iceman007
User since 7/2/15
I'll start: When water freezes on my line / eyelets
Displaying 30 to 44 of 480 posts
3/10/18 @ 6:24 PM
SkiLLz4GiLLz
SkiLLz4GiLLz
User since 2/4/09

When your sight fishing on Delavan lake in 12 fow and schools of walleye (all 18in+ even a few upper 20's) keep showing up,run up on your bait only to back away!!!!

3/8/18 @ 2:56 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I don't prefer to have people set up close to me but if they do, I hope that they're not friendly.  I don't need to sit and listen to their inane banter all afternoon.

3/8/18 @ 2:50 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I don't mind if people fish right next to me if they are polite and friendly. But I don't blame people for being upset about it, maybe they want some space and that's why they are fishing.

3/8/18 @ 1:53 AM
MileMark_714
MileMark_714
User since 12/26/10

I will agree with the ice crust/slush sandwich.Sucks for walking.

As far as someone fishing too close,I don't give a crap.As long as they don't act like a jackwad.20 yards is nothing,I have had some come as close as 15 feet.Just don't mind if I fart,too many Johnsonvilles!

3/7/18 @ 6:29 AM
iceman1973
User since 6/30/14

when people let there dogs piss on my pop up shelter 

3/6/18 @ 11:28 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Regardless of how we feel about the situation mentioned on here, I know I personally feel like giving someone space is a nice thing to do. If they are at a spot, I'll find another. I don't like to crowd someone, nor be crowded myself. But, that's just me. My opinion. But, yeah, it's nice the guy at least asked if he was too close and didn't just start fishing close without saying anything. 

3/6/18 @ 10:55 PM
MRGLAX
User since 10/20/05
It would suck to have someone ask if they can drill 20 yards away from you?  LOL.
3/6/18 @ 8:21 PM
MRGLAX
User since 10/20/05

Nice rant.  If you were trying to convey that there was indeed a stupid a-hole out on the ice you have succeeded.  If we are supposed to come away from that screed thinking it was the other guy you have failed.  

3/6/18 @ 4:41 PM
cantworkgottafish
User since 5/8/10

People acting like stupid a-holes.

Last weekend I was fishing a fairly remote lake, you need to drive in over a couple miles of unplowed roads.  I don't go there looking for company.  There are only 2 other guys on the whole lake.  They are fishing a couple hundred yards from me and moving around and drilling holes pretty frequently.  So it appears they are not doing too well.  I am sitting in 1 spot all afternoon and not getting a lot of fish but doing OK.  The spot I am on is nothing special no distinguishing cover or structure.  The only thing to attract these guys is the fact that I have been sitting there for a while.  So just at dusk when I'm hoping the gills will turn on these guys motor up on their UTV and stop like 20 yards away.  The guy was good enough to ask if I think they are too close. 

I admittedly was not friendly.  While walking over to my tip up I just kinda threw my hands up to convey that I'm not thrilled but did not respond verbally. I was intentionally giving them the cold shoulder.  In a spot like that at a time like that who wants some doofus moving in a punching a bunch of holes right by them.

The guy doesn't get the hint or move on.  He says "so too close?" in a pissy way.  I say well it's prime time it's not really a good time to be punching a bunch of holes.   He says something I didn't quite catch then says in a grumpy sarcastic tone well goodbye.  So I just gave him a wave wanting them to move on.  At that point he goes off and says you're really a dick aren't you.  Then we kinda got into it.  He felt that since he asked I was expected to say yes and the fact that I was pretty much brushing him off made me the bad guy.  Some people just don't get it.

Yeah I know I could have politely explained my reason for not wanting them moving in when he first asked.  But some questions should not be asked and don't deserve an answer.  Like if I ask a guy if it would be OK for me to kick his dog I wouldn't expect a civil answer.

3/5/18 @ 7:45 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05
People who think I want their dog pissing on my shack. Leave your dog home.
3/5/18 @ 5:00 PM
KJS
KJS
User since 6/18/01

Fished Big Green lake and had two guys start fishing in my holes when I went to get my minnow bucket to put on new bait

3/4/18 @ 2:43 PM
Highbridge
User since 1/29/18
Slush that is 6 inches deep, hiding under a crusted top layer of snow that you break through every other step. 
2/8/18 @ 9:03 AM
MileMark_714
MileMark_714
User since 12/26/10

Guys that hole hop with flashers running and transducer swinging,and then whine when unit quits working properly.It does not take much to turn unit off,and put transducer in tray.

2/6/18 @ 8:45 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Not planning ahead for the cold and paying $8.19 for a 1# propane tank at the gas station. They make a killing on guys who can't plan like myself.

2/5/18 @ 2:58 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Set up on Fox Lake Saturday. We were set up next to a crack and were pretty much off by ourselves. 2 white trucks roll up to the crack 100 yards away and decided not to cross it. Instead of taking 2 minutes to drive around our very well marked set, they had to drive right along the crack, right through our spread. Very RUDE dinks. Fishing was very slow anyway but that was just an example of how some people roll. Mrt.  

Displaying 30 to 44 of 480 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE