Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
ORIGNAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 178 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/11/20 @ 5:27 PM
Bigpike1
User since 2/28/02

Stay off my lake and this time for real. (Atleast until the quarantine is lifted)

Thank you all. Once its lifted please come and enjoy!

4/11/20 @ 5:18 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
User since 2/8/06

Ere-I couldn’t agree more!

I think it’s all part of growing up 

4/11/20 @ 4:41 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

I'm thinking that some know what the answer is, they just dont like the answer. My teenager was the same way.

4/11/20 @ 4:28 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10

And there is the answer many have been wanting to know. Thank you jchunter. Now I will move on from this. 

4/11/20 @ 4:00 PM
jchunter76
jchunter76
User since 12/12/10

This was from a talk John Gillespie had with the Secretary of the DNR. You can watch the video on John's YouTube.

4/11/20 @ 2:59 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10

WOW popis, WOW.  If the guidelines written by the govt of wi were specific, exact and concise without being open to  any possible personal variances or any  misinterpretation then we wouldnt even have this topic. You reference 20 miles being too far. Others disagree. Maybe another feels 2 miles. Others may think 1 hour. And so on. 

Clearly you are an expert not only the virus, but on the how the guidelines should be understood by all. 

So as not to get off the topic, i sent u a pm. 

4/11/20 @ 1:13 PM
nemab-man
User since 7/5/11

Article 1 section 26 of WIsconsin's Constitution guarantees the Right of "the people" to fish and hunt game subject to reasonable restrictions.

I think I can make a fairly strong argument that "the people" refered to in Art.1 Sect. 26 are Wisconsin residents. So, IMO the state of WI could ban non-resident fishing licenses, maybe not void them out but at least ban their sale, either through legislative action or possibly Evers in Action. It might be a good idea, with gasoline so cheap and all....

4/11/20 @ 10:35 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

For all the P&M about a very small % of the population doing something they enjoy right now,  do honestly think the people fishing or not would shorten the lockdown period??? Answer is NO.

4/11/20 @ 10:07 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

Sucks for everyone some lot more than others. I just find it funny how some on here are worried about others coming from elsewhere to fish their lakes. When what I have seen it's the locals who are lined up along the shoreline. Fishing by their friends in boats basically tied together. I understand there can be some people who may travel hours then stop at this place and that. Not everyone does those things. 

4/11/20 @ 9:55 AM
PopIsNotDead
User since 10/2/06
I'm in the same boat (metaphorically)- the closest landing to me is 20 miles away, and there are no shore fishing opportunities within that.  It just sucks on toast for some of us, but until everybody accepts that has to suck to differing degrees for everyone for a while, all we're doing is prolonging this thing.  I just get so damn sick of everyone complaining about how much it sucks for THEM.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 178 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.