DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Antler Sheds

7/1/02 @ 10:15 PM
Pan-Man1
User since 6/17/02
THE MAN is goofy. The bucks choose to sherd their antlers. Watch a hunting show or pick up a hunting book would ya?>??????

Displaying 31 to 45 of 3,058 posts
2/23/18 @ 7:43 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
I agree with Welder.  when you think you know,  you don't.  I have found sets laying within feet.  Then you find one a mile apart.  Totally random is what I conclude.  When that body releases the hormone that makes em fall off,  I assume in a perfect world they would both go at the same time.  maybe they do go within days but I suppose if a buck is traveling a mile or two to food each day...it could be anywhere.  A year with more snow,  tough winter,  if could be safer to assume it will be closer to that food source.  This year with easy winter for the most part,  I think it will be tougher sledding.
2/23/18 @ 5:02 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

So what’s the maximum amount of time a buck will hang on to it’s second antler after shedding the first one?  Is it usually a few days or can it be weeks?

2/22/18 @ 4:17 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

You'd be surprised at all the people trespassing when you have 8-10 cameras set up like my uncle does.  We get pictures all the time.  We've caught a few people as well.  My favorite was the person that drove around our gate stole the decoy camera all while getting filmed by the camera we had hanging 20 feet in a tree aiming right at it.

2/22/18 @ 10:24 AM
Bluffer94
User since 2/22/18

Took a little walk last evening after work and saw many still holding..a few were great looking three yr olds a couple of smaller ones were half racks. Was able to find 1 small side before backing out from seeing the bucks still holding near..Western Dane County

2/22/18 @ 10:04 AM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

Sad part was i had my 7month old with, was going to pull him in a sled and do our first shed hunt together, but i was so mad we just got back in the truck and went back home.  Good luck to the HONEST shed hunters out there.--shed

2/22/18 @ 9:27 AM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07

Was logging yesterday and almost ran over a fresh shed with the tractor. We were just commenting on the nice runway there. I later went back to look for a match with no luck. It had 4 points was most likely a 2 1/2 yrs old.

2/22/18 @ 9:12 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

I had someone swipe one of my cameras this year on private land and in a place I would never expect someone else to be. Been hunting that spot 15 years and have never had a problem before but it only takes 1 D-bag out roaming around to change that! I put the camera up on Sunday afternoon and headed home, worked Monday & Tuesday, headed back up north and hunted that spot Wednesday and camera was gone! Man that ticks me off! I always lock any that I put on field edges but now I will be locking all of them. 

2/22/18 @ 8:26 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Shed,  that sucks man.  I don't understand people these days.  It's ridiculous what all the video's and people chasing a number does to the minds.  It's NOT okay to walk anywhere you want...but people think since others are doing it on video's,  it's okay to do.  Most have permission,  some do not.  We have 2 iowa leases,  people are on them ALL the time w o permission.  it really bothers me too,  I pay money and i'd like to find some bone too.  Usually the easy stuff is gone.  we have to walk 2 days looking in the timber to find a few.  Sad stuff.  I've had stand stolen on private but never cameras messed with yet.  I don't lock them but I do have a code on them.  I suppose they could pop out the card and delete the pic and pop it back in and i'd never know.  I guess i'd rather have it that way then ruin my stuff. 

2/22/18 @ 7:52 AM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

To the guy who thought it was ok to trespass, Break my camera because i had a security code on it so it was no use to you and steal my sd card from it shame on you!  Your the scum of the earth and you are the one who gives shedhunting something thats supposed to be fun and enjoyable a bad rap.  I hope you get what you deserve.   If i catch you on the property which i almost did because the tracks were very fresh, the cops will be there within 5minutes like many times before and you will be delt with accordingly.  Sorry for the rant, it just makes me so disgusted that just because somebody sees the bucks in a field they feel entitled to disobey the law and go after the antlers---Shed

2/19/18 @ 9:01 PM
knocked arrow
User since 10/19/11

More pics good luck guys

Antler Sheds photo by knocked arrow
2/19/18 @ 8:58 PM
knocked arrow
User since 10/19/11

Found a set yesterday very fresh most are holding by me yet i also found a set during gun hunting from a year ago at night in a little woods i walked many times unbelievable we were actually looking for a deer 

Antler Sheds photo by knocked arrow
2/18/18 @ 5:49 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

My son and I checked out a new spot for a couple hrs this morning. A half hour in I got lucky and found my first shed of the year!  It was under a large pine tree, I’m assuming he was bedded there. Awesome feeling!!

Antler Sheds photo by WelderGuy
2/17/18 @ 12:54 PM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

Scored two small sheds again on thursday nothing worth a picture.  After checking cams i can see why i havent gotten any nice sheds yet, the bigger bucks are still holding and id say 70% overall are still holding.--Shed

2/14/18 @ 9:47 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
There it is ! After 37.8 miles of scouting a piece of public land this is the first one of the year and was last years too. 
2/13/18 @ 6:23 PM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

Heck of a set there man!! Congrats!! Love those side by side sets. --shed

Displaying 31 to 45 of 3,058 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE