DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Antler Sheds

7/1/02 @ 10:15 PM
Pan-Man1
User since 6/17/02
THE MAN is goofy. The bucks choose to sherd their antlers. Watch a hunting show or pick up a hunting book would ya?>??????

Displaying 61 to 75 of 3,058 posts
1/11/18 @ 3:30 PM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

Scout-- Great pics and great finds thanks for sharing!!!

1/9/18 @ 11:01 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Scout,  Sweet pic. love it.

1/9/18 @ 10:46 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Found the first shed of the season.  Twenty yards away my dad spotted the match.  It was a buck that I had on camera and he dropped both sides by Dec 21.  Cool part was, my dad picked up his matched set last year about 80-90 yards from this years.

Antler Sheds photo by scoutking07
1/8/18 @ 10:22 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

bassmaster...if you have food in the winter,  you find what your looking for.

As for sheds,  i haven't looked yet however in the last two weeks i've seen bucks that dropped.  mostly little dudes,  but i did see a 3.5 that had one side.  He didn't get close enough and i didn't bring binos,  but I think it was shed and not just broken.  I think I've seen the deer before during the season,  he's local so hopefully it's on mine somewhere.

Food in the winter means bone on the ground.  I have one piece i hunt,  no food,  never found a shed in 20 years.  they don't winter there.  I believe there are sheds some where as some deer do still live there and travel to food daily, but it's mostly marsh.  that marsh just eats them sheds up.  very hard to find w o a dog.

1/6/18 @ 8:01 AM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

Here are the 2 i have found so far, nothing impressive, but its good to get those first couple on the year, to reassure your eyes are focused on the prize.  1 I found while checking cams after work in the dark and the other, was actually done shed hunting for the morning and walked acroos the food plot and spotted the 3.5inch spike--shed

Antler Sheds photo by shedhunter
1/5/18 @ 3:57 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Shedhunter,  in a different post made a valid point. 

That with the harsh weather & stress of the rut, bucks should start dropping or some have started already. 

Hopefully heading out soon to start looking. 

Big Mac 

1/5/18 @ 2:43 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Just wanted to bump this thread back up to the top. It’s almost that time of year just curious if anybody has been out looking yet?

7/6/17 @ 7:22 AM
Nellyfishr
Nellyfishr
User since 12/23/09

I havn't been checking up on this forum in awhile due to it makes me sick the way people are but congrats to everyone and their find. Here were a few finds from this past season. I ended the year with 61.

Antler Sheds photo by Nellyfishr
5/31/17 @ 4:36 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

We found 4 more sheds this weekend putting in food plots.  My buddy found 1 in the dirt that he had disked and plowed on what was a corn patch last year.  I found 3 in about 15 minutes broadcasting fertilizer over what had been a bean patch last year.  Bean patch and surrounding area were loaded this spring.  Must have got about 20 total off there and the surrounding area.  That brings us to 56 for the year on that property.  We had found 50 as of our main shed hunting weekend.  Buddy and I each fround another one while planting trees, and then the 2 of us put 4 more in the box.  I think I am responsible for about 25 of that total. 

Antler Sheds photo by GreatOutdoors2001
4/6/17 @ 9:17 PM
Twig "SNAP"
User since 2/13/11

Yeah on the board waupaca

Antler Sheds photo by Twig
4/1/17 @ 9:08 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Very cool Great Outdoors!! Nice work getting the little man involved! The wife and I took our 3 & 5 year old daughters out for a bit on Fri night, but ended in nothing but 2 sets of wet boots within 10 minutes of hitting the woods. Kids had a sleepover at Grandma/Grandpas today so wife and I hit the woods. Found this 2.5 year old half 8 within 30 yards from where wife found hers 2 wknds ago. (Pic posted below) Taylor Co.

4/1/17 @ 9:06 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Very cool Great Outdoors!! Nice work getting the little man involved! The wife and I took our 3 & 5 year old daughters out for a bit on Fri night, but ended in nothing but 2 sets of wet boots within 10 minutes of hitting the woods. Kids had a sleepover at Grandma/Grandpas today so wife and I hit the woods. Found this 2.5 year old half 8 within 30 yards from where wife found hers 2 wknds ago. (Pic posted below) Taylor Co.

3/27/17 @ 9:03 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

Here is 46 of the 50 we found.  Picture was taken Saturday evening.  Buddy and I went out after the others had stopped and I found 3 more and he found 1 more to get us to 50.  While it was a great haul, I'm a bit dissappointed we didn't find either side of the 3 biggest survivors we had around.  And I had pictures of them most of the winter.  Got a few more spots I'll have to check out to find them. 

Didn't look Sunday at all.  I had to get home early, and with the rain none of the others wanted to look either. 

3/27/17 @ 8:56 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

Here is the matched set.  15 point non-typical that showed up mid winter.  Match was found approx 150 yards away. 

3/27/17 @ 8:51 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

Here is the first shed my son found on Saturday.  I found a gnawed off stump of an old small shed on the other side of the tree it was under. 

Displaying 61 to 75 of 3,058 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE