SEARCH
MORE
General Outdoor Discussion

Cougar Sightings??

6/22/13 @ 11:13 AM
INITIAL POST
Bob P.
User since 8/8/07
A work acquaintance of mine was returning from a Canadian fishing trip about a week and half ago. Some where in the vicinity of Minong or so along highway 53 he says he saw what he swears was a cougar. This guy doesn't seem prone to just making up tales, allegedly had his two teenaged grandsons along as witness. Anyone here have or hear of anything verifying stories like this?? Kind of cool, yet a bit unnerving if you walk northern streams as i occasionally do alone. So, what say ye? Thanks, bob p.
Displaying 46 to 60 of 104 posts
7/22/15 @ 1:25 AM
whatup
User since 12/9/01
Hey rob, I suppose when lions are born they are full grown? You must be right!
7/21/15 @ 9:10 PM
wale
User since 2/12/13
when I was hunting two years ago I saw a cougar when I was up in my treestand and then the next morning my father had it by his stand when he got there in the dark. northern Wisconsin. sawyer county. also had a guy driving around last year looking for one but I think it was panther. and the one I saw was a cougar
7/21/15 @ 8:02 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
User since 10/17/04
I also just saw the video. Couger, mountain lion... Im not sure how you can possibly think its a legitimate African lion. You do realize they are like 4 times bigger then a couger don't you?
7/21/15 @ 4:18 PM
whatup
User since 12/9/01
It was an African lion, not a mountain lion. I saw the video.
7/21/15 @ 1:46 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Supposedly there was a mountain lion spotted roaming around the streets of milwaukee .
5/5/15 @ 6:12 PM
fishingmaster1997
User since 4/18/12
Last week. I was out for dinner with my girlfriend and her mom. 3 way? I sure hope so. Rawr
3/28/15 @ 2:26 PM
west2
User since 12/27/12
bobcat
2/18/15 @ 4:36 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
And just because people tell you you are crazy doesn't make it so! I remember a guy shooting an ostrich bow hunting a few yrs back near fox lake! He stated that he was being chased by a valhsa raptor! as it turned out the ostrich was a guys pet that lived about 5 miles away and had gotten out of his pen a few days earlier. Apparently the bird was super friendly and was just following a human home. But I'm guessing in a dark swamp and some 9 ft two legged beast is crashing thru the brush a guy mite think things have really taken a turn for the worst! Point being I find lions easier to believe then ostriches in fox lake wi but I know there was one raptor out there. Anything is possible!
2/18/15 @ 3:57 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
That is not a whitetail guys zoom in, the ears are not from any deer I have ever seen! The shoulder profile is all wrong for a deer as is the profile. Really zoom in and look at it. I am in prescott az write now "mountain lion central" I have shown that pic to at least 10 guys that live here and hunt here, all of them said cat!! I believe you got a pic of a lion. I know I can hear it already but zoom in and really look at the ears and body lines.
2/18/15 @ 12:14 PM
gspmanscott
User since 2/26/13
they have been in Washburn county, Casey Creek Flowage area. saposedly DNR worked with bear hunting group to tree'd one in an attempt to tranquilize it but blew it. cat got away. i have seen tracks in the area but no sightings in the same area.
11/12/14 @ 8:29 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04
Saw a show on NATGEO last night called Cougar vs Wolf. It seems that cougars will kill a wolf if it gets a chance. Very interesting. So maybe there is an upside to having a small cougar population in Wisconsin.
11/4/14 @ 12:41 PM
ttreebark
ttreebark
User since 7/6/06
You guys are right,I guess I got Cougar fever.
11/3/14 @ 7:33 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Ehh...whitetail. Cougar has a white butt, but not so much white on the sides of the tail.
11/3/14 @ 7:15 PM
ThreeFiftySeven
ThreeFiftySeven
User since 3/14/03
Strange rear end for a whitetail if it is...
11/3/14 @ 6:48 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
Looks like a deer.
Displaying 46 to 60 of 104 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE