MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Are we allowed to fish

3/23/20 @ 5:23 PM
INITIAL POST
marvin1965
marvin1965
User since 6/19/15

Do any one have a clear understanding  of the restrictions?

Called local bait shop he was opening he didn't know about tomorrow..

If we can go for a walk and keep social distance.. Can we go boating 

Displaying 21 to 30 of 178 posts
4/10/20 @ 8:45 PM
jwog666
jwog666
User since 7/30/10

once all this is over, I look forward to reading about all the lawsuits the government will have to defend itself in due to their overreach, and rights violations. 

4/10/20 @ 8:31 PM
Net-Man
User since 3/26/20

"Anglers are encouraged to fish waterbodies in their communities. Under Gov. Evers "Safer at Home" order, we must do all that we can to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Staying home as much as possible is the best way to lower COVID-19 infection rates. The public should stay as close to home as possible and in their community. The public should also avoid travel outside of their community." 

My problem is that I keep reading the Wisconsin Emergency order 12 Safer at Home and I can't identify the above to be from this emergency order. I am not trying to be difficult and I surely will take some assistance or direction if it is fact and not fiction.

I have only read 2 different statements and 1 separate video from Sarah Hoye from the DNR and not on one instance did she state or promote the social distancing requirement. I find this a bit odd.

4/10/20 @ 8:00 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

I just accidentally deleted a post of mine from earlier... any way to get it back?! I went to edit a couple words and hit the wrong button. SMH

4/10/20 @ 7:55 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

HA HA HA!!! Geez just asked a question. What is considered local? Cabin fever is making people cranky

4/10/20 @ 7:43 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03
I would have to travel hour to fish any lake from our main residence. Would some of you consider that local? I would be contaminating more people going to these places then driving 2 hours where I wouldn't even be at a boat launch. 
4/10/20 @ 7:31 PM
jchunter76
jchunter76
User since 12/12/10

It doesn't matter. Pretty soon all boat launches will be closed down in Wi. Michigan just did it because people couldn't follow the guidelines. Some launches and state parks are now closed in Wi because people didn't listen. It's a shame that a small percentage of people are ruining it for the majority of the people, again. 

4/10/20 @ 7:04 PM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

I think for some and not all this is more about keeping people off their waters and especially IL people.

I won't change our plans unless their is 100% lockdown. I talked/yelled (as we were 30 to 40 yards away) to my neighbor at the lake who is a fulltime resident. Told him we weren't going to the local station or anywhere. He told me you are the last person I'm concerned about. He is my only neighbor within 150 yard. My wife is on the frontline so we dont take this lightly at all.

4/10/20 @ 6:57 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
User since 6/14/05

awwwe that's sweet Viszla.....the reality is...I stopped below the Necedah Dam and there were two young fibs fishing.....I casually mentioned they were quite a ways from home and was told it was none of my f*ing business.....don't get me wrong I have met a lot of non residents I actually loved.....but...these two are the norm for the area and THAT is why the locals can't stand them.

4/10/20 @ 5:57 PM
Viszla-Terrier
User since 12/27/10

Outfishn, let me try to use your logic here. Is it only people travelling to your community that potentially spread this virus? So no one should be allowed OUT of your community for any reason other than ESSENTIAL reasons?? Again, I'm asking if we are using a hardline definition for community? If so, what is it? Mileage, time, state lines, county lines, city limits? 

What about the carriers within your community? Does anyone know who ALL of them are? Nope. So no one should be allowed outside their homes due to possible spreading of this within your community further/again? It's being said that some people in china & s. korea are becoming re infected. The officials on tv & it was brought up by brews that this will be around possibly forever so what about that? 

I will agree with you that people who don't practice good common sense & or follow the social distancing are being selfish among other things. if you see it personally, maybe something is said to them about it. Without being confrontational, I wouldn't like that. The fishermen acting this way are probably the ones that complain about rude pleasure boaters, but as fishermen act in similar ways. 

Maybe if enough people that don't like outsiders fishing in their community could get the governor to enact something similar to what michigan is doing. 

We don't all have to agree or see things the same way, but shouldn't we all try to get along in times like these? All of the time would be be great tho very unlikely, we are human.

4/10/20 @ 3:46 PM
outfishin
User since 1/14/13

Maybe not in the mandate but It’s a strong suggestion that people should follow or it leads to the next step... closure of landings, parks,etc.  If some of you guys can’t put it together then I’m afraid they’re just going to keep shutting things down. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

Displaying 21 to 30 of 178 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE