MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS.

7/24/23 @ 6:52 AM
INITIAL POST
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

What's everybody seeing out there on this bone dry year?? Most smaller potholes are dry or just a puddle not seeing much for local hatch either atleast for ducks, some geese but very few and far between SE WI.

Displaying 30 to 44 of 139 posts
11/2/23 @ 2:09 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
contact, shane cook red dawn outdoors
11/2/23 @ 11:16 AM
canman
User since 11/20/01
Looking for a guide to take me duck/goose hunting, if anyone knows of one please let me know. I'm in the west bend area.
10/31/23 @ 8:33 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
Not a report.  Just finished the battle repairs to the redhead drake decoy from Sunday.  I pulled 32 pellets/pellet fragments from the decoy, patched all the holes, repainted and installed new eyes.  Ready for deployment again.

I feel like the Naval repair yard in WWII that fixed the USS Yorktown after the The Battle of Coral Sea in 3 days, when it was stated it would take 3 months.  lol.

Pics...original damage, patched holes, touch up paint (to take away patch glue shine) and new eyes
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by SuspendedMusky
10/31/23 @ 6:10 PM
Will Comply
User since 9/11/11
I gave up the hunt about 8 years ago after 46 years. Was out fishing for a couple of hours this morning and heard consistent shooting from a group nearby.

Good numbers of fresh birds came in along the Wisconsin west coast with this storm.

Thanks for your posts and pics.
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Will Comply
10/31/23 @ 5:53 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17
Went up to the wifes fathers camp last weekend Stephenson MI area. Beautiful place, and a real booger to get to. Looked like a push of birds came through. Got a few , missed a few. Saw flocks of what looked like big northern birds. Got a beautiful redhead to end the hunt Sunday evening.  

Polski,  the menomoniee had quite a few in it both geese and ducks when we were heading home. 
Good luck to you all for the rest of the season,  please keep the pictures and reports coming. 
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Pool8
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Pool8
10/31/23 @ 2:59 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
Nope, not the slightest bit of interest anymore. lol

But.....I know you probably did very well today ! 
10/31/23 @ 2:42 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
Duck hunting in the snow, like this morning, can be very rewarding.  It is a pile of work though, and getting everything cleaned up after the hunt can make a guy question his sanity.  "It's not a passion, it's an obsession."  lol
10/31/23 @ 1:04 PM
panks
User since 10/22/08
Thanks for the report.  
10/30/23 @ 9:11 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03
I no longer hunt waterfowl but enjoy looking at this thread and wanted to comment. I live on the Peshtigo river, Marinette co,  a bit north of hwy 64. About 3 or 4 weeks ago there were well over 100 Canada's on the river every night plus lots of ducks and within a day or so they were all gone, not hardly a duck. Well this cold snap has really sent those far northern birds heading south, the river was full again tonight. Just thought I'd pass that along to anyone interested in a report.
10/30/23 @ 4:18 PM
hotbait
PRO MEMBER User since 5/16/16
390 and sign, get well. Good to hear the reports. It might be time for this old guy to get out! Thanks to all of you for the reports.
10/30/23 @ 3:17 PM
signman
User since 3/24/03
q390...good luck on your proceedger...i had to beat you...october 20th    had fight kidney totally removed due to cancer and october 31 i get another operation by 7 in the morning...ended up with  8 ducks and 2 geese...i hate missing this time of year....3 to 4 weeks off....wont be gun deer either
10/30/23 @ 2:05 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
I took the day off and went out his morning with my son.  It was another good day.  We got 11 birds total; 3 mallards, 3 redheads, 3 ringnecks, and 2 bluebills (lesser scaup).  We should've both had our limit, but I wiffed on a drake mallard.

One of my G&H Redhead dekes took a charge of copper plated bismuth 5 shot.  27 holes to patch and both eyes got blown off.  Lol.  Pic 1 is of my son's limit today (2 redheads, hen ringneck, 2 drake lesser scaup, hen mallard) and pic 2 of my job later this afternoon.

Muskyguy....looks like you have a drake greater scaup on the right and a lesser on the left.  Nice. 
10/30/23 @ 1:17 PM
Muskieguy88
Muskieguy88
User since 9/30/21
Hunted 10/27, lots of green wings in the area. Mallards migrating on the west winds but hard to pull down (Buffalo County). Dad shot his first band, was a fun shoot. Hunted 10/29, divers were everywhere, managed 2 bluebills and a widgeon (Dunn County).
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Muskieguy88
2023 DUCK and GOOSE REPORTS. photo by Muskieguy88
10/30/23 @ 7:30 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09
Good luck on your procedure 390...
Nice season on Woodie's. If your hunting the south season maybe you can sneak out the last week if all goes well.
Probably harvested my last Woodie's of the season Sunday. I was avoiding Divers just to make sure I had room for my 3 Woody bag.
The persistent cold this week will probably force the wood ducks on a southward travel path. 

10/29/23 @ 8:11 PM
a390man
PRO MEMBER User since 2/13/12
My waterfowl season is over. Ended up in the emergency room on the 26th for gall stones will go under the knife on the 31st. Not allowed to carry of lift for 3 weeks after surgery, Ended up with 19 woodies and 4 geese. The weather is perfect right now and wish I could be out there hunting. Looking for your posts on your hunts and pictures.
Displaying 30 to 44 of 139 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE