SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
INITIAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 2,919 posts
3/9/23 @ 10:44 AM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Zone C
Still have availability for 3 hunters!
Hunt the entire season, or till you kill a bear!

Good luck this season , be safe!

Let’s go hunting!  
Wisconsin Bear Hunting photo by greenwaterwalleye
2/6/23 @ 10:31 AM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23

Dukers - Sorry I've never heard of them. Like I always say to potential clients that call check out your guides very carefully. They always tell you what you want to hear. Ask plenty of questions. References can be good or bad. Hope you have a great hunt,

2/5/23 @ 6:22 PM
Dukers
Dukers
User since 6/30/21

Kirby, we're going with Dan with Wisconsin Twin Creeks. We haven't signed yet or sent in our down payment. Talking with him, he seems like a good blue collar guy.

2/5/23 @ 11:51 AM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23

Dukes - Who's your guide? I used to live in Zone D and guided there for many many years and still do.

Yes- The DNR gives out way too many tags for zone D. It'll be like Zone C where there were baits all over, like it was last year. .

2/4/23 @ 10:21 PM
Dukers
Dukers
User since 6/30/21

Kirby, Zone D also. Might be a busy area come Sept.

2/4/23 @ 6:22 PM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23

Dukers, What Zone did you draw? I drew for Zone D

2/4/23 @ 4:01 PM
Dukers
Dukers
User since 6/30/21

Well I guess this makes it official. Both my wife and I drew tags. Neither of us expected it for at least a few more years. Neither of us have gone after bear before, but hunting together will make it even more special. We talked to several guides the last few days and choose one today. Very excited.

Wisconsin Bear Hunting photo by Dukers
1/26/23 @ 4:52 PM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23

I drew for Zone D with four points. Way to many permits for zone D IMO

1/26/23 @ 2:17 PM
Skihog
Skihog
User since 4/7/22

Got mine......if half the bears show up this year as last year it should be a short hunt

1/26/23 @ 1:52 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

You can now check online to see if you drew a permit. I drew in zone B w/ 12 points.

1/25/23 @ 11:33 AM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23

If anyone has or knows of anyone that will draw a Zone A bear tag and would like to donate it we're looking for one for a Wounded Warrior.

Thank you as it would be greatly appreciated.

1/13/23 @ 9:53 AM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23

Bears need food, cover & water. The darker the better when setting up your bait site. It sounds like your dad has an established bait site so myself I'd go with that. Male bears will travel great distances almost anytime, but sows are more residential. We use Northwoods Bear Products Gold Rush when firing up baits. IMO it's the best attractant you can buy.

1/12/23 @ 11:36 AM
retiredsoicanfish
User since 3/25/09

I have found bears will travel for food. Anywhere around the swamp SHOULD be a good place. They love their swampy areas. Use liquid smoke (heavy) so the scent travels through the woods. They will follow the smell.

1/11/23 @ 12:04 PM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23

Bear tags will not be drawn until the NRB ok's the quota around Jan. 23-24.

There was a glitch in the Go Wild system, but I'd bet if says you drew one you will if the quota goes through.

1/6/23 @ 3:02 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

I had 12 also, zone b.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 2,919 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE