EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

50 days! Discuss, pics, etc etc.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 190 posts
11/3/19 @ 8:02 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Sat the evening.  At dark, buck came near, hung out at 25 yards.  Too dark to know how big.  Drive home, twice saw bucks chasing does.  Just takes a hot doe to change ones luck.  Now daylights saving prevents after work hunts.  Stupid daylights savings.

11/3/19 @ 7:58 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Nice Jimmer!

11/3/19 @ 7:39 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

Way to go Jimmer - that’s awesome!  

11/3/19 @ 6:55 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Another uneventful weekend in the woods, nasty chilling wind made it tough on Saturday. Four of us saw 12 deer,  I passed a small basket buck, brother had an 8 just out of range. Today was nicier, deer no real active. Thirteen year old grandson had a shot at spike, third miss of the season. Believe nerves got him again. I've sure he will get the compound bow figured out ............

11/3/19 @ 9:36 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Quite the spectacular week Jimmer. Thanks for the pictures and stories. 

11/3/19 @ 8:55 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

From Saturday morning. 

11/3/19 @ 8:51 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

My buddy saw two bucks Friday night after I saw the nice up close. He kept grinding and on Saturday morning at 10:25 he connected. He heard what he said were the longest, loudest and deepest grunts he’s ever witnessed, and shortly after a doe came squirting through at about 10 yards. 30 seconds after that he saw the buck coming, grunting the entire way. He said he probably did it about 20 times, walked in to 15 yds and stopped behind a tree and just stood. He had to let down on his draw, then when he started walking again he drew and stopped him with a mouth grunt. The shot was good and he went maybe 90 yards spraying everywhere. 

This is our third mature buck in a 24 hour period and 5th in the last week. This one dressed a touch over 200lbs. Brother’s was 192 and dad’s was 176. It’s my bud’s best and the icing on the cake for our season. Pics of my dad’s and brother’s from Saturday will follow. 

Good luck and safe hunting to everyone.

11/2/19 @ 12:52 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Sat until 10 this morning.  Saw 2 unknown deer 100 yards away.  Slow.

11/1/19 @ 8:44 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Same here, I could not believe how few tracks there were when I hunted today. Ifigured they would be all over but only one track across my stand since it stopped snowing 22 hrs before I got there.  It is public land however, snicker.

11/1/19 @ 4:42 PM
missedagain
User since 6/1/14

Out open to 4 in central Adams county. Nothing moving. Saw almost no tracks in the snow this morning. Bailed out after another “hunter” parked their vehicle 50 yards from where I was sitting. Pretty sure it was the same person that did the same thing to me 2 years ago. I still drive the same vehicle and they had to drive right past it at the front of the property. I guess some people never learn. 

11/1/19 @ 4:23 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Dad and my younger brother both tagged nice bucks this morning. Both mature deer, dad’s is cool with an abnormal side. Brother’s busted a big g-2 off rolling down the hill.  

As immediate family goes we are done, 4 for 4. We have had a blessed season, one of our better bow seasons in a while. 

Out with a bud tonight trying to finish out the year with one more if he can just get one close. 

Pics later I guess. Just had a real good one roll by me at 20 yds, moving hard. I have a doe tag. Lol

Good luck all. 

11/1/19 @ 11:23 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Took a mid size doe yesterday evening (thursday). No bucks to be seen but as soon as the snow stopped i had does moving. Still grouped up so the bucks havent broke them up yet. 

11/1/19 @ 10:51 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Congrats to the wife, W E.  Great deer!

11/1/19 @ 9:33 AM
brtn610
brtn610
User since 12/30/07

In regard to the arrow through the neck:

A couple of years ago my future BIL hit a buck just in front of the front shoulder, dead center through the neck and never found it. That was a broadside complete pass through with a 2 blade rage. A month and a half later his brother shot the same buck during gun deer season, and there didn’t appear to be anything wrong with it at that time.

10/31/19 @ 7:11 PM
RangerKid
User since 6/26/01

Nice buck with some character. Great first buck. 

Is he missing the lower part of his front leg? 

Displaying 61 to 75 of 190 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE