to come back so i scrambled back to the cabin ,searched for the MIA Fox Pro and quivering rabbit, which was at my brother's house , then moved to see if i could intercept them in a different stand. We all saw coyotes futing deer season so i made a move. Dad wanted to leave the woods at 11am soat 1040 i moved again. I walked for about 5 minutes then "bam!" I heard a shot Mu dad was just over a ridge away so i figured i must of kicked it at him. The crunchy ground made walking seem foolish but with a half inch of snow i thought i wouldve been fine. Anyhow my dad had a white coyote walk towards him and gave him straight on shot. He was just watching a stump that looked like a bear. His scope was on 9 power instead of 3 which was why he said he missed. He counted down from. 100 as he always does before leaving his stand. Once he counted down to zero the coyote appeared. After hei missed the. 30 foot shot it ran ten yards in front of him but he only had one bullet loaded Anyhow i heard a lot of coyotes are bred with wolves. Possibly that big one i saw was a hybrid wolf coyote
Displaying 61 to 75 of 336 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE