SEARCH
MORE
Archery

What cross bow do you think is the best

2/21/14 @ 10:48 AM
INITIAL POST
bob kaz
User since 1/7/02
I purchased the Ten Point with acudraw crank system , really a great bow ! I t. Ride to pull other bows back even with the 50% let off cables and couldn't the crank system is really a great tool , Thanks Ten Point . This setup allows me to still bow hunt probably will use it for rifle too.
Displaying 16 to 30 of 124 posts
4/20/16 @ 2:43 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
It is great that Mission backed you up on this but I would be a little leery of any bow that failed that dramatically and from the sound of it, more than once. I have shot crossbows for 8 years now and have not had one violently fail as you described. Good customer service is very important but it won't help you if your bow fails when you are shooting at your dream buck. Mrt.
4/20/16 @ 1:33 PM
dodger
dodger
User since 9/3/01
Another installment with my experience with the Mission MXB400. This is about how great I think Mission is as a company and especially the MXB400 product. The local Pro Shop not interested in keeping customers and the lack of customer service. So, My MXB 400 blew up again. The pro shop thinks it was my fault because he thinks the scope cover lens was touching the arrow. I disagree and if the scope cover caused the bow to blow up then what does that say about the bow ? I took the 400 to the Pro shop. I was lucky because one of the Pro Shop's employees was shooting at the club when the bow came apart. Long story short, the employee called Mission, they said the would give me a brand new bow. The pro shop was not interested in doing anything on his own, right down to replacing the scope cover. I took the new 400 to the club and with 20 arrows I was dialed in at 20, 30 and 40 yards. I'm not talking about dialed in to paper but X rings which are the size of a quarter. I believe the first bow was a clunker. The trigger pull had a lot of creep in it and twice it came apart. I'm confident that I have the best crossbow on the market. I wish I could say that about the pro shop. The owner of the shop is a great guy. He does a lot for the kids in the community but if you are in Central Wisconsin just know that at least one of our Pro shops here does not believe great customer service brings customers back.
4/15/16 @ 12:21 AM
Got Shnitz?
Got Shnitz?
User since 11/2/07
I agree, keep the crossbow stuff out of an archery forum and it would avoid a lot of problems. If you have ever shot both you know that they are not the same. My favorite argument is give me your sighted in crossbow and I will give you my bow and lets see who hits a softball at 40 yards. I am sorry, its just to easy to shoot, archery was never suppose to be easy.
3/18/16 @ 3:07 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
So you think Mission Archery makes the best crossbow? Your opinion is noted, move along. Sorry your copulatory canal is hurt. I simply said my daughter shot a bear with a Raptor and liked it, but she wants to shoot a bow instead. Not sure why that's trolling unless you are feeling guilty. Use whatever the heck you want. The Raptor is very affordable, lighter than most and smaller in size than most.
3/18/16 @ 1:55 PM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02
Mission Archery is a subsidiary of Matthews which makes crossbows, as well as bows and other equipment.
3/18/16 @ 12:56 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
If Mathews made a Xbow I would buy it because it would have to be the best.
3/17/16 @ 8:32 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
My daughter shot her bear with a crossbow, how is that trolling? If your feeling guilty don't blame me. The reason the Archery forums are dead is because nobody is talking about archery anymore. I agree with madlabs completely. Use whatever weapon you want I could give 2 dumps of corn. My daughters Raptor works well. Fired bullseyes right out of the box, so she never shoots it anymore, sort of like her .22 and pellet rifle.
3/15/16 @ 6:53 PM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02
Take a look at the thread titles for all posts within the last month. How many were specific and limited to vertical bows only? To be honest, the crossbow discussion is the only thing keeping this forum alive. Oh, and here's a valuable tip. If you don't want to read threads about crossbows, don't open threads with the word crossbow in the title. Eezy Peezy, eh?
3/15/16 @ 4:37 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
No debate...just feel it may serve both camps better if discussion is separate.
3/15/16 @ 3:28 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07
I was wondering how long it would take for the debate to start.
3/15/16 @ 10:03 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01
What Crossbow do you think is best? That was the question. Some people look here for help in deciding which bow to buy. The title is pretty clear at least to most people. Spewing your opinion on crossbows doesn't offer anybody any help at all. This place used to be all about helping the other guy. Start an " I want to vent on Crossbow thread" if you can't offer any suggestions on which bow you have had good experiences with. When people ask what has happened to Lake-Link, this would be a good example. Mrt.
3/15/16 @ 9:12 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
I'll bite... Forum visitors typically visit a topical section for tips/comments on techniques, equipment, strategy as well as photos, etc relating to field experiences. Given that crossbow hardware is totally different than archery tackle there isn't a whole lot of commonality for discussion purposes. Similarly, one could argue that techniques differ substantially as well since crossbow hunters often sit in enclosed box blinds and/or use a rest, do not need to account for a draw cycle etc. Seem that both groups, archers and x-bow folks would both benefit from separate forum groups since our topical interests differ. And, x-bow use is not archery... Honest guys, it really isn't !! Wink
3/14/16 @ 6:26 AM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02
They're just trolls looking for reactions, no-luck. Don't feed the trolls.
3/11/16 @ 9:49 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12
Why wouldn't you expect to see a crossbow discussion in the archery Forum?
3/11/16 @ 8:52 AM
Old Salt
Old Salt
User since 8/14/02
You guys are funny. Big Smile
Displaying 16 to 30 of 124 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE