SEARCH
MORE
Waterfowl Hunting

2018 Waterfowl Reports

1/3/18 @ 9:13 AM
INITIAL POST
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Another New Year, Post your pics and/or comments here for 2018!

Displaying 76 to 90 of 218 posts
10/27/18 @ 10:53 AM
grizwald
grizwald
User since 2/6/09

Sawyer county. Sat on my goose island this a.m. waiting for the geese that have been there couple days in a row. Seen pair of golden eyes and pair of mallards. Not much happening with the geese. Been a weird season for me up here. Hope some northern mallards come through otherwise it not looking good.

10/26/18 @ 6:08 PM
Skunkbucket
User since 7/1/18

Went on a scouting trip tonight. Wow, water has dropped a lot.

Still some woodies around.

Looking forward to morning.

Jefferson county.

10/23/18 @ 9:46 AM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

West  central WI, blue bird day, total 5 ducks seen, no shots, pulled dekes early and will find something more productive to do.

10/22/18 @ 4:27 PM
OO Buckshot
User since 10/4/05

Mallards must be the flavor of the week had a lot of flocks working all weekend and pulled mallard limits each day just couldnt get other species to come by to round out daily duck limits.  this weekend was a duck hunters dream to be in the marsh despite the tough weather

10/22/18 @ 2:11 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
PRO MEMBER User since 12/9/08
Yes, the hunter deaths this weekend were tragic.  Saturday especially was one to be cautious of......very high wind, large whitecaps, and a whiteout with snow.  Safety is always on my mind when hunting big water.

It was an epic day with tons of birds in the northern zone.  Saw mallards, gadwalls, pintails, wigeon, bluebills, ringnecks, cans, buffs, and goldeneyes. Even with my large boat, it was a challenge, but we were prepared for it.

10/22/18 @ 6:59 AM
Gander Dander
User since 4/15/09

Condolences to the families that lost members to the weather on Saturday while Duck Hunting...

10/21/18 @ 11:35 AM
Skunkbucket
User since 7/1/18

Slow morning.

6 flock of mallards circled a few times.

Handful of woodies around. It was clear that they had seen my spread all week and steered clear.

Dead still dekes didn't help either.

Still better than work.

Jefferson county.

10/21/18 @ 11:18 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Sunday morning report. 2 guns, 3 apiece . 4 mallards, 1 woody and 1 gadwall.

Really weak morning flight, we both figured a tough shoot after a heavy blow on Saturday. Crisp cold 24 degress and windless this sunday morning. Some skim ice in the ponds. Partner hunted the normal waterhole and i hiked into flooded timber hole thats been holding a good number of orange feeters. Not much home on the this flightless morning. Bagged a few that we could. Winds are up now, might be a good afternoon for those putting in the time.

10 ducks in the smoker for a afternoon treat : ) 

10/20/18 @ 9:15 PM
Skunkbucket
User since 7/1/18

1 drake woody killed this morning. Missed 2 others.

Less and less wood ducks everyday. Saw a few buffleheads. Slower than I thought it would have been.

Water dropped at least 6" in 24 hrs.

Jefferson county.

10/20/18 @ 12:52 PM
lightning95
lightning95
User since 1/7/14

Tons of birds eager to land in the decoys.  Extremely mixed bag.  Birds flying throughout the morning.  Later was better.

10/20/18 @ 11:03 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Another fine morning! 20 degree drop and lots of wind. Partner and i scored 4 apiece. He slam dunked 4 rightaway early and i struggled most of the morning shooting in the high wind. Found redemption scoring two woodys in the gale winds. 

Good push of mallards again. Too much wind, ducks appeared restless and impatient to negotiate the high wind for good decoy shooting. All day flights underway. Mid day hunts a good option.

Waterfowl Paradise, Pool 7 

Reports of capsized duck hunter boat in pool 8, out from Stoddard. Careful folks in the high wind and big water. 

10/19/18 @ 7:30 PM
Skunkbucket
User since 7/1/18

Jefferson county.

Few birds seen were flying really high this morning. Shoulda had a drake woody if I'd of been paying attention. Had a little hen wd offer a shot, but let her go. Didn't fire a shot.

Really quiet this morning.

Flood waters dropping steady now.

10/19/18 @ 6:43 PM
wack
wack'em & stack'em
User since 3/13/10
QUICK SHOT OUT TO THE BLIND TO ADD MORE COVER THIS AFTERNOON. WINDS WERE HOWLING. DIVERS ARE IN SPOOKED APPROX 30 BUFFLEHEADS. AND 10 MALLARDS. HOPE THE WIND SUBSIDES A BIT. LIL BOAT HANDLED AND LITTLE SCARY W/ THE WIND TODAY.
10/19/18 @ 12:42 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Great morning hunt today. 4 mallard and 1 wood duck. Pond shooting over decoys. Spread wasnt right but didnt matter today. Cupped wings and orange feet all morning.   Heavy push of mallards in the area, wood ducks getting lighter. Season peak for bird numbers IMO. Its going to be epic this weekend with bird numbers and major front knocking on the door. Black river water dropping back down to happier levels. 

Flyway Highway, Pool 7 bottoms

10/18/18 @ 11:10 AM
Skunkbucket
User since 7/1/18

Good mix of ducks flying this morning. Bagged 2 ringneck, 1 woody, 1 mallard.

Also saw bufflehead and shovelers.

Flood waters starting to recede.

Jefferson county

Displaying 76 to 90 of 218 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE