SEARCH
MORE
General Discussion

The Milwaukee Bucks

4/2/02 @ 9:17 PM
INITIAL POST
WIESOX
User since 10/21/01
The Milwaukee Bucks are currently the worst team in the NBA other than the Bulls!!!

Displaying 30 to 44 of 5,260 posts
4/5/24 @ 11:01 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13
Just sad to lose to a team like the Raptors (even without Giannis). This team is just spiraling down, and I am not sure they will get past the 1st round. Looking like a tough future with all the draft capital we gave up the last few years.    
4/5/24 @ 10:41 PM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
They just can't make a shot anymore. Just look at the box score.
4/5/24 @ 9:57 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
this is starting to go from irritating to just plain hilarious....its like a broken record.....Raptors come into Miw on a 15 game losing streak (2nd longest in franchise history) ....they literally couldn't beat ANYONE in over a month and just like the memphis game or the wizards game, they get controlled from basically start to finish.  there was not a single point tonight where I thought for even a second that they had a chance to win.

They played bad tonight and deserved the loss, no doubt...but honestly, if you watched this game, one thing was clear....there were at least 10 terrible calls, and every single one went against the bucks....Lopez had 2 early fouls that had no contact...3 of Lillard's 6 fouls were just not fouls (and should have been challenged, especially his 4th) and 2 were completely ticky tack....really bad game from the zebras tonight....looked like they had their money on the raptors....and I would have bet the same way...lol.  But the refs certainly had a hand in the outcome of this one....but it shouldn't have even come to that.

Earlier someone said if they play the pacers or the heat in the first round they are in trouble...lol...they'd be in trouble if they got Charolotte in the first round at this point.

LOL @ the bucks 
4/5/24 @ 3:03 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
you completely missed my point about speed vegas....and completely ignored the defensive side, too.

I didn't say we weren't slower, I said its not as significant as it looks because no one knows where to go or what to do, and when you are out of position (on either side of the ball) it makes you look much much slower than you are...and when you are in the correct positions, that speed deficit becomes much less noticeable (and relevant) to getting the job done.

Your incorrect assertion that Dame is slower than Jrue is a perfect example...Dame is much quicker, as illustrated by the ease at which he can get off shots with limited space  or the ease at which he blows by defenders to get to the rack....the difference is that Jrue is the master of knowing exactly where to be, and as a result, he's never playing from behind or chasing the play, so he may give the impression of being quicker.
4/5/24 @ 8:55 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
Vegas,
If I remember right.
The Bucks gave up 3 future first round picks to get Holiday from the Pelicans. 
He's gone now and so are the picks.
Go figure. 
4/5/24 @ 8:49 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Man, I laughed out loud at my desk when I read that we were slow when Bud was the coach.
Dame is slower than Holliday.  Pat C is coming back from an injury, he's slower.  Middleton is coming back from multiple injuries, he's much slower.  Bobby has never been fast or quick, and he's older now.

Yeah, we are a slower team now.  It isn't hard to see.

Then we get to shots per game. 
Bucks are averaging 89 shots a game right now.
Bucks averaged 90.5 shots in 2022-2023 under Bud.  All per https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/field-goals-attempted-per-game?date=2023-06-13

I looked at FG% too.  47.3% in 2022-2023.  48.8% ​now.

When I was looking at stats, here's what I saw.  As a league, shots are up.  As a league, free throws are up.  ​As a league, shooting % is up.

It's like the league changed and got quicker/better overnight.  But Milwaukee did not.  Almost like the league was "chasing" Milwaukee.  Or...I'm just reading too much into it.

Regarding Bud, I really liked him.  ​He was a great coach for that team and those guys.  I ​knew they would move on from him, but in the back of my head, I knew that finding another coach on his level or better was going ​to be difficult.  Nurse was the guy I thought could fill those shoes.  But no, we (Giannis) chose poorly and here we are trying to make ​chicken salad out of chicken __it.

​Does anyone know what draft picks the Bucks actually have for the next 3-4 years?  ​I ​see that the Bucks do have picks but that another team "controls" them.  It's weird to me and I don't know how that works.

4/4/24 @ 9:28 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
Still agree with denesox. 
4/4/24 @ 9:00 PM
gobbler
Where's bouchamp,wiggiton spelling wrong but all you herd earlier was has these guys were up and comming but they never play. If players are tired get them in more. Too late anymore for this year.
4/4/24 @ 8:56 PM
gobbler
4/4/24 @ 4:16 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
but buds methods saw more shots taken, more possessions, more open looks, more spacing and more consistent scoring as a result and on the defensive side, while flawed in some ways, was also highly effective for the players on hand and this is important, he had a team where his players actually knew where they were supposed to be and what their roles actually were.   Every year ​his defenses were ranked in the top 10...some years the top 3.

I mean for gods sake, our slow guys now were slow 3 years ago....they just played a better defense that didnt make it as painfully obvious.....lopez was NEVER anything but a slow motion guy here in milwaukee...and it hasn't (and shouldnt) mattered, in fact he's still a hugely important player to this team despite that...right now guys look slower because they are always out of position (not because they are actually dramatically slower than they were 365 days ago) and when you are out of position (which they always are), your lack of speed stands out way more than when you are in the correct positions.   That's coaching IMO, not a player speed issue.

Dennis Rodman was also slow, but he knew where to be and how to play defense, so despite his slowness, he was still the single best defender in the league...you dont need speed to be a good defender, you have to know where to be.

Keep in mind, Bud's "complacency" had us as the #1 seed in the east and easily the most dominant regular season team in the league during his entire tenure.    

JMO
4/4/24 @ 8:12 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
I liked coach Bud.  I thought he grew very complacent in his last year, though.
And still, I don't think he'd do any better with this roster.  This is not the same team that he coached.  Everyone aged and no youth was brought into the roster.  Slow is slow regardless of who the head coach is.
4/4/24 @ 8:08 AM
gordonsetterman
gordonsetterman
PRO MEMBER User since 12/15/08
Im always baffled why people always want to fire the coaches when their favorite team isn’t performing the way they think it should. on the Lake-link site it doesn’t just pertain to the Bucks……But watching this situation I understand why I’m baffled…..Rivers is no improvement over his 2 predecessors if the coach is the problem…..
4/4/24 @ 7:27 AM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01
If this team draws Indiana or Miami in the Playoffs, Good luck. 
4/4/24 @ 12:49 AM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
bass, its denesox....desonex is a dandruff shampoo for goodness sake...you would think on a fishing forum esox would stick out like a sore thumb....haha    

Anyway, here are some good points being made regarding the coaching, or lack thereof....breakdown of that wizards game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8r4ZOJRFEw

His next vid after tonight's game should be another doozy
4/3/24 @ 9:35 PM
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
Bassmaster+recordracks 2
PRO MEMBER User since 7/24/20
I agree with desonex!
Displaying 30 to 44 of 5,260 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE