MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link

4/4/21 @ 1:26 AM
INITIAL POST
bottom bouncer
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02

I went to Oconto today.  We didn't catch any small fish.  Maybe 15 total but 5 were over 28".  And other boats around us were also catching fish.  One boat landed a 34" brown trout.  Not a single report.  I do plan to post a report on that thread, but let's hear your thoughts on whats the problem with reporting.  

Displaying 76 to 90 of 128 posts
4/13/21 @ 6:29 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I’ve met many close friends on LL - a number off the fishing reports. Suspended Musky, Fishhook, Leechster, DK Dominators, Gill 1774, cousin carmondy to name a few - I think it’s a great way to connect with like minded people.

As far as fishing reports, it’s my experience that 10% of the folks catch 90% of the fish on any given waterway. 

On Tichigan I’ve posted what I was doing, and where I was doing it, and watched folks not do very well while I was catching fish 20 yards away.

On the flipside, I’ve gone to the Wolf River and got my arse handed to me, while I was fishing 20 yards away from someone who is catching fish after fish. The difference is Tichigan is my stomping grounds, and the Wolf isn’t, and I have more to learn. 

No harm in my opinion in posting honest information, if you’re dialed in where you’re at, chances are someone can’t come next to you and do as well. 

I certainly wouldn’t give GPS coordinates, but no harm saying the south side of the lake, the north side of the lake, dragging crawler harnesses, vertical jagging or whatever...

I know when I post on Tichigan, I can still fish my favorite spots days / weeks later. 

4/13/21 @ 5:52 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

I agree with Prop 100%. Nobody wants to post a report anymore and get chastised by people who think that their way is the only way, and if you do anything different, you’re wrong!!! Give me a break. Them are the people that should get the boot!!!

4/13/21 @ 5:23 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

there is no moral dilemma on LL Darin.....the law is the law....someone catches a limit and gets destroyed for keeping them.....this IS a fishing forum right?...I held a fish wrong for a pic....hope you let that one go....we need to protect the fishery for our kids...glad you are in charge....and feel for you at the same time

4/13/21 @ 9:04 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Don't feel you have to apologize. When I first posted reports from my outings, I did it to help out with others new to the sport, but also to keep a record for myself. I rarely fished Bago but it was in my 45 minuit circle of places to go from Green Bay where I live. Almost none of the Bago posts were actual reports. Fishing Kewaunee I'd look back a year and see what spoons worked for me last time that year. Reports page for some was a tool to belittle others, yap with friends, and occasionally learn something useful about the body of water and ways to fish it. Posts as short as "I caught my limit" or a pic of fish corpses really are chest thumping more than a post. Most interblab talk is about two thirds negative anyway so this thread is pretty much in line with that, but don't let this discourage anyone from posting a good or poor report. I once put up a pic of a big GB eye before release and someone said I was holding it wrong. We have to develop a thicker skin and keep posting. Thanks for the thread Bottom Bouncer.

4/13/21 @ 8:23 AM
bottom bouncer
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02

I'm sorry Darin for starting this.  My intent was not to bash L.L. but rather to get people to post real info again.  

4/12/21 @ 10:44 AM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

This "posting of say honey holes" is absolutely ridiculous, but in no way is meant to shut down the post. It has been said before, " give a complete, but not EXACT fishing report ", i.e. I was fishing on the Peshtigo with rip n raps from 7 to 9 this am and got my limit of 1-20inch spawned out female, NOT I was fishing on the Peshtigo 17 feet east of the barn on the south side of the river there's a deep (20) hole where I was throwing a rip n rap from 7 to 9 this am and got my limt 1-20inch spawned out female .  

4/12/21 @ 10:34 AM
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01

So what do we do with a thread like this?! Let people keep promoting why not to use Lake-Link?! We always say just give general information and help fellow anglers.

Having a moral dilemma!

4/12/21 @ 9:20 AM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

Some people don't understand the rule that you don't give second hand fishing reports.  I.e i can tell you, but you can't tell anyone else, and you really have to be in my inner circle to get this info.  Also ethics tells you if I take you to a honey hole, you don't go back without letting me know.  Most of us have been burned before doing this.  Posting online only amplifies this.  One bad friend is enough to ruin a spot.  Posting online is like intentionally starting the spot on fire.  

4/11/21 @ 12:07 PM
--Scooter--
User since 8/8/09

I brought a fellow lake linker ice fishing on a local slough and we did great on the pike. He went back the next week  ( didn't ask me to go along) and brought a friend and did good again on some nice pike.  Started a new post on Lake Link about this spot and it has been over run ever since. I have learned my lesson about friending a Lake Linker and bring someone else to a small spot. I take full responsibility for my mistake and now take it as a learning lesson. 

4/11/21 @ 10:01 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

I don't post a lot of fishing reports for the BIG reason is you get shredded if you report success and you suck as a fisherman if you don't do well that day.  Back around 2000 I was lit up something fierce for keeping a few pike from a lake in Oneida County.  Then it happened again a few years later for keeping some gills on a Waukesha County lake.

After that I said screw it and now primarily communicate via messenger with the guys that have helped me over the years.  But yes, WAY too many anglers are to lazy to put the time in and find the spots themselves.

4/11/21 @ 9:23 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

How about the guy that sells waypoints and people buy them! So frickn lazy to put the time in

4/11/21 @ 5:57 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Look what happens when someone posts a picture of some fish naming a certain lake! You can kiss that place GOODBY FOR THE NEXT MONTH. All it does is DESTROY it for the people that put time and effort into finding a decent place to relax and fish!

4/10/21 @ 4:26 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11
90% of my open water fishing is on Lake Michigan. Have no problem giving every detail possible. Such big water and conditions change so often that there is no way you are hurting your chances the next time out. Can be doing good in 60 ft. of water one day and a day or 2 later be fishing in 200 0r 300 ft of water. The only structure that I know of is the Bank Reef, which I have never fished. Hear it can be a real zoo though. I get a big kick out  Ice fishing for panfish but keep that info pretty tight.
Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link photo by griff n
4/10/21 @ 2:14 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

I used to post but after posting about catching some 9" bluegills on a fly rod , got a pm from an outraged property owner on the lake I mentioned . He was angry that I mentioned the lake by name . Never again .

By the way , the lake owners assc. inacted  a measure for only one certain place to have your boat inspected to verify you are not bringing invasive species when launching there . Guess when his hours are ? And, guess what the real meaning of invasive species is ?

4/9/21 @ 6:52 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

I actually sold my boat and only fish 3 ways now, waders, canoe or mainly the kayaks. I live near Milwaukee,  and still fish all day without seeing anyone,  just have to make the effort to find the hard to reach places. Sometimes it involves a lot of physical exertion.  But I'm 62, so if I can do it...

But  I'm not posting about those hard to find gems. I generally post it if the lake is 250 acres or bigger, or a long, large river system.  They get a lot of pressure anyway

Displaying 76 to 90 of 128 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE