SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Lake Michigan Rideshare

7/26/05 @ 1:59 PM
INITIAL POST
ripper
User since 6/15/01
I didn't see a thread specifically for this so I'll start it. Fishermen without boats and folks looking for a partner on their own boat can get together here. Maybe even partner on ownership, as this is not a cheap hobby. I recently sold my boat because as me and my friends got older, I found it difficult to find people to fish with, and could not justify the expense of the ship. If anyone needs any help out of the Racine area, I can offer 8 years of fishing experience, outfitting and owning single and twin boats 24 to 31 feet in length, and of course help with the expense of fishing.

It is very sad to see some boats (and their captains) sit on a beautiful calm summer day.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 483 posts
8/7/15 @ 6:54 PM
Swede John
User since 5/3/10
Pm sent cpr
8/7/15 @ 11:17 AM
CPR Only
User since 12/26/14
Room for 1 or 2 tomorrow morning (Saturday 8/Cool. Leaving McKinley Marina at 4am. No experience necessary! I work 2nd shift so text me at 262-290-6992
7/29/15 @ 6:57 PM
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03
Room for 1 or 2 tomorrow-Milwaukee. Launching McKinley 4am.
7/28/15 @ 10:40 AM
fishinnutinwis
User since 12/26/01
I would have to say that it would only be proper to pay for fuel and expenses , maybe buy lunch etc .. Your not paying for "services - ie -guide/charter " just pitching in on the cost involved.. Considering the expense of typically larger boats , maybe a slip , and equipment etc - Its a small price to pay.. Ive only been able to catch a ride once and did just as I said above..It was a good time , unfortunately when I was invited to do a second trip I had to cancel on the guy at the last minute and he didnt appreciate that , was mad about it...But my granddaughters birth was more important to me not to miss out on .. Good luck ..
7/27/15 @ 8:01 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02
I've had guys range from offering nothing to bringing snacks, sandwiches, beverages, offering reciprocal trips and even filling my truck's tank up. I don't ask or expect anything as I am going fishing anyway and want to fish with friends but it is a courtesy to offer something within your means. The guys who offer something generally get to the top of the call list when I am looking to put someone in the boat.
7/25/15 @ 6:30 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02
So I've only fished from a charter 3 times in my life; so what is common practice for a person to go out with a boat owner willing to take someone out? I don't have any gear, just want to learn a bit & fish. Thanks Big Mac
7/24/15 @ 4:26 PM
CPR Only
User since 12/26/14
I've got room for 2 Sunday (7-26) out of McKinley Marina at 5am. 19 foot deep v with lots of toys. Forecast is for calm waters! Text me at 262-290-6992
7/24/15 @ 11:57 AM
duckc.1187
User since 3/18/05
Hi, anyone have room for one more Sat or Sun. 35 year old male from Appleton so say Sheboygan north to Kewaunee. Will help with gas and have experience just not the right gear to do successfully on my own. Shoot me a message!! Thanks
7/21/15 @ 12:36 PM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09
Anyone got an open spot on weds (tomorrow) morning or evening. Would prefer Milwaukee or north. Happy to help with gas and pretty experienced. Pm me. Thanks guys
7/18/15 @ 11:20 AM
fishinnutinwis
User since 12/26/01
Like others posting here I would appreciate the opprotunity to fish LM.. Sheboygan or Port area.. Looking to gain both knowledge and experience on the big lake..Thanks
7/14/15 @ 3:11 PM
Salmo11
User since 7/14/15
I would like to get out on lake Michigan for some fishing. If anyone is looking for a hand running lines I would be honored to join your boat and also chip in for fuel. Will certainly respect your boat and equipment. Interested in meeting new people and getting into fishing Lake Mich as a hobby. PM me. Thanks, Nick
7/8/15 @ 12:55 PM
toyman2k
toyman2k
User since 5/15/02
pm is available you have to go into settings and enable it Wink member or non member
7/7/15 @ 8:33 AM
Sir Reel
User since 8/8/05
Edit previous message Oops, not a memeber PM not available.
6/22/15 @ 6:29 PM
hunt2labs
hunt2labs
User since 4/9/03
Looking for a ride out of Sheboygan this week. Working the races at Elkhart Lake but hope to hitch a ride some evening or Thurs. am. Experienced and have gear. Don't want to trailer my boat out of Madison for a single run.
6/22/15 @ 1:19 PM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09
Anybody got an empty seat going out this week? I think I'm getting a salmon addiction Lol.
Displaying 61 to 75 of 483 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE