SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
INITIAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 2,919 posts
7/31/23 @ 8:15 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04
A mangy wolf is my guess.
7/31/23 @ 8:01 PM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04
Anyone want to guess what this is. In front of camera over 2 ft off the ground!!  I'll give you 2 hints. Its not a log, and every hunter in Northern Wisconsins dream come true!!!!
Wisconsin Bear Hunting photo by Steve White
7/22/23 @ 11:57 PM
Jeff "Higgy"
User since 4/16/18
I have 7 points as of this year.  Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a bear outfitter in an area that requires a lot of points?
7/14/23 @ 2:57 PM
Grizz3006
User since 7/13/16
Big Mac Check your messages I sent you a local Name and number that takes limited about of hunters 
7/12/23 @ 9:51 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
Good evening. 
I have a small cabin in Hatfield. I am looking for recommendations for a black bear guide/outfitters. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Big Mac 
6/19/23 @ 6:20 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18
Awesome Donski, that is a monster. 

Keep ‘em coming. 
6/19/23 @ 4:15 PM
Donski
User since 8/11/14
Couple more pictures 
Wisconsin Bear Hunting photo by Donski
6/19/23 @ 4:12 PM
Donski
User since 8/11/14
These are some that been showing up on one of our baits zone c . They have been coming regularly as of now.
6/19/23 @ 11:22 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18
Anything going on out there? I miss the reports and baiting updates. Seems this has joined the Lake Link graveyard.

Is Steve White still around? Used to enjoy his thoughts. 
5/3/23 @ 8:03 AM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23
I've never used cellular as I had no service. Just make sure you use a bear safe for your cameras. Bear are very curious critters and they notice anything new in their kitchen. I've had friends that had antennas ripped off and also solar panels if you use them.
4/30/23 @ 9:15 AM
Highbridge
User since 1/29/18
Anyone have opinions on cellular trail cameras?
Set a bait yesterday and thought boy would it be nice to see what's happening without having to wait until I go check the site in a few days.
4/1/23 @ 10:43 AM
7thson
User since 6/4/06
I've had bait sites go dead at acorn time . I have oaks in my yard , and one year I raked them into 5 gallon buckets and spread them out at a site . Tralicam pics , showed 6-8 bears all lying on their stomachs gorging on the acorns !
3/31/23 @ 12:57 PM
Jesse Quale
Jesse Quale
User since 1/25/09
Kirby14- yes I have 3 openings left!  

3/31/23 @ 7:30 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04
Just 15 days before we can start baiting. Of course, it happened again. Another major winter storm has hit. Currently 4" as of writing this. With 12-18" expected. With 18" still on the ground. It's going to be May before we can start.  In the pic. You can see the tip of the legs of my summer dog box. Which sits 8.5" above the trucks bed rails. YIKES!!

Reading a few past posts. I see the topic of bears moving to find a food source. It's a topic that always comes up in season here. In the early 2000's a study was done in WI. Documenting bears traveling over 30 miles to a mushroom crop.  Well, that was good enough last year. As the topic of acorns came up. So we did some research.  It was easy to find, and quite disturbing.  There are studies showing bears to travel 100+ miles to get to acorn crops. YES!! 100+ MILES!!  Let's put that in perspective a bear that we have been feeding all summer long here in the St Germain area. Is now in your back yard in Green Bay.  I don't know about you, but I for one. Have no clue how to hunt something like that. Quite literally nothing you can do to change that. 

So, when those baits go dead come the fall masts crops. Thats something to think about. Don't believe me. GTS!! 

Good luck to all that have drawn this year.

Steve White
715-892-0032
Wisconsin Bear Hunting photo by Steve White
3/30/23 @ 10:29 AM
kirby14
kirby14
User since 1/11/23
Jesse - Do you still have openings? I met a guy at the sports show who was looking for a guide. Let me know and I'll send him your way.
Displaying 61 to 75 of 2,919 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE