MORE
General Hunting Discussion

wolf hunt

8/31/12 @ 5:18 PM
INITIAL POST
hardcorewisconsin
hardcorewisconsin
User since 12/12/10
just wondering how most guys are gonna try to harvest a wolf if they draw a tag ? think guys will start guiding for them ?
Displaying 16 to 30 of 206 posts
2/23/21 @ 10:41 AM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/03

Let the wolf patrol apply.  They're not getting all 4000 tags and I would guess they're not getting a fraction of them based on other hunters that already had points in waiting. At the same time they are indirectly helping hunters by contributing money to the DNR that helps other resources.  If they harass a hunt or disturb a trapping site, turn them in.  The harassment laws are pretty harsh.  

2/22/21 @ 6:13 PM
FishinXtreme
Gmcrenn2500
User since 2/22/21

I didnt draw a tag due to the group wolf patrol on fb wonder how many of us lost the opportunity due to them buying up application tags dont believe me its all on their fb page along with they are reimbursing anyone who buys a tag to lessen the chances of hunters obtaining them they also have video up of their member going around looking for hunters and trap sites to prevent the harvest numbers from rising call the dnr complaint line and report them our draw which is small enough the way it is was illegally tampered and unfair 1-800-847-9367 voice your thoughts to the wi dnr dont let them get away with their illegal tactics

10/30/14 @ 8:07 AM
RodBend
RodBend'r
User since 5/19/04
If the season is still open after the gun deer season, try going with hounds. Maybe some hound guys will chime in here and help you guys out. Good Luck!
10/29/14 @ 7:55 PM
drslyr4
User since 3/9/04
I also still have my wolf tag. if anyone has an area the want a wolf to take a nap. zone 3 and 6 are still open. I had to get some stronger traps but willing to trap or shoot one. PM me if you know of an area. I have off next week. Drslyr
10/28/14 @ 8:21 AM
doublelung
User since 6/22/08
I have a tag, but live in Zone 5. Anybody in zone 6 willing to help me out? Let me know.
10/28/14 @ 7:55 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
It is a proven scientific fact that when deer are scarce, wolves turn their attention to hunting dogs, foo foo, and girlfriends of rednecks (sheep). Big Smile
10/27/14 @ 6:57 AM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
Wolves aint all bad, they kill coyotes and beavers. When those wolves come around the beavers go missing. The day before gun season I had 3 wolves come right along my cabin. They were following a yote track. I followed the tracks back for a mile. The wolves went everywhere the yote track went. When they catch it they kill it. Might as well eat yote, there was not one deer track in that mile of backtracking.
10/26/14 @ 11:28 PM
lota lota
lota lota
User since 7/12/01
Plum: Check your messenger.
10/26/14 @ 9:47 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Count me in lota, you ever been to the Sayner Pub?
10/26/14 @ 9:37 PM
lota lota
lota lota
User since 7/12/01
Plum: Good for you. We should hook up when you are up here again. Nothing like a beer in the Northwoods. I am forced to live the dream! LOL Big Smile
10/26/14 @ 9:30 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
Doing the same as you Lota and watching the game on the couch with the iPad..
10/26/14 @ 9:22 PM
lota lota
lota lota
User since 7/12/01
They're a wrecking machine Rocky!!! Hey, does anyone care that the Packers are playing???!!!!
10/26/14 @ 9:12 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
And don't forget Grouse and Squirrels...
10/26/14 @ 9:08 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
They don't just eat deer Mani. Wolves are opportunistic, and will eat anything and everything they can get their paws on. From dumpster diving and people's trash, to mice, bugs, birds, worms,grubs under stumps, and even dead fish they find floating on shore. They will eat darn near anything... They are really, really, really, good at catching fawns, and any other animal that is old, young, or weak...
10/26/14 @ 7:15 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
How many wolves did we get so far and are some of the units closed yet? Hay, I have a new Wisconsin slogan!!!!! "SHOOT A DEER, STARVE A WOLF!!"
Displaying 16 to 30 of 206 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE