SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

Making Maple Syrup

1/26/02 @ 12:59 PM
sapman
sapman
User since 8/16/01
This warm wheather is getting itchy to prep my syruping stuff. Only month and a half away.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 1,726 posts
2/22/24 @ 11:46 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I’m there, Ulbian!

Making Maple Syrup photo by the_dude
2/22/24 @ 9:24 PM
Get.the.net
User since 12/30/13
Maple syrup guys, have your a1c checked, pure suger fix, just saying.......

2/22/24 @ 9:16 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
If you don’t see flames shooting out of the pipe you need to use a hotter burning wood. 

I try to keep my stack temp around 1200 degrees.  Last year I was at 1600+ most days.  Then I ran out of honey locust. 
Making Maple Syrup photo by Ulbian
2/22/24 @ 6:25 PM
FishinXtreme
FishinXtreme
PRO MEMBER User since 1/12/14
Looks like a great time Dude. Like the set up.
2/22/24 @ 4:24 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
First cook of the year.
2/22/24 @ 2:57 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Jig - I’m tapping in Northwest Jefferson county.  I have a cabin near Townsend, but do the sapping game at home.
2/22/24 @ 1:36 PM
JigRod
User since 11/16/01
Dude, where are you tapping? I want to say Lakewood area but can't recall. I tapped in northern Forest cty on Sunday and sure hope by this weekend I'll have enough to boil.
2/22/24 @ 1:33 PM
swamp people
swamp people
User since 5/14/12
Had a great year boiled down 300 gallons over 7 gallons of syrup. Sap is still gushing. Im done. Just got to clean up, next up Wisconsin river fishing 
Making Maple Syrup photo by swamp people
2/21/24 @ 8:48 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
44/45 - you are in Northern Oconto county, correct?  Let me know when you are cooking.  I’ll bring beer and stay at my cabin.   
2/21/24 @ 8:46 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
We tapped 21 trees Monday night.  Collected right around 80 gallons tonight. I’m sure I lost 5-10 gallons between slopping in the bucket of the tractor and slopping while pouring it into the tank.  Some of the 5 gallon buckets were overflowing.  2 were only half full.  The rest at least 3.5-4 gallons.  I’m not used to sprinting into the season like this.
2/21/24 @ 7:06 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05
good start to the season sap ran late yesterday and started early today. collected over 200 gallons today.   
2/21/24 @ 9:49 AM
Pickled Northern Pike
Pickled Northern Pike
User since 10/19/21

Getting red ants in two of my sap bags this year.  First year I’ve experienced that .  Strange .   Slow drip yesterday…….   Suamico WI .

2/21/24 @ 7:13 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Dude, very nice thing you have going there. I myself get the 2" labels which fit on the top of the pint jars. I've been trying to create a syrup fest myself but unfortunately my close friend's are busy with work, family and the fact that I boil in the Northwoods. It's also tough with unpredictable weather, unknown winds which can really damper the day. Within a few year's all will be retired making it easier to pick n choose a day. Maybe I could even have a shelter by then!
2/20/24 @ 7:50 PM
PSE
PSE
PRO MEMBER User since 11/25/05
wife and I tapped and blue bagged 147 trees yesterday and today, up from 130 last year. she wanted to cut back but we didn't. we''ll have to see how this works out. trees a running pretty good today but we're a year older. 
2/20/24 @ 3:15 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
Several years ago, I designed a logo for the top of my jars.  This year, I modified it a bit and I'm having sweatshirts made for our "sapping" party on the 16th.  We have a bunch of friends over for beer and food during what is typically our final cook of the year.  The round ​image is what is on the tops of all of my jars.  We stamp it with the ​date it was ​produced.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 1,726 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE