Antler Sheds

7/1/02 @ 9:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Pan-Man1
Pan-Man1
USER since 6/17/02
THE MAN is goofy. The bucks choose to sherd their antlers. Watch a hunting show or pick up a hunting book would ya?>??????

Post Your Comment
Displaying 71 to 80 of 3,011 Posts
2/19/17 @ 7:50 PM
Casedog
Casedog
USER since 10/4/11

Just curious what you're shed to hours walking ratio is??? I put in about 8 hours this weekend and didn't find any but I'm not sure if that is normal or bad?? I tried staying on heavy trails and conditions were perfect with about half snow half bare!! I have found about 6 sheds throughout the years but am just starting to get more serious!! I saw a couple guys hunting for sheds in the fields--is that the place to be?? It sure is the best time of year to read a deer woods!! Great to be out no matter what!!

Post Your Comment
2/19/17 @ 4:03 PM
Twig "SNAP"
Twig
USER since 2/13/11

0 for me this weekend in Waupaca co. Lots of sign and deer seen though. A plus was hearing some gobbling this morning.

Post Your Comment
2/19/17 @ 12:26 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER since 12/19/10

Out with the wife for a few hrs yesterday. She found 1 and I found 0.  We'll be back at it for a few hrs tomorrow.

Post Your Comment
2/17/17 @ 4:39 PM
shedhunter
shedhunter
USER since 1/28/08

Nice finds everybody!!  Ive been out quite a bit the past month, up to 17 sheds on the year only 3 worth speaking of.  The rest spikes forks and small 3 and 4pt sides.  Good luck this weekend!!  --shed

Post Your Comment
2/15/17 @ 11:01 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07

Well I've got two freshies and one old one so far.  Most of the bucks are still holding tight.  I scouted a new public land spot on Monday and jumped a gorgeous buck with another antlerless deer.  Hopefully they start dropping soon.  Good luck to all.

Post Your Comment
2/14/17 @ 9:54 PM
knocked arrow
knocked arrow
USER since 10/19/11

On board this year one of my target bucks for this year seen twice hunting last year also found a pig skull gonna be asking the neighbors if they know of a pig that got loose or someone's skull . Outagamie county

Post Your Comment
2/14/17 @ 9:18 PM
toothycritter2
toothycritter2
USER since 12/28/15

on the board for the year.  Little shed found 1/22/17. the 2 others found 2/12/17. in a standing corn field. The 8 set found last year. just wanted to put them on with the dead head I found also on 2/12/17 99% sure it is the same deer one year later. What do you all think? Hate to find them like this. scored it when I got home 137 6/8 not to shabby. I'm going to have to start taking a camera with me to take as they lay pictures. good luck to all who shed hunt and keep the pictures rolling in. look like a good weekend ahead to get out with temps as warm as they are this week lots of snow will be gone. And with upper 40's this weekend and sun in the forecast looking forward to my first sun burn of the year.

Post Your Comment
2/14/17 @ 2:21 PM
softshell
softshell
USER since 3/3/07

Found a little guy today. 

Post Your Comment
2/13/17 @ 6:18 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
USER since 12/19/10

Out Sunday, found another old one. This one was actually a break off not a shed. Looks to be at least 2 years old maybe more. 

Post Your Comment
2/13/17 @ 2:54 PM
Wi bow and ice
Wi bow and ice
USER since 12/17/16

There starting to drop in SE Wi my brother found these but while walking saw alot of full headed bucks.

Good luck out there

Post Your Comment
Displaying 71 to 80 of 3,011 Posts