LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

I'm starting to think the DNR actually hates deer...

6/14/18 @ 6:57 AM
INITIAL POST
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

They are giving out three free doe tags in many counties this year with each license. That means you can shoot up to eight deer between your bow and gun.

Unbelievable.

(Tried to attach the map, but can't do it. Counties include Shawano, Waupaca, Oconto, Green Lake, Marquette, Washington, Ozaukee, Grant, Vernon & Buffalo)

Displaying 31 to 45 of 46 posts
6/14/18 @ 10:42 AM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06
Like a moth to a flame, Mr. Long Barrels has made his triumphant return. Welcome back!
6/14/18 @ 9:54 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05

I have expressed this before, but the farmland antlerless free tags are a continuation of depleting the landscape of deer.  To go from a party tag system in what, the 1980s, to what we have now in the form of increased tags, increased weapon efficiency, more weapons, additional seasons, and extended seasons......wonder why we are losing hunters.

6/14/18 @ 9:54 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Depends where you live I guess.  If I'm recalling correctly, Marathon County is 1 doe tag per license and 0 bonus tags.  I can't complain about that for my around home hunting.

Price is 0 and 0 for public, boy I hunt in good places LOL.

6/14/18 @ 8:48 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09

If they aren't there, they won't get killed then.

Besides - the DNR hates elk more than deer.

6/14/18 @ 8:28 AM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
User since 5/31/02

How nice. I'm allowed to "kill the hell" out of all the deer that aren't there in southern Oconto and southern / central Marinette county!!!

Kind of "boggles the mind", really..........

6/14/18 @ 8:02 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

LOL... since people have 8 free tags they'll feel it's necessary to fill them all.,  just watch.  It's not that the DNR hates deer, the insurance companies do.  It's not the DNR's fault though,  it's the greedy hunter.  No one is putting a gun to anyone's head saying you must fill 6 tags.  Conservation...what's that? 

Waupaca was 3 last year also. 

Displaying 31 to 45 of 46 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE