griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Opens tomorrow and not one post. WOW .

Displaying 31 to 45 of 63 posts
11/13/17 @ 11:20 AM
TRetzlaff
User since 12/4/09

Two more birds this weekend. Hunted Lake Mills. Miserable walking ,but the dog did well. I haven't hunted the Zeloski Marsh in a number of years and boy has it changed. It is almost completely full of cane. 

11/12/17 @ 8:26 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06

Went Friday, Saturday and Sunday Kettle Moraine, scuppernong and Vernon.  Nothing to show for it but one flush a long ways a way.  The pup had scent but they were really running.

Is it me or does it seem it seem there are less birds this year.  Maybe just unlucky.  I have put on a lot of miles with little to show.  nice to get out though.

May try bong and fight the crowd just to get my dog back on track!!

11/11/17 @ 10:53 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Went to new munster both sides ,honey creek both sides only saw coyote kills and a buried whole bird at new munster  (odd) put in about 7 miles oh well i love a good walk haven't seen a bird yet this year 2 years ago alway saw some pups are tired though good day 

11/11/17 @ 7:45 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Little Al got his first rooster and first taste of snow today. Eldorado marsh. Dropped it in the catails and looked for the longest time. Finally his litte tail went into overrive and there he was. Not even 6 months old and very happy with his progress.In five outings he has shown a lot of promise.

11/11/17 @ 6:47 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Hunted in rock county today. Only guys out at 2 stocked spots. 3 dogs 2 guys 4 hours. Nothing. Maybe the dnr took this week of with veterans day??? Sure hope so. Alot of walking and working to breath cold air.

11/11/17 @ 4:30 PM
150class
User since 8/24/01

Tried to walk New Muenster today. Checked 4 parking lots - they totaled 19 vehicles and I didnt even check the main lot on KD. Always nice to get all packed up and drive around for an hour only to never get out of the truck. I headed back home.

11/10/17 @ 11:02 PM
150class
User since 8/24/01

I cant fatham why anyone would go to Bong. I was there 12 yrs ago and got peppered 30 secs after 9 am. What a free for all. No idea why guys charge out of the parking lots. So so unsafe. 

Ive been chasing wild birds on public land. No easy feat but theres birds out there. Headed out tomorrow afternoon again. Its all about watching the dogs do their thing. Im not out there to feed my family. Much cheaper ways to do that

Have fun chasing the chicken truck

11/10/17 @ 7:59 PM
Landin' Lunkers
User since 6/4/12

Out at eagle k.m. today. Found 1 dead bird, 2 piles of feathers and one 4 pt buck. Not the day I was looking for but a nice day to breath the fresh air and enjoy nature. Other than 2 spots, I'm ready to give up in s.e. wi. It's over populated with hunters like me and to many of them, unlike me, wait or know when trucks come to shoot their birds. Makes for a discouraging emotion almost every time u try and get out.

Wish I was out with pheasant quee... I mean musky queen at times lol.

Good luck to all 

11/9/17 @ 11:52 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03

Hunted 3 different areas Wednesday. Seen  and heard multiple birds in each area. Was in the field on one property when truck came. Did not see or hear birds released. But after an hour in the field we left and seen six birds on private property near the wooded public area.   My partner flushed a turkey tucked  in grass at the same time our pooch flushed one off to the side . Pretty cool stuff. 

11/6/17 @ 5:16 PM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

Got out for the first time Sunday AM. Put a bird up and passed on the shot as I would have dropped it on the road. Couple minutes later by GWP borught a live one to me. About thirty minutes later a pheasant literally ran by me and I coudl see abroken wing. Called the dogs over and my ES picked it up for me. Limited with no shots fired. Saving lots of money already this year. LOL

10/30/17 @ 10:07 PM
519vx
User since 7/7/05

I hunted Bong Sunday morning. It was a zoo. A LOT of guys - many from Illinois.  The service station where you pay your fees ($12 to hunt pheasant) is closed until spring - you have to register in the main building. 

Dog got birdy once but didn’t put it up.  Saw one other bird shot. Had to yell at a guy and his kid. Their dog put a bird up about 75 yards from me and my dog. They both opened up on it - directly in line with me!   At least when I started to yell they quit firing.  Bird flew off. Scary.  They were focused only on the bird and not what was beyond their target. 

10/30/17 @ 10:18 AM
TRetzlaff
User since 12/4/09

Hunted two hours yesterday. Dog found the first one after a very poor shot. He caught the second on the way out. It didn't appear to be crippled or anything. 

10/29/17 @ 7:44 PM
lilygirl
User since 6/20/06

Not many posts on here lately.  

Went out both Saturday and Sunday and ended up getting two with no shots fired.  My dog found 2 wounded pheasants.  Nice weekend weather wise to be out.  

May go to Bong this week.  Anyone been there yet this year?  how are the crowds?

10/26/17 @ 10:26 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03

Headed west today.  LOTS of standing corn in the wild life areas. Also noticed lost leased land. Windzor put up 5 birds. In thick grass.   I have so much fun watching him sneaking on a hot bird.   He moves like a lion through the grass stops  listens and starts the stare down. He looks in the grass like there it is . You ready. .... 

10/18/17 @ 1:27 PM
musky queen
User since 7/17/03

Lilygirl, they stock  M-F.  Next week , there will be a two stocking in certain areas.  Birds sit tight when they are hand released. We have seen some good releases by the property mgrs.  Good luck.  And hope to see you .

Displaying 31 to 45 of 63 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE