SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Youth hunt

9/18/12 @ 9:56 PM
INITIAL POST
bkroll
User since 12/5/11
I feel this youth hunt is a sign of our times. Kids now a days are afforded the same if not better opportunitys as adults. What happened to wait your turn like the rest of us had to. Adults spend all the money on hunting and do the scouting so kids can go out a month and a half early and shoot bucks. I think this hunt should be doe only. I may sound cold hearted but I feel very strongly about this, I have 23 nephews so it's not like I don't love kids I do. It's just that I waited my turn, so should they. It just seems every one caters to the kids. Thoughts?
Displaying 61 to 75 of 279 posts
12/26/14 @ 2:36 PM
Wallyslayer13
User since 1/20/12
I believe if that if they want to do a youth hunt and want kids to get hooked to hunting they should get the nine day deer season plus the muzzleloader season to get there deer. I didn't get a deer for ten years and I still go out and hunt and actually hunt more now because I bow hunt to have a better chance they should do the same.
12/26/14 @ 8:36 AM
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11
9562…. me too !! Grandkids will start in a couple of years. Big Smile
12/18/14 @ 7:02 AM
SCY2HTY
User since 2/11/12
I AM ALL FOR TWO ADDITIONAL YOUTH HUNTS, A GUN WOLF AND A TRAPPING WOLF SEASON BOTH TO RUN A MINIMUM OF 60 DAYS.
12/17/14 @ 1:59 PM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
User since 1/1/10
here is another article about last weekends "Joe Hunt". If you know of any up and coming first time deer gun hunters next year, I highly recommend having them sign up for next season's Joe Hunt. This a deer camp they will never forget! http://www.postcrescent.com/story/sports/outdoors/hunting/2014/12/17/deer-camp-kamo-poynette-mackenzie/20542367/
12/15/14 @ 10:21 AM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
User since 1/1/10
K.A.M.O (Kids and Mentors Outdoors)We just finished up our annual Joe Hunt. It was a blast sharing hunting camp with the kids and mentors. We had 22 first time deer hunters this year. Warm weather and fog didnt do us any favors in the tree stand but the kids didnt mind. Channel 27 also stopped by and did a segment on the weekend deer camp. It was so nice to share a camp with first time hunters who enjoyed every minute of it. http://www.wkow.com/story/27623127/2014/12/13/youth-deer-hunt-brings-kids-out-to-mackenzie-center If anyone else knows of any kids who would like to be more involved in outdoor activities or any adults who would like to be a mentor let us know. You can find contact information on our website kamokids.org or see if we have a chapter near you.
10/22/14 @ 10:49 AM
Big Sky
User since 11/5/01
Son with his first deer on Sat morning. Great day for the whole experience.
10/16/14 @ 1:42 PM
thechief
User since 5/2/05
somebody I know did a good job here.
10/15/14 @ 7:44 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07
Holy smokes, lots of nice deer. Looks like the kids put a whooping on the Whitetails this past weekend! Don't get much better than that!
10/15/14 @ 7:24 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12
Wow those are some great deer boys and girls!! Congrats to all of you! Big Smile
10/15/14 @ 3:44 PM
aerosmith
User since 11/7/07
My cousin shot this 10 pointer Sunday morning. Field dressed at 249 lbs.
10/15/14 @ 2:09 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
nice buck! congrats, but maybe a little shooting range time in the future.
10/15/14 @ 11:24 AM
froh 64
User since 8/1/08
I forgot to put in there a 7 pointer
10/15/14 @ 9:47 AM
froh 64
User since 8/1/08
Took my 10 year old son out for the youth hunt Saturday and Sunday. Saturday wasn't what he thought as he didn't see or hear anything, but the high light of the day was a coon coming towards us as the morning sun just poked through. I had to yell at to get to stop so it didn't climb in his lap. When it did stop it went to the closest tree n climbed up it and growling all the way up the tree. We left before he came down. Then Sunday rolled around n he wanted to sleep in so we got out in the woods at about 730 with nothing to show after a couple of hrs of hunting. Went back out in the same spot at about 300 in the afternoon hoping to finally see something. Finally at 415 my son was getting excited when he seen, what he thought was a 4 pointer, but a decent buck that never gave him a shot n he just walked off away from us. Then 1 hr later we seen a buck walking across the shooting lanes. He picked the gun up while I was holding the shooting stick for him. After waiting for him to shoot, my right ear went deaf and I watched the deer drop rite there and he shouting I killed a buck. Turns out he spined it so he put another shot in him then another turned out it needed 5 holes in it with final shot back of his head. I asked him where he was aiming and he said he was aiming for the shoulder but got the spine towards the back of the deer more. Very proud kid n nows he's bragging at school and at football practice. All I gotta say is good job buddy u earned this one.
Youth hunt photo by froh 64
10/14/14 @ 11:45 AM
cw hunter
User since 4/30/08
My 13 year old daughter with her first buck. She was able to harvest a doe during the gun season last year. The smiles says it all. The only deer we saw all weekend and she harvested this buck Sunday evening, our 3rd time out over the weekend. Now she can't wait to go with the bow for 4 days next weekend.
10/13/14 @ 9:42 PM
Jackal
Jackal
User since 5/19/05
My 13 year old shot his first deer Saturday evening. Big bodied 6 pointer. He waited for a clear lane in the woods and almost had to let it walk, but it stopped in the last little clearing. 70 yard Bang Flop. No tracking. Very proud. Awesome hunt. Lifetime memories.
Displaying 61 to 75 of 279 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE