DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Antler Sheds

7/1/02 @ 10:15 PM
Pan-Man1
User since 6/17/02
THE MAN is goofy. The bucks choose to sherd their antlers. Watch a hunting show or pick up a hunting book would ya?>??????

Displaying 51 to 60 of 3,058 posts
2/2/18 @ 4:48 PM
Wieland Outdoors
Wieland Outdoors
User since 3/27/10

I was driving from my farm in Richland County yesterday afternoon. Within a 1/4 mile I had 2 bucks cross the road in front of me. Both were nice main beam 8's and strutt'n their racks yet. Usually Im finding a few sets by now, but not this year. Few are still hang'n in there

2/2/18 @ 1:10 PM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
User since 3/4/06

Went for an hour yesterday after work and found my first shed of the year.  With the help of my dog, we found both sides within 80 yards. I could tell at least one side had been laying a week...it was sunk down a bit into mud and frozen in.

Waukesha County.

2/2/18 @ 11:23 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Nice work Shed! I'll be headed out this weekend to a spot I know has a bunch of big bucks feeding.  Just got permission to walk the field and I am very excited, not as excited for the snow that is supposed to roll in Saturday but hopefully we can pull a few sheds out before it piles out.  Good luck guys!

2/2/18 @ 8:06 AM
shedhunter
shedhunter
User since 1/28/08

Got out the past few days 3 small antlers to show for it, plenty of bucks still holding and dont want to push them away is why i havent posted to much, im only hitting outside field edges and food sources right now, havent even gotn to the thick stuff yet.  The week after the superbowl historicly for me has been very good and alot of bucks start dropping, with this cold front inline i would think this year will be no different--shed

1/31/18 @ 8:18 AM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10

I'm convinced, where I've been looking the deer are lying down and eating their antlers so I can't find them!

1/30/18 @ 11:07 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

I found a 4 point last Friday . I have scouted 34.8 miles so far this year and found one shed form last spring , so it was not even fresh. 

1/30/18 @ 7:36 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

This thread has been pretty quiet, what’s the deal?  Has nobody been out or are deer still holding tight??  I’ve only been out once with nothing to show for it, did find a few impressive rubs though!

1/23/18 @ 2:37 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
User since 7/5/01

Checked cameras on Saturday.  My son found 1 small one that had fairly fresh blood on it.  Thought i would maybe find more.  However, looking at pictures all the nice bucks are still holding both sides.  Had 1 or 2 small ones that were missing a side on camera.  One camera had at least a dozen different bucks on from the 24 hours prior to checking and they all had both sides.  Gonna be a while for me in Shawano county.  We do have a ton of standing corn and beans as well as turnip patches they are feeding on, so the deer in my block are not food stressed at all. 

1/16/18 @ 11:55 AM
Nellyfishr
Nellyfishr
User since 12/23/09

Well pulling some deerstand and cameras its always fun to check some spots along a food source. cameras have shown a few that were stressed that have dropped. But not time to be putting on any miles or intruding any spots. We lost all the snow in the area here but just got 4 fresh inches yesterday so hopefully more will come and push the deer to thermal cover and make the horns easier to locate. But keep up the good work and eyes on the ground! good luck and be safe this season! I have a second dog this year so im pretty excited to see what this season brings!

Antler Sheds photo by Nellyfishr
1/12/18 @ 4:52 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Ditto on the last two comments. Thanks for posting pictures 

Displaying 51 to 60 of 3,058 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE