SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Cougar Sightings??

6/22/13 @ 11:13 AM
INITIAL POST
Bob P.
User since 8/8/07
A work acquaintance of mine was returning from a Canadian fishing trip about a week and half ago. Some where in the vicinity of Minong or so along highway 53 he says he saw what he swears was a cougar. This guy doesn't seem prone to just making up tales, allegedly had his two teenaged grandsons along as witness. Anyone here have or hear of anything verifying stories like this?? Kind of cool, yet a bit unnerving if you walk northern streams as i occasionally do alone. So, what say ye? Thanks, bob p.
Displaying 61 to 75 of 104 posts
11/3/14 @ 9:55 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I'm guessing deer. Looks like a white tail to me.
11/3/14 @ 7:09 AM
Watchinbobbers
User since 6/30/10
Pretty hard to see what it is. 1 part looks a bit like a cat ear. Tail area looks more like a deer tail. Pretty inconclusive image. There are hundreds of thousands of deer in the state and only a handfull of cougars sooo, yeah "I cannot think it's anything but a cougar" makes perfect sense. Or maybe its bigfoot. Or maybe a democrat with intentions to do something fiscally responsible for the future of the country.
11/1/14 @ 10:03 PM
ttreebark
ttreebark
User since 7/6/06
I cannot think it's anything but a Cougar, here's a bobcat I got on my trail-cam same pose.
11/1/14 @ 9:55 PM
Finangler
User since 12/29/12
Got this on my Trail Cam this week in Kewaunee County. I really am not sure what it is. Deer, Raccoon or Cougar. My camera is 5ft off the ground. Any ideas?
10/13/14 @ 12:32 PM
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10
There are a lot more sightings in Florence and Marinette and other counties that aren't reported. Who wants the DNR snooping around. While trying to confirm that the trail cam photos or sightings are authentic, they are looking and snooping around your hunting area, measuring your bait pile and just being in the way. who really wants the DNR on thier land for any reason. I would keep my sightings to myself.
10/9/14 @ 7:42 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04
Two confirmed cougar sightings in Lincoln and Marinette counties http://dnr.wi.gov/news/Weekly/Article/?id=3121
10/8/14 @ 2:10 PM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Never saw a bobcat with a long tail. How do you explain that?
10/3/14 @ 10:07 AM
meestalubba
User since 1/5/10
no thanks Mountain lion attack leaves six-year-old California boy injured http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/08/us-usa-lion-california-idUSKBN0H308C20140908
9/30/14 @ 8:37 PM
buckhound
buckhound
User since 4/18/06
1 spotted 2 nights in a row near south twin about a month ago. not by me but a woman my wife and i know of.
7/9/14 @ 8:52 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
Plus cougars aren't "paired" the male has a much larger territory and breeds with several females.
7/9/14 @ 7:06 AM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
Your DNR admits to releasing 7 breeding pairs (which equals 14 cougars) since 2003 to help control the deer hurd. "My" DNR would think that was funny stuff.
7/6/14 @ 8:12 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
WOW! What bar did you hear that from? Let's see some prove that the DNR admitted to stocking 1, let alone 14 cougars? They admitted that there are some that most likely came in from South Dakota but that they're most likely young males looking for their own territory. It's funny that in states where cougars are relatively common sightings are VERY, VERY rare but in Wisconsin where there might be a handfull people are seeing them all the time. People post trail camera pictures of deer, bobcats and house cats and people think they're cougars. This is when they're able to sit and study the picture and they still get it wrong, now you want me to believe that they're correct when they see something flash in front of their headlights? I believe that 99% of the "sightings" are a case of mistaken identity.
7/5/14 @ 11:44 AM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10
I don't see what's so hard to believe! Your DNR admits to releasing 7 breeding pairs (which equals 14 cougars) since 2003 to help control the deer hurd.
7/2/14 @ 5:33 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
No picture = no believe!
7/2/14 @ 3:44 PM
SusanMerry
User since 7/2/14
We have seen a couger in the country south of Madison and north of Janesville, WI several times in the past 2 years. Have paw prints. Several people reporting this.
Displaying 61 to 75 of 104 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE