MORE
Ice Fishing

Inline reels

12/11/18 @ 9:23 PM
INITIAL POST
1jackpot
1jackpot
User since 8/23/10

Can someone tell me the application for using inline reels. Under what fishing conditions are they an advantage over spinning reels? Water depth? Species?

I've always used spinning reels but I normally fish shallower Mississippi back waters. I now will be fishing crappie and walleye in deeper (16-20ft) of water.

Are they good for jigging? Dead sticking? Tip downs?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Keep a tight line!

Displaying 61 to 62 of 62 posts
12/12/18 @ 12:28 AM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

For panfish you really cant beat a inline reel. The higher end ones work pretty good for walleyes too. I have 2 different ones. One is the cgi/descent and the is the 13 fishing black Betty free fall not the ghost. To me the free fall is the best one out there but its pricey. The descent is good for shallow water to the mid-depth range and alot cheaper with an ok drag. But I mainly fish the free fall. They do take a bit to get used to but once you do it's hard to go back to a spinning reel for panfish. If your going to spend the money on a higher end on I would go with the free fall. 13 fishing also makes a cheaper free fall called the ghost which is also very good. I'm not a fan of the frabils to me they are junk along with most of their stuff these days. 

Displaying 61 to 62 of 62 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE