DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Antler Sheds

7/1/02 @ 10:15 PM
Pan-Man1
User since 6/17/02
THE MAN is goofy. The bucks choose to sherd their antlers. Watch a hunting show or pick up a hunting book would ya?>??????

Displaying 76 to 90 of 3,058 posts
3/27/17 @ 8:41 AM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

Tried something new this year for shed hunting at our land.  In the past, it was multiple times of a couple people taking a look and running a total until we were done for the year.  This years plan was to get a bigger group and hit it hard for the weekend.  From our camp, it was me, my Dad, my son, a buddy and his son, and another buddy.  We were joined by some of our neighbors on Saturday. 

My dad got things started Friday evening picking up 2 while looking with my buddy and his son for a little bit while I was about 45 minutes away on my way up for the weekend.

Picture:  When I got up there, my buddy and I sent our sons to go check one of our good spots.  My buddy helped me unpack while Dad was mixing some old fashioneds.  After giving the boys a 5-10 minute head start, we grabbed our cocktails and headed over there.  My son had these 2 already and my buddies son had 1.  Looking a little more around there and working back towards the cabin we found 7 more.  That made it 12 for the Friday evening hunt. 

3/24/17 @ 2:21 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Finally found one this morning!! Only took 60 hrs of walking lol

3/23/17 @ 10:17 AM
perchin1989
perchin1989
User since 9/14/15
Pulled cameras yesterday, put them out just to see what's still holding...between a week and a half ago till yesterday had 10 different Buck holding both sides and 2 others with 1 side. Nothing real big but an antlers and antler when it comes it shed hunting in my opinion. Can't find the nice ones without finding the little ones too. Found 2 just on the walk between my cameras. Cover everything once more this weekend and call it a year..walleyes r way tastier than antlers any day.
3/23/17 @ 8:19 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Was driving a back road about a half hour before dark last night and saw a 1.5 yr old 6 ptr still holding both sides!  Surprised to see that still. 

3/20/17 @ 8:52 PM
PanfishProfessor
User since 2/26/04

First is a road shed and then 2 more from public land

Antler Sheds photo by PanfishProfessor
3/20/17 @ 6:35 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

The wife and I each picked one up yesterday. Mine was a few years old. Was the wife's second shed she's ever found so she was pretty jacked. Public land Taylor Co.

Antler Sheds photo by LUVtheOTDRS
3/15/17 @ 12:40 PM
Trossen14
User since 1/15/14

Wanted to share some  photos with you guys, My new cabinet doors.

Antler Sheds photo by Trossen14
3/12/17 @ 9:36 AM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

So I got almost 20 hours without a shed and my hunting partner finds this one 50 yards from his stand within a hour of being out!! Kind of feels like hunting--luck of the draw in my area--LOL!! That should be a great buck next year for our area!! Starting to get addicted to this shed hunting and might affect my walleye fishing!! The best time to be in the woods scouting for next year because I know what the woods are going to look like in September/October!! Thankfully my gps is filling up with great looking spots!! Keep hunting guys and gals--Casey 

3/10/17 @ 7:13 PM
Monkeymaster
User since 2/22/17

NE Iowa, starting to drop, I'd say majority yet to drop.

Good luck to all.

3/10/17 @ 9:52 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Couple still holding and a pic of one that looks as if it's shed??? 

Antler Sheds photo by WelderGuy
3/8/17 @ 9:42 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Checked cameras yesterday and had two 1.5 year old 8ptrs together both holding both sides on 3/5 in southeast WI. 

3/7/17 @ 11:41 PM
perchin1989
perchin1989
User since 9/14/15
Was thinking the same based on the deer I've seen while I'm out and about for work. Checked trail cams last weekend. Not even gonna bother walking anything again in my area..get some fishing done and wait 2 weeks n check cameras again and go from there 
3/7/17 @ 10:17 PM
toothycritter2
User since 12/28/15

haven't seen a deer sporting in a few weeks now. But that all changed on my way home from work last night at midnight saw a nice 8 still holding both and a small 6 holding both right around the Marshfield area. I am hopefully going to be able to get back out this weekend to try to add to my 3 finds for the year I'm a lot behind my average

3/6/17 @ 4:16 PM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
User since 3/4/06

Finally, some success! 5 point side. 

3/6/17 @ 1:45 PM
GBEyeCatcher
User since 7/24/07

Went out again this past Sunday. Still at zero for the year. South Central Marathon Co. one thing different this year is the crazy amount of wolf tracks.  In the past would get a wolf on camera passing through one or two a year. This winter wow they have made a home now. Pic is of a mans large glove next to the track. I now carry a side arm when I venture into the woods. Also insane number of coyote tracks. 

Displaying 76 to 90 of 3,058 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE