Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
ORIGNAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 178 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/10/20 @ 2:01 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

It is not an issue if someone gasses up, buys bait and snacks locally then drives several hours to fish and comes home stopping nowhere but the boat launch therefore having no contact outside of local (to their home) businesses. The problem is travelling hours then going into those local business and interacting with people they'd never otherwise interact with.

4/10/20 @ 12:47 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

+1 last post!

4/10/20 @ 12:31 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10

I agree completely that we need "social distancing" and that too many people are, for different reasons probably most of them selfishly not complying. In our own ways most of us are selfish and obstinate.

That being said, an example, if someone wants to drive an hour or two to fish by themselves or with a family member, & they comply with social distancing why are some of you making it into such a big issue? It's not as if the majority are staying in hotels, but if some are why are the hotels allowed to be open? (That's a different discussion. ) Are all of you complainers not leaving your houses at all? Or only for what is TRULY a necessity? Is this virus being spread through air currents? Is there concern it's coming off of boats and getting in the water or that released fish are carriers? Don't comeback with the they said stay in your community response. Is there a hardline rule everyone here is using to define "community"? Hardly.  If no one was to go out at all then more states would not allow ANY short term travel. And they would shut down every park and boat launch. I agree, don't take unnecessary chances or create unnecessary risks for others. In my example I don't think that is the case. If all of you complainers don't leave your house then none of this matters anyway. Do you not think that people in your own communities are capable of spreading this virus? Do you believe that the virus must have started by an outsider originally bringing it into your state? Is there any real way to know? I said it before, I have a strong feeling that those doing the majority of the complaining don't ever want out of staters fishing in wi, ever.

I'm certainly not saying that there shouldn't be changes made, it seems there are places where people can't handle personal responsibility or use common sense. 

I know that there are going to be some of you who comeback at me angry and harsh, just be honest with yourself 1st. Be respectful and kind to one another. Far too many aren't. 

Fishhound, if the state was the only one to handle "these problems" what would be the point of having smaller government agencies? How many troopers & dnr officers are there for the entire state? There are far more local officers at the county and municipal levels, plus they know their communities better and should be able to handle any issues within. Besides, for the majority, they currently have a much smaller demand for calls for service. 

4/9/20 @ 6:26 PM
nobby buck
User since 6/29/07

3 or 30  It only takes 1

4/9/20 @ 2:16 PM
Bofish 3
User since 3/25/20

The guy from Manitowoc County should get a fine. Out of his county on non essential travel- 

4/9/20 @ 1:29 PM
Walleyes4u
Walleyes4u
User since 4/4/19

Governor Evers closed state parks starting tomorrow next will be the dnr launches 

4/9/20 @ 1:09 PM
benuts
benuts
User since 1/19/02

Thanks Fish, I was close!   

And yet DePere stays open. Why???

4/9/20 @ 12:49 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
MEMBER since 6/22/01

It was 3 different states, 34 different counties!  not a SINGLE vehicle was from Oconto County!  There's something wrong there!  Fish local! If you can't find a lake or river within 30 minutes of where you live you don't live in Wisconsin!  The fish will be there next year and the next year and so on.  I love fishing the Wolf River, grew up fishing there, but I'm not driving 2 hours north to go and fish there now, I can catch plenty of fish right where I live!

Fox 11 News Article Regarding Oconto County

4/9/20 @ 12:34 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Not a very reliable source Benuts. Oconto was already  closed Wednesday.  It was 3 out of state licenses, not 30. Correct that there were no Oconto residents parked at the landing when the city did their survey

4/9/20 @ 12:20 PM
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09

State Parks are all closed for the duration of the lockdown.  Too many people too big of a mess.  What did they expect after they encouraged everyone to come and come for free?  

Opening camping weekend is opening weekend for fishing.  It's doomed.

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 178 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.