Lake-Link Forums Rules of Conduct
Lake-Link has put the following rules in place for all message boards to ensure enjoyment by all users. Our goal is to make sure these forums are a positive experience for everyone. Users who continue to violate the rules of posting messages in the message boards will be entered into a database of Banned Users. This information will include your IP address (a unique number assigned by your Internet provider), so we can track you—and ban you—even if you post under multiple names and/or email addresses. Posting using someone else's alias is strictly prohibited.
The popularity of our Message Board System necessitates Lake-Link to establish a more extensive list of rules for all forums. The establishment of these rules have been given much consideration by Lake-Link. These rules have been established to create a professional atmosphere in all of our forums. All persons posting in these forums should be treated with respect and in a manner which will create an enjoyable positive experience for all. These rules are not contestable.
Lake-Link has a selection of moderators who help patrol the posts and topics on these forums. These individuals have donated their time to assist us in making this a popular place to come share with fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Please keep this in mind and treat all moderators with the utmost respect. Though we strive to maintain the same objectives throughout these forums, it is impossible for us to always be consistent from one moderator or administrator to another. If you have a problem or have caught something you feel is in direct violation with the rules of Lake-Link, please email us.
The staff of Lake-Link reserves the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason we see fit.
- No vulgar language or profanity
This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements, including letters replaced in certain words with '$' or '!' and the like.
- No threatening, abusive or harassing comments.
- No harassing or chastising another angler for keeping his legal limit of fish.
Any user that harasses or chastises another angler for keeping his legal limit of fish will be removed. Lake-Link encourages Catch and Release however there are daily bag limits set in place by the DNR. Harassing others on Lake-Link does nothing but cause arguments and fighting. If you wish to change the bag limit laws contact your local DNR official.
- No Advertising Of Events
The message boards are not to be used for advertising events (unless otherwise noted by Lake-Link, Inc.) Lake-Link offers a free Outdoor Events Calendar where anyone can post an outdoor event. If you would like additional exposure for your event on Lake-Link then please contact us.
- No Political Discussion
It has been proven over and over again that political discussions can not be held in a civil manner.
- Users are allowed no more than one handle.
Users getting multiple handles to post on the forums may have their posting privileges removed.
- No slanderous or libelous posts
Knowingly making false claims about a company, organization or an individual are prohibited.
- No topics and/or statements which could be used to reflect poorly on angling, hunting, archery or firearms. Anti-hunting and other posts indicating a stance against the angling, hunting, archery and firearm industry will be removed.
- No discussion or challenge to our editing policy are allowed within the forums.
If you disagree, or want clarification as to why a particular topic, post or individual was removed, you must email us. Lake-Link moderators, administrators and staff will NOT respond to any inquiries or challenges of these rules or decisions on the public forum. However, we will try to respond to email inquiries.
- No advertising or product marketing. No commercial ads allowed.
Lake-Link has a classified ads section called "The Trading Post" for personal advertisements. An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business. Advertising includes using your business name as your handle, tagging posts with links to any form of web based promotions; This includes Websites, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, Blogs, or offsite social network, photo album links. Any such posts will be removed. (Paid advertiser's designated as a Lake-Link Partner have exceptions)
- No buying or selling of items
The message boards are not to be used for buying or selling of personal items or products. This also includes "Wanted/Looking For" ads. Lake-Link has a classified ads section called "The Trading Post" for this purpose .Any such posts may be removed.
- Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to "pick a fight."
- Do not include HTML in your postings.
Any mistake could make the remaining messages unreadable by other visitors. HTML can also be misused to link to inappropriate material. You may not place a link within any posting on the forum. A misspelling or error in any html or link could cause problems with the server. To eliminate problems for moderators and administrators in the future, if you think a link is appropriate for Lake-Link and is not already listed there, please email the information to us.
- No spamming
do not post the same message in every topic with different titles, but with the same message. Only post your message into the topic it most relates too.
- Posting False Information
User who choose to deliberately post false information will lose posting privileges.
- While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks.
Any person attacking another forum member, will receive a warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter, will result in that member being removed from the forum.
- Please keep topics to the nature of that board.
This is an outdoor related site.
- Members are to respect the designated TOPIC AREAS when posting their message.
This includes off-topic and sales information that does not belong in the Main Forum area. Those who post messages not relating to the topic area, will have the threads closed or the posts deleted.
- Posts directed to a specific person can be considered off topic and will be deleted by our moderators.
- Forum rules and guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum. Anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place will be removed. Moderators of this forum are not to be argued with when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. Anyone arguing with a Moderator against disciplinary measures will be removed from the forum.
We reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, Lake-Link and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to revoke your membership to the forum or disable your posting ability for any or no reason whatsoever.
Lake-Link, Inc. reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a continual harassment, complaints or legal action arising from any message posted by you. If you have any questions about these rules or want to report an infraction of the rules, send an email to us