MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
INITIAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

Displaying 30 to 39 of 178 posts
4/10/20 @ 3:46 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

Maybe not in the mandate but It’s a strong suggestion that people should follow or it leads to the next step... closure of landings, parks,etc.  If some of you guys can’t put it together then I’m afraid they’re just going to keep shutting things down. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

4/10/20 @ 3:43 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

March 25, 2020

"Anglers are encouraged to fish waterbodies in their communities. Under Gov. Evers "Safer at Home" order, we must do all that we can to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Staying home as much as possible is the best way to lower COVID-19 infection rates. The public should stay as close to home as possible and in their community. The public should also avoid travel outside of their community."

Sarah Hoye
Communications Director
Wisconsin Department Of Natural Resources

4/10/20 @ 3:35 PM
Net-Man
User since 3/26/20

"Fishing is only an essential activity if it’s done in your local area... I don’t get why it’s so hard to understand."

Where do people get the above ideas? If you want to spew this information then please point out exactly where this is stated in the Wisconsin Governor's Safer at home mandate. The social distancing is the current law of the land not the distance that you travel. 

Heck, the Minnesota stay at home states driving for pleasure as acceptable if you follow social distancing. 

Instead of the city/county of Oconto enforcing the laws of social distancing they just chose to close access. Just think if they applied this mentality to other aspects of our lives.

4/10/20 @ 3:12 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

I should mention, I really don’t get the purpose of shutting down landings and I don’t agree with it. It would be smarter to shut down the people shore fishing that can’t maintain the social distancing and also limiting how many people per boat or something. fishing is great way to relieve stress and is definitely an essential activity if the rules are followed.  

4/10/20 @ 3:03 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

Pike pro,

More rationalizing to make it ok for you to do what you want. Good for you! 

4/10/20 @ 3:03 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Agree to disagree I guess outfish and that's ok

4/10/20 @ 3:00 PM
PikePro33
PikePro33
User since 2/8/10

Really like vislas comment on this.  Plus to me if tribes say they are allowed to spear since any ordinance from the governor doesn't apply to them since they are a sovereign nation I'm gonna fish responsibly where I want within safe limits.

4/10/20 @ 2:59 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Fishermen are not the most selfish group in this. There are tons of people traveling around the state yet for non essential activities that are still open, they aren't just going fishing.  The longer it lasts the more defiant people will start becoming. 

Every one saying just stay home do your part, if this pops next fall or winter and we have to go through this all again,  will you have the same reactions? I for one don't want to do this again but the precedent has been set that it can be done.

4/10/20 @ 2:33 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

X3 on Viszla's post

what we do when we go to our lake property is take everything from home. Don't step foot in any business. Don't have a neighbor close.  Dock will be in this week so won't even have to use the launch anymore. We ran out of couple things last time and did without. Being responsible isn't hard just takes extra planning. If do happen to get sick it's only 2hr drive home. 

4/10/20 @ 2:01 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

It is not an issue if someone gasses up, buys bait and snacks locally then drives several hours to fish and comes home stopping nowhere but the boat launch therefore having no contact outside of local (to their home) businesses. The problem is travelling hours then going into those local business and interacting with people they'd never otherwise interact with.

Displaying 30 to 39 of 178 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE