Hope everyone else is having some luck!

11/13/19 @ 9:57 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

This is him.  Maybe soon???

11/13/19 @ 9:14 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Fulldraw and IceFishBaby, i am seeing similar. Smaller bucks in daylight but no mature deer activity in daylight yet. I have more mature buck activity back in the last week of October. It seems to have slowed way down. 

11/13/19 @ 7:38 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

I still have a great deal of shooters on camera between midnight and 3:00AM with none of them having shown up on a daylight photo yet. Seems odd as well IFB. 

11/12/19 @ 8:24 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Sat 2 hours, saw a small 8 pt cruising and 2 fawns together.  On cam a huge 10, at 1230am.  Maybe not yet?

11/12/19 @ 1:29 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

Congrats to all of the successful hunters!!!  My bow season is unfortunately over for the year.  Nothing has been going right for me.  Made a bad shot on Friday morning and lost an arrow, upset but tried to keep at it, then I lost another arrow at the range after my D-loop broke leaving me with only one arrow left.  Didn't feel like spending $100 on new arrows and broadheads right now so I went to use my dad's crossbow to try and shoot a doe.  Glad I took a few shots before I went hunting because his crossbow scope is broken, couldn't get a consistent group at 10 yards.  Frustrating season overall, but I am happy I got a nice doe during early season.

11/10/19 @ 11:28 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

Late post...shot this buck on October 26. Grunted/rattled him in to 22 yards on the last day of vacation I had to hunt. Passed a couple bucks bigger than him earlier in the week hoping for one of the big boys I had on camera, but it wasn't meant to be I guess. This was the first buck I've shot since my son was born and it was great to be able to share it with him. Judging by the smile on his face, I think I am dealing with a future hunter...

11/10/19 @ 10:02 PM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Juneau County public land big daddy. He really did not look big coming through the woods. He looked wide, but not tall. So much for my almost 60 year old eyes. I heard 2 bucks fighting about 20 minutes earlier. He came right in to my scents and right next to a big rub. He has a little cut by his lip, so pretty sure he was the victor of the fight I heard. Next day recovery that is a story in itself. Thanks to Casedog and my son for all the help tracking.

11/10/19 @ 8:34 PM
sheephead
User since 2/8/17

Saw first good rut activity tonight. Shot a 5 pt tonight because it looked injured. After finding it the left back leg was all busted up and atrophied. Must have been hit by a car and hasn't been using that leg for awhile. Good one to take out. Winter would have been tough on that guy. Look for something bigger with the gun. Best of luck everyone.

11/10/19 @ 5:44 PM
eagle17
User since 1/15/03

Was able to take this guy last Thursday 11/7/19

11/9/19 @ 10:48 AM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10

Hang in there guys.  I know if can get frustrating seeing all the great picks and the undoubted talk of the Rut is done.  Last year I watched, thru the thicket about 40 yards out (no shot but I did get out of the stand and try to make my way towards the action) a monster 12 point chasing like crazy a doe on the Wednesday before gun season.  That buck was shot by a gun hunter Opening weekend Sunday.  

As for a report, Oct. 26 was my best day.  Lots of action and a beautiful long tined 8 at the ears at 15 yards, but decided too early to settle on that guy.  Been seeing lots of deer real close just waiting for a bigger one.  Horn hunter, not a meat hunter.

11/9/19 @ 9:10 AM
Alum 16.5
User since 3/24/10

Congratulations to all successful hunters !!! Will be hitting it next week ! 

11/8/19 @ 10:07 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

Eau Claire county

Couple more pictures

11/8/19 @ 8:41 PM
MightyHunter
User since 3/25/06

Well I got to take a few days off from work this week. Starting Wednesday:

Wed 11/6

Still had to drop the kids off at school, got to the stand about 830. Sat til noon, saw 7, one nice 8 pointer, got to 40 yards nothing closer but I was ready. Got down, drove to the other end of the property and climbed in a stand that is super thick. Got set up about 130. At 2 spike comes by. Goes back where he came from and I could here some chasing going on. Grab the grunt tube, make a few grunts and nothing. 5 mins later, our second biggest buck (close to 140 inch 8 point) on the property comes roaring out of the tag elder yet to fight, coming on string, got downwind of me and game over. But he is a dandy. The. Heard some grunting and chasing going on 15 mins before close but couldn't see anything. Ended up seeing 15 deer, 5 bucks.

Thur 11/7

Sat all day long, in the same area, never seen a deer. No idea how that can happen

Friday 11/8

Sat in the cold this morning on a different property than the last 2 days. Didn't see a deer til 10, then saw 4 fawns and 2 does. Nothing behind them. Got down at 11.30. was running later than I thought I was. Crawling in the stand at 250. Get up there and see 3 does heading north as I was put my jacket on. See movement in front of me and this nice 7 pointer is making a rub 100 yards away. Grunted a couple times, came directly by me at 18 yards and smoked him. Saw him pile up. Shot him at 3

Called my brother and he grab my son and they came out. My 4 year old loved deer hunting. Has been running to the door every night when I get home " dad you shoot a buck!?" So he got to track him! My biggest with a bow! Feeling pretty good right now!

11/8/19 @ 1:47 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Haf2fish, there really is no rhyme or reason sometimes. Behind my house they didn't move much at all according to the tracks in the snow. To my west was the same, hardly a track, to my north, they must have had a track meet. No reason as far as I can see.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 190 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE