Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
PRO MEMBER User since 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

Displaying 60 to 69 of 430 posts
7/14/22 @ 5:17 PM
TundraDriver
User since 9/25/19

Deerlake1........sounds good.  We are also heading to Eagle Lake in a few weeks. Thanks for the info. 

7/13/22 @ 7:53 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Regarding your vac card. Our Canadian border agent only wanted our passports. He didn’t  want our vac cards or a copy of the Arrive Can info we had printed up in case things were screwed up. Everything is available to him on his computer because we preregistered as required.

He asked and told us -no eggs or chicken,  no live bait, what liquor are you bringing and the size of the bottle. What cities are you from? Good to go have fun!

Hope that helps. Hope you hit them like we did. Spectacular fishing on Eagle Lake.

Coming home US agent to us - What are you bringing back? Fish and dirty clothes. He laughed and said have a safe trip home.
1 minute total!
One of our trucks of 4 guys got stopped at a ministry fish check in Fort Francis. We took a short cut in town and missed it.

Their 16 walleyes and 32 perch were all individually wrapped and labeled and in dry ice and all packed in a card board box by the lodge. The ministry looked and said they were in violation because their last names weren’t written on the fish packages. Gave them a verbal warning. Never knew I needed my name on my fish package. Our boat number from the lodge was on each package. You just never know what they’ll think up next.

7/12/22 @ 11:02 AM
Graceonpoint
User since 10/24/17
12point you can download the ArriveCan app and get your account setup anytime.   You cant fill out your itinerary which includes submitting submitting photo of your vaccine cards until you are within 72 hours of your expected crossing.
7/12/22 @ 10:31 AM
12Ptbuck
User since 1/15/13

When do I have to fill out Arrivcan . Trip is on August 6.

7/11/22 @ 7:55 PM
sniper
User since 10/17/01

The picture will be uploaded when you fill out ArriveCan. They never asked for anyone's actual card when we went through. 

7/11/22 @ 5:54 PM
TundraDriver
User since 9/25/19

Deerlake 1.......what do they actually do with your vaccine card ?  My daughter has lost hers, but has a picture on her smart phone. Used that going to Mexico last month with no problem, as their customs just barley glanced at it.  Thanks for any info.

7/10/22 @ 6:03 PM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

We crossed last Sunday morning 4am. Our truck of four no test. Our second truck of 4 one got the white bag for the test. Was told to pull over in the lot. Problem no one in that truck had a smart phone. Border Agent was told no one had a phone. He just shrugged his shoulders. Drove to lodge where the internet was down till Thursday night. Came home Friday morning. Test still in bag. 

7/5/22 @ 3:18 PM
LJ Walleye Master
LJ Walleye Master
User since 9/6/13

I too was selected for the random test.  After registering my kit they handed me, my video appointment was set up for 3 hours later!  What a joke!  We went grocery shopping and had breakfast passing the time, then the guy called me and I did my test.  Wasted over 4 hours in Fort Francis, why the hell can’t they have English speaking people on staff?  I had a tough time with understanding and following all the directions and I consider myself pretty tech savvy. 

7/5/22 @ 10:57 AM
sportsmenslodge
User since 3/24/13

Had to share this, last fall I crossed at fort frances on a hunting trip. My wife's test was fine but my test was 20 mins over the 72 hour window,, my bad, I got sent back to I falls to the rapid test center and since my wife would've been over her time if she went with, she walked down town and went shopping,, yippee! Anyways I spend 160 bucks on the test and drive up to same window and hand it over. The guy look at it and says,,, perfect. Oh and by the way you've been selected for a random test! Yippie! Again . So he hands me a box and tells me to find good cell or wifi and just follow the directions.  After following the directions I ended on a video call with a nurse watching me giving myself a covid test.. plus then had to set up a courier service to pick it up and send in..   but my wife bought shoes.    So life is back in balance and good.

7/5/22 @ 7:25 AM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Agree the egg/chicken issue is confusing and I also just saw info. about "raw" eggs and chicken products are not allowed. Our outfitter just advised us to not bring in aneggs/chicken products and we bought eggs in Fort Frances after we crossed. Should not be any problems with vegetables from your garden 

Edit-   Just saw a guy post on another forum about the egg topic. Their group took hard boiled eggs along and were checked when they told the border agent they had them. They were able to keep the eggs but added 30-45 minutes to their trip. The border agent will definitely ask if you have any eggs or chicken products. Not worth it to me to add another reason to possibly get checked but it would be your call. Have a good trip

Have been on over 25 trips and usually see 1-2 cars pulled over in the check line when we cross. This year there were 6-7 cars being checked. Could be some folks getting the random COVD test (which sounds like a real hassle). Assume there were multiple reasons but just seemed like a larger number of vehicles being checked this year. We arrived last Sunday at 1:00pm and there were only 8-10 vehicles in each lane (one lane was closed) and it still took 45 minutes to cross. On the US side we drove right up and crossed in minutes at the same time of day on our return

Displaying 60 to 69 of 430 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE