Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!!

7/26/02 @ 6:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
a1trapper
a1trapper
USER since 7/6/01
Any trappers out there who wish to exchange info? Would like to contact Brian Potter, A member of the Minn. Trappers Assn. I have a super receipt for a coon/fox bait. Lets talk. Trapper

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 2,133 Posts
1/31/17 @ 11:47 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Pretty quiet here. Low prices keeping you home?

Post Your Comment
12/15/16 @ 11:18 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
USER since 11/15/06
Haven't been able to connect with my cat yet! Had a handful of rats, coon and an otter I sold last Friday. Will be out for beaver after my cat season ends Xmas day. Best of luck to all.

Post Your Comment
12/15/16 @ 9:10 AM
DACS
DACS
USER since 12/25/13

That time of year is anybody getting anything

Post Your Comment
10/27/16 @ 4:37 PM
garro
garro
USER since 9/8/01

Why would anybody be trapping rats now in southern Wisconsin (10-26-2016) ? Stopped by a lake around West Bend and someone had flags everywhere. not even close to prime?

Post Your Comment
9/19/16 @ 1:35 PM
part-timer
part-timer
USER since 1/22/05

Can't wait.  I don't see a lot of coons seeing the trap.  well a few as some new areas for farmers.  but i wont be going after them tell after nov 1st. market is down still and this will keep some fly by niters at home.  ready for waders and marsh mud.  looking for that 80lb beaver. want to best last years 76.5lber.  I also am going to be busy with my euro mount stuff as my beetles cant wait to be feed all those skulls.  lol  good luck to all and furry traps

Post Your Comment
9/16/16 @ 8:49 PM
Got Shnitz?
Got Shnitz?
USER since 11/2/07

Getting ready, I should be thinking about bowhunting but all I keep thinking about is trapping.  I went to the convention last weekend and got some new baits/lures and lots of new ideas that I cant wait to try out.  I even got the 1st round of traps dyed already. 

Post Your Comment
9/16/16 @ 8:12 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
USER since 11/15/06

Sure am! Didn't make it to Marshfield, but about to place a good order through F&T here. Drew a cat tag this year for southern zone so will get to try my hand at trapping cats this year. Looking forward to it!

Post Your Comment
9/15/16 @ 7:35 PM
Alex the dog
Alex the dog
USER since 12/27/01

Well looked over some new gear tonight that I picked up at Marshfield last week.   Getting excited to be back out there chasing yotes, sloshing thru water to feed beds and catching a few late season coon

Anyone else getting ready?

Alex

Post Your Comment
4/11/16 @ 4:36 AM
Alex the dog
Alex the dog
USER since 12/27/01
Fellow trappers and outdoorsmen in general, please attend tonight's public input meetings and vote no to question #24 on a common dry land opening date. This cuts 2 weeks out of the trapping season which hurts all sportsman by lowering the harvest of coon, fox, coyotes, skunks and possum. Those extra critters will still be eating all winter and spring so bye, bye more deer, waterfowl in spring and game birds. IMO it was a bad proposal to start with and needs to be defeated. Wisconsin Trappers Association agrees and voted not to support this change.

Thank you for reading this.

Alex

Post Your Comment
3/31/16 @ 9:07 AM
part-timer
part-timer
USER since 1/22/05
well I took my girls with me to pull my 6 sets I had in the area. knowing I still had to old hag to get out for the farmer, but was running out for time to check this week. well she didn't disappoint. the girls were more that happy help and carried across three creeks and a river. well my shoulders weren't. man was I tired and sore the next day. she weights 61#s after drying out. they wanted to talk a pic on the hut as they were queens of the hut now. with the season ending today I want to thank you all for the help through the year and for reading. happy off season and

soakem BBusser

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 2,133 Posts