EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

50 days! Discuss, pics, etc etc.

Displaying 46 to 60 of 190 posts
11/8/19 @ 12:22 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Quite an experience bow hunting in the snow Wednesday & Thursday.  Thought deer might be active  but they weren't.  Only saw two doe, my brother saw  three doe and a spike. In fact Thursday I never saw a critter of any type...…...was an average amount of tracks so they moved during the night. Looks like I maybe having tag soup this year, got to stop being selective, going to start hunting like the masses if its brown its down !! Our gang is 0 for the season, we've hunted Rock, Jackson, and Crawford counties. Boys are in Black River this weekend, I got a wedding, lucky me. Freezers bare and my knife is sharp !! So hope they stop hunting horns...…......

11/8/19 @ 11:36 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Great buck, herkalees!

lovesto - hang in there.  It only takes one deer to change a season from frustrating to awesome!

11/8/19 @ 9:55 AM
lovestofishnhunt
PRO MEMBER User since 6/13/06

Great bucks everyone.  For me, this season has probably been the most frustrating one I can remember.  I hunt in Dodge county and there are so many crops up due to flooded fields and wet conditions, I've basically seen no rut behavior to speak of.  The deer that I have seen have not been chasing, does have been with fawns, bucks don't seem to be in a hurry, etc.  The number of deer seen have been way down (I know they are out there because I can see tons of tracks into the marsh and corn).  Even in range encounters have been limited to one...a fork buck two weeks ago.  Everything else has been so far out of range, it would be challenging with a rifle.  But...back out again today.

11/6/19 @ 8:50 PM
herkalees
User since 9/10/02

I'll throw one in :)....Shawano County, from 11/3 morning.  Rattled this dude up out of a swamp, he came in grunting and looking to restore order.  Stepped out in the food plot I was sitting over, stood at 21 yards and got an arrow through both lungs.  Ran about 75 yards, stopped and keeled over.  2nd best buck ever, was really awesome.

11/6/19 @ 1:33 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Thanks guys! Good luck to all those still pursuing!

11/6/19 @ 9:16 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Very nice Tito!

11/5/19 @ 8:30 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Shot this guy in Iowa County this morning. Had been pretty slow all weekend and yesterday. Things seem to be picking up.

11/5/19 @ 3:34 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I was out Thursday-Sunday in Marquette County.  Bucks were moving like crazy and doe were all over.  I saw a lot of young bucks and quite a few mature deer.  I ended up with two nice 8 pointers getting well into bow range, but unfortunately couldn't get any shots.  

The first 8 pointer I was in my climber and was on Thursday evening when I grunted at him while he was traveling a ridge top about 100 yards from my stand.  He came in instantly, but circled somewhat downwind and ended up facing directly toward me at about 15 yards or so.  I was only about 12 feet up and I think he ended up seeing me, but regardless he bolted before i could get a shot.  Next buck was on the opposite end of the farm and also in my climber.  This time I was about 25 feet in the tree, but the deer came from directly behind my stand.  I didn't even know he was there until he was about 25 feet from me.  He ended up walking through my shooting lane, but I didn't have my bow ready and by the time I drew back he was already behind some cover.

I'm heading back to camp on Thursday and plan on hunting Friday-Monday.  I cut a few branches where I saw the first shooter allowing me to get way higher.  That's the spot I need to be according to scouting so I feel pretty confident I'll get the job done next weekend.

11/4/19 @ 4:13 PM
maverick_12
User since 12/22/12

Its been pretty slow in central forest area of EC and Clark County. Starting to think the deer kill this past winter was much worse than originally thought. Not seeing very many deer. My group of four people saw 3 deer all weekend and we sat all day on Saturday--- just awful. And one of the deer was small buck that crossed the road just in front of us when we left the woods on Sunday afternoon. Hoping its just a late rut this year but its not looking good as we're not seeing much in the fields and are not bumping deer either. 

11/4/19 @ 9:52 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

surprised at lack of activity seen or not seen with the deer lately, haven't been hunting but just scouting and driving, have not seen any car hit deer or anything running in fields etc. just odd for this time of year, hopefully this week will amp up when I can get back in stand.

goodhuntin all!

11/4/19 @ 9:24 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Bluefin, 

Gray hair and clipping the top of the back doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I would guess you shot low and just clipped the bottom of him.  The fact you jumped him during tracking would make me a little nervous that he was injured worse than a flesh wound, but hopefully I'm wrong.  Did you smell the arrow?

11/4/19 @ 9:24 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Nice deer Junkie and Kevin!

11/4/19 @ 8:38 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Got my first bow kill last night! Hot on a doe at 35 yards. Dunn County

11/3/19 @ 11:24 PM
Kevin83
User since 10/28/17

Bucks are on the move in full force in Dunn county. I shot this one on Halloween. 

11/3/19 @ 8:39 PM
murman
User since 11/4/08

Probably just grazed the top of the shoulder blade area. 

Displaying 46 to 60 of 190 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE