MEMBER SINCE 5/17/01

Keep this on topic! 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 136 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/4/21 @ 10:47 AM
Symmetre
USER SINCE 5/11/20

@Canada Bound

I also hope the border will open soon, since not being able to travel to the US and Europe for business costs me money every single day. My income has dropped by 75% since this thing began. No one wants this to be over more than I do.

My outlook isn't negative, it is reality.  Even the best case scenario says nothing will happen until September at the earliest. Why pretend otherwise?

6/4/21 @ 7:10 AM
Shad
USER SINCE 8/27/01

The border will not open anytime soon, stop thinking it will!  With stalling of vaccines here in the US and spikes in Canada, look to 2022.  If you have thoughts of September, but you need to remember this means getting through Stages 1-4 first, and Ontario is not on stage 1.  

Just encourage all on the US to get their vaccines and do their part, sadly many of you are not. 

6/3/21 @ 11:24 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
USER SINCE 11/22/10

Can anyone say what it's like in the Patricia Region of Canada right now???  Where I'm from you would hardly even know there was a pandemic.

6/3/21 @ 10:27 PM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

Symmetry I’ve read lots of articles. Some have a negative idea like yours. Some are very hopeful and some are a mix of both. It’s hard to say who’s right. Myself I am hopeful there will be some restrictions lifted by July.

6/3/21 @ 11:52 AM
Symmetre
USER SINCE 5/11/20

Short post today in order to respond to a couple of new comments.

"Looks like New Brunswick is opening July 1 and there will be no quarantine required for the fully vaccinated just a Covid test at the border. Hopefully Ontario does the same thing.????"

This is not true. The Canada-US border falls under federal jurisdiction, not provincial. New Brunswick has zero authority to open the US border, no province does. Any decision on the Canada-US border will come from the federal government in Ottawa, and only from Ottawa. 

"Trudeau has stated several times that he doesn't want to open until at least 75% of Canadians have received their first dose.  As of today they are at 58% and averaging 5-6% increases per week. At that pace, they would easily surpass 75% by July 1st as long as that pace is maintained."

Not really. You only mentioned half of Trudeau's comment, which was that he doesn't want to open the border till 75% of Canadians have their first dose and 25% have the second one. That's not going to happen in July.

As of today, 50.6% of Canadians have received one shot, while only 4.61% have received two shots.

Based on scheduled vaccine deliveries and the current rate of roll-out, we won't hit the magic numbers before late August or early September.

Guys, seriously, don't get wound up by stuff your read in the papers or worse yet, on the web. Nothing's going to happen till the fall. That's the reality.

6/2/21 @ 12:28 PM
Mike C 2018
USER SINCE 8/31/18

Seriously......Looks like Lake-link is taking a page out of the Twitter/Facebook playbook....

6/1/21 @ 10:54 AM
Jaypadg34
USER SINCE 5/8/20

Trudeau has stated several times that he doesn't want to open until at least 75% of Canadians have received their first dose.  As of today they are at 58% and averaging 5-6% increases per week. At that pace, they would easily surpass 75% by July 1st as long as that pace is maintained.

There is still hope for 2021

6/1/21 @ 9:46 AM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

I have been seeing lots of articles recently about a partial opening June. 22nd or July 1. Seems like there’s even some documentation on what is required. I am hoping at the very least they do something for the property owners so I can check on my property. Looks like New Brunswick is opening July 1 and there will be no quarantine required for the fully vaccinated just a Covid test at the border. Hopefully Ontario does the same thing.????

5/28/21 @ 11:04 AM
Symmetre
USER SINCE 5/11/20

One more update for you guys in the US. Yesterday and today,  a number of the provinces released their plans  for opening inter-provincial borders. So far, that includes New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Alberta and BC. 

All are saying basically the same thing ... they will begin to gradually open provincial borders in stages over the summer, at first only to travelers who are fully vaccinated (2 doses) or partially vaccinated (just the first dose). All of them expect to be fully open to visitors from other provinces by September.

Nothing concrete yet from Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Newfoundland, but they're expected to announce their re-opening schedules over the weekend or early next week, and are expected to follow similar time lines.

That's for travel within Canada. An ETA on the national border  will likely follow those schedules so again, it's looking like nothing will happen with the Canada-US border until at least September.

We're catching up on vaccinations. On May 21, Canada passed the US in having a larger percentage of population having received the first dose. The US still remains far ahead of us in percentage of population who are fully vaccinated however, and we still have a lot of catching up to do there.

Bottom line, progress is being made, but everything still points to the border remaining closed until the fall. Sorry guys, but that's the way it looks.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Catch some fish and be kind to each other.

5/26/21 @ 9:49 PM
Canada Bound
USER SINCE 2/19/10

I read a article today that the information was surfacing that the US will be opening there side of the border. June 22. That would be great and should put some heat for Canada to do the same. I fully expect to get to Canada a vaccine will be required. No big deal as far as I’m concerned. I’m willing to do my part to be safe because I realize it’s a privilege to go there.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 136 POSTS
Advertise here
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.