Trapping seasons coming-Lets TALK!!!!

7/26/02 @ 6:39 PM
ORIGINAL POST
a1trapper
a1trapper
USER since 7/6/01
Any trappers out there who wish to exchange info? Would like to contact Brian Potter, A member of the Minn. Trappers Assn. I have a super receipt for a coon/fox bait. Lets talk. Trapper

Post Your Comment
Displaying 51 to 60 of 2,133 Posts
12/21/15 @ 9:14 AM
alcrumpler
alcrumpler
USER since 7/19/09
Wolf river tannery in Shiocton tans hides

Post Your Comment
12/17/15 @ 8:09 PM
panthers105
panthers105
USER since 2/24/04
Hey all - wondering where to get hides tanned to make things like mittens/gloves/hats, etc.? I'm new to trapping, and thought it'd be enjoyable to have someone tan some of the coon/fox furs that I've taken this year. I'm just fleshing out the fur, and freezing them. I've found a few places in IA/MN that I could ship them to, but it seems like they won't take green fur. I travel from the fox valley to Milwaukee area regularly for work. Any ideas?

Appreciate the consideration. Good luck.

Post Your Comment
12/14/15 @ 12:35 PM
part-timer
part-timer
USER since 1/22/05
so how is everyones second season starting out. mine is slow with the weather. rats are averaging 2.50 and coon if you can find the bigger size are going for 6-10 green. have yet to find a beaver that wants to wear a 330. all in good time. as far as trapping rabbit, I don't have to answer for you. that might be a gray area in our state. hope all have full traps in the future

soakem

BBusser

Post Your Comment
12/5/15 @ 6:30 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Question guys is it legal to snare or trap (110 conabear) rabbits on public land? Snares kinda confuse me cause rules state snare must be half underwater. Anyway my wife loves to trap rabbits but I don't know if it's legal and after reading rules I'm more confused. Thanks fellas

Post Your Comment
12/2/15 @ 2:18 PM
catcraig
catcraig
USER since 8/3/09
sure i will take that I like to trap them am disabled and all helps with christmas around the bend. call me with addresss or text me please 815-601-1680 name is criag goodwin. hope to hear from you soon on this.

Post Your Comment
12/2/15 @ 9:05 AM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09
I couldn't agree more. It is buyer discretion when you sell fur. I have stood in line, watched what the trapper in front of me got, then I get different numbers. Sometimes better, sometimes not.

Post Your Comment
12/2/15 @ 5:30 AM
adamelnut
adamelnut
USER since 5/23/10
What I don't understand is how can Groenwalds prices be close to the same if not lower country buyer who then takes the fur he buys and sells to NAFA or FHA. You would think his prices would be slightly better seeing how he has a direct line to the end buyers. Time will tell and after the March sale and I might have to eat my words, but for now I think he is low balling just because he can. Don't get me wrong I've sold to him in the past and he does offer a service to a lot of trappers that don't or can't put up fur, but at least look around at all your options before you "give" away your fur.

Post Your Comment
12/1/15 @ 11:49 PM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09
A couple of things come into play here. 1) Some of us, as mentioned, have fur that has not been sold at auction. So there are a few bucks that will eventually get sent to me. 2) The country buyer that bought fur last year to sell to make a living, has PILES of fur waiting to sell. I know several that stand to lose their asses if things don't change. They are just trying to stay alive in a very down market. "Buy high, sell low and make it up in volume" will not keep the doors open. Wink

Post Your Comment
12/1/15 @ 9:18 PM
adamelnut
adamelnut
USER since 5/23/10
He didn't even counter on my offer but the guy before me didn't even average $3 on 42 rats. My two buck mink he offered $6 each and $4 on my female. He offered me $8 for an XL beaver I had from spring. I know its a bad year but i know i can do better at auction. Deer hides were $6 each.

Post Your Comment
12/1/15 @ 8:24 PM
Trapper Jed
Trapper Jed
USER since 3/7/11
If you don't mind me asking, what did they offer you for your rats? They always will try to lowball you but there offers give you a little better idea what to expect at auction. The coon are no surprise since I still have over half of mine still sitting at the auction house even though many of them graded select with good size and color. It's unfortunate but there's just to many out there yet with no one willing to buy.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 51 to 60 of 2,133 Posts