MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link

4/4/21 @ 1:26 AM
INITIAL POST
bottom bouncer
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02

I went to Oconto today.  We didn't catch any small fish.  Maybe 15 total but 5 were over 28".  And other boats around us were also catching fish.  One boat landed a 34" brown trout.  Not a single report.  I do plan to post a report on that thread, but let's hear your thoughts on whats the problem with reporting.  

Displaying 16 to 30 of 128 posts
5/5/21 @ 8:00 AM
Carp King
User since 8/7/01

I got a lot of crapola for posting some stuff so I don't put much stuff on LL anymore.  I'll usually just message someone.

5/3/21 @ 8:30 PM
thefishingboy
User since 9/11/04

I use to post my fishing reports all the time 5-10 years ago. One area I fished and reported on was a very popular shore spot by a small dam. Next few days it would be a zoo. Just not worth it anymore. If I’m on a big body of water I still report here and there but smaller lakes and shore fishing spots I will never report again. 

5/3/21 @ 8:22 PM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

I said that I'd give a report after the weekend, as I was ridiculed for a previous report. My son & I did not fish any of the lakes I had previously mentioned as it was too windy for a row boat on Saturday. We changed course and fished 5 different trout streams with limited success. Used only crawlers all day and got 3 brookies, my son getting the 2. Here's how I sum it up," fishing was great, catching, not so hot!" And I did have a great time with my son. 

4/30/21 @ 4:27 AM
Credance
User since 5/6/20

Made a report and a response to another report have been banned from this site under that name since

4/29/21 @ 12:51 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

....Says the guy with 4 posts total since 2014.  

4/29/21 @ 11:10 AM
wanna b outdoors
User since 7/17/14

Because fishermen believe that finding and catching fish is like knowing the location of a hidden treasure. If I tell you where the fish are, then you'll catch them and there won't be any left for me...  

4/28/21 @ 6:48 PM
Fishrun
Fishrun
User since 6/8/20

Jumbee, always watched Virgil Ward back in the day . Always got a kick out of the lure in the aquarium. The retrieve was always the same, reel in, let it drop, repeat. The take would usually come on the drop.

4/28/21 @ 6:39 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

Hero’s reports are the best. He’s to the point and hilarious too. William Heim is another guy that gives great reports. These guys have put in the time and don’t mind sharing any information to help others.

The non reports are pointless and are nothing more than self gratification for the person posting. If I’m going to post something it’s going to be to help others, not pat myself on the back.

4/28/21 @ 5:58 PM
bottom bouncer
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02

Csection..........you are correct.  All one needs to post is

info like Hero posts on Lake Delevan.

1.) Time fished

2.) Depth fished

3.) Presentation used

4.) Baits used and type of rig

5.) Results

Why is this so difficult??  If you are afraid of giving away your location, don't post a pic at the location.  Do it somewhere else. I think numbers 2,3 and 4 would be helpful to most fishermen. C'mon guys, what's so difficult about this??  

4/28/21 @ 5:07 PM
Symmetre
User since 5/11/20

Seen it too many times when some guy posts a detailed fishing report and the next day there are all kinds of people you've never seen before, racing around a spot that's normally pretty quiet. And all too often they leave all kinds of garbage behind.

No thanks. I work hard to find good spots, I'm not gonna toast them by posting details for the whole world to see.

4/28/21 @ 2:25 PM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

My son & I plan on fishing 4 different Northern lakes for the opener on Saturday. These lakes do not allow motors of any kind. In the past we've done very well and get our limits of nice panfish. I'l post how we do with more incidentals after the weekend. I am trying to show, " Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake Link " with this post. I care not to give out any more than that information, as right now, we see very few other boats on these lakes, and we'd like to keep it that way.

4/28/21 @ 1:59 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac

Toughontrout - It would be like me posting on any lake “I fish for Musky from a boat”.

It’s not a report it’s a statement, thus not deserving of any kind of acknowledgment.

4/28/21 @ 1:38 PM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

Zmaniac, because I was non-specific as to the lakes, area, bait used, etc. Why would I give that out, except to say, " Northern lakes, no motors, row boat." And what I meant was I felt that that was a "safe" report. That's all. No responses were needed or expected.

4/28/21 @ 12:10 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac

Toughontrout-the fact that you and your son like to fish for panfish isn’t a report, it’s a statement. Why would anybody comment on that?

4/28/21 @ 11:06 AM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

Csection, you are SPOT ON ! I recently posted that my son & I like to fish some Northern lakes (4) with a row boat ( no motors allowed ) for panfish & that was my entire post, no specifics. Guess what, NO COMMENTS ! 

Displaying 16 to 30 of 128 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE