Antler Sheds

7/1/02 @ 9:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Pan-Man1
Pan-Man1
USER since 6/17/02
THE MAN is goofy. The bucks choose to sherd their antlers. Watch a hunting show or pick up a hunting book would ya?>??????

Post Your Comment
Displaying 61 to 70 of 3,009 Posts
2/23/17 @ 3:36 PM
PanfishProfessor
PanfishProfessor
USER since 2/26/04

Nice finds everyone!  Only a few small ones recently

Post Your Comment
2/23/17 @ 11:54 AM
boneshredder
boneshredder
USER since 8/16/11
  • Dead head I found this year in sheboygan county, 22 inches wide 13 inch g2's

Post Your Comment
2/22/17 @ 9:02 AM
shedhunter
shedhunter
USER since 1/28/08

Got into 2 yesterday.  The bigger one i walked past 5 times since it was dropped december 13th.  It was buried knee deep.  Im up to 21 on the year but i have more hours into it than i can count.  Still plenty of snow where i was yesterday.  2 things i hate for shed hunting sun and cornfields, but the sign leads you to them and i guess you have to check them.  Id say 80% of the sheds i pick up are in beds or bedding areas, foods sources and south slopes a close 2nd.  Very few on trails, get off the trails and into the thicket, your numbers will bump up drasticaly--shed

Post Your Comment
2/21/17 @ 8:34 PM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
USER since 8/10/10

Picked up 3 so far this year. Lots of bucks still holding 

Post Your Comment
2/21/17 @ 8:56 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER since 12/19/10

Chris, if your done how much $ would it take to get the coordinates on your "secret" spot??? Lol jk. A good amount seem to be holding their antlers still. I still have not found a fresh shed after 30+ hrs of walking, granted I started pretty early this year. I know I'm in the right areas cause I'm finding old ones, not a lot but between the wife and I we found 6 this year so far. It's good exercise at least! 

Post Your Comment
2/21/17 @ 8:00 AM
Chris2fur
Chris2fur
USER since 3/4/06

I've been out for at least 20 hours this year and haven't found one shed.

I've got a secret spot where I know the bucks bed and I've kicked them up twice.  9 of them...still holding both sides in Waukesha County as of this past Saturday.  My chances are almost done as it's time to gear up for walleye runs and turkey hunts.  This will be my last weekend.  Bummed.

On a side note, I find most of my sheds while turkey hunting.

Post Your Comment
2/20/17 @ 7:44 PM
perchin1989
perchin1989
USER since 9/14/15
2 minutes after getting out of the truck, 3 miles later no more sheds called it quits n got the open water rods out fresh perch for dinner and the thought of getting back out to find the other side...

Post Your Comment
2/20/17 @ 3:41 PM
Badgerloader
Badgerloader
USER since 4/10/11

I don't need an antler shed. I keep them on a shelf in my basement.

Post Your Comment
2/19/17 @ 7:50 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

Just curious what you're shed to hours walking ratio is??? I put in about 8 hours this weekend and didn't find any but I'm not sure if that is normal or bad?? I tried staying on heavy trails and conditions were perfect with about half snow half bare!! I have found about 6 sheds throughout the years but am just starting to get more serious!! I saw a couple guys hunting for sheds in the fields--is that the place to be?? It sure is the best time of year to read a deer woods!! Great to be out no matter what!!

Post Your Comment
2/19/17 @ 4:03 PM
Twig "SNAP"
Twig
USER since 2/13/11

0 for me this weekend in Waupaca co. Lots of sign and deer seen though. A plus was hearing some gobbling this morning.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 61 to 70 of 3,009 Posts