SEARCH
MORE
Canadian Reports/Discussion

Cedar Lake, Ontario

4/12/02 @ 9:09 AM
INITIAL POST
Poboy
User since 1/9/02
I am planning a trip to Cedar Lake in late June. I was wondering if any one has been there. Any suggestions? Patterns? Hot spots? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 935 posts
12/1/20 @ 8:51 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Hey John, good to see you post, hope your family is weathering this crazy virus.  Agree on the Crappie bite, several years ago you could limit out as quickly as you could toss in live well and get line back in the water.  Last few years it took a bit more hunting.  Hope to see you on the Lake 1st week of June 2021.

11/30/20 @ 10:28 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Not sure on border ooening stuff but think its closer to opening than last year. As far as the fishing goes it will be definatly good as Cedar always is.I fished it a lot this summer and really couldnt see any difference as i caught fish as i normally do.But iam sure there are more fish to catch as there was very little pressure.Only a few boats out some days and other days i would see none.All camps were closed with only a few Canadian parties at Clarks.All lakes were like that.Even Lac Suel was very quite.I can say the most exciting time was the crappie spawn as i usually have guide dates but this year got to take my wife for her first time fishing the spawn and she couldnt beleive how easy it was to catch them.Crappie bite will be very noticeable next year as that's one fish that gets targeted a lot.I think with the vaccines coming out and rapid testing i think there are chances border will open.Maybe also with proof of accomadations or something like tgat but not a full blown opening.

11/27/20 @ 10:56 AM
HardcoreFishinMadman
User since 7/24/19

I thought we'd be golden but now started seeing articles saying border could be closed well into 2021 or until 2022. Maybe it's clickbait or something because I don't see how with at least two vaccines. I can't see how many resorts could last with another year of little to no revenue. If they keep it closed until 2022 they're completely insane. 

11/24/20 @ 12:32 AM
csbadvisor
User since 12/1/09

Our group is thinking the same thing.  Hope we can get up there in 2021

11/21/20 @ 12:26 AM
HardcoreFishinMadman
User since 7/24/19

"Well since this years trip is out the window I hope next year has a lot of fish." We've talked about this a lot. Pretty much 19 months of extremely low fishing pressure to mostly none at all. How will this affect fish behavior? There has to be thousands and thousands of fish that were not harvested due to the shutdown. If  you know how to fish it's not hard at all to catch fish at Cedar but does this mean it might be even better for a year or two? We are counting the seconds to find out...

5/27/20 @ 9:35 PM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

Well since this years trip is out the window I hope next year has a lot of fish.

5/13/20 @ 11:37 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

Here is the link for info on Border still closed till June .

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-s-state-of-emergency-extended-until-june-2-1.4935426

5/13/20 @ 10:51 AM
Deerlake1
User since 6/20/13

We were just notified by our lodge that our June 21 trip is probably pushed back to July 21. The reason is they continued the border closure to June 2 and probably longer. Sorry it's not good news.

5/13/20 @ 9:37 AM
tacoma96
User since 2/23/15

We are supposed to cross the border at Ft. Frances on the 29th, what are the odds that's going to happen?

3/1/20 @ 2:57 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Fish it very often.I am a fishing guide guide and probably do 30-40 days there a season.As well as the other lakes in our area.

2/28/20 @ 4:59 PM
Husky Jerker
User since 2/27/20

fishguidealso thanks for the input, we are anxious for our initial visit.  I think we will be a mix of bringing our own boats and a couple of rentals.  Love the top water bite so that's good news.  We will attempt to break the lake down in chunks daily by boat so we get a quick overview and maybe develop a bit of a milk run after a few days.  Also hope that the guys can locate some walleye, perch and crappie - sounds like a nice diverse fishery.  We'll keeping checking back here as we'll want to gain as much knowledge pre-trip as possible.  Do you fish this body of water often?

Thanks again

2/28/20 @ 8:48 AM
Fin Bender
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

You will enjoy the fishing no matter which camp you stay at as Cedar has excellentmuskie fishing from one end to the otger as well as taking the trio into perrault lake.West end has the clearer water and gets stained as you go east.If you bring yòur own boats you could stay anywhere but if using camp boats than id say stay at clarks northern lights. Dont have to pay for a upgrade boat there and free bait. Muskies will be good with top waters as weed bite will be awesome.also need to fish reefs and a bit deeper as walleyes will be down deeper with water temps warmer.crappies are mainly in east end.

2/27/20 @ 12:28 PM
Husky Jerker
User since 2/27/20

We are headed to Cedar for the first time the end of August 2020.  We are not yet locked into a camp yet but are leaning towards Cedar Point based on location.  That being said we have no clue where to begin our Musky Hunt but we like the central location of that camp.  We would love to hear from some regulars about structure type for that time of year.   In addition we have a couple guys who are intrigued by the Crappie and Perch reports - like to have a couple fish dinners while there.  

Any input is very much appreciated - thanks!

10/15/19 @ 8:41 AM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Weather is still wet.All lakes are really rising.Ive never had to put my rear tires in the water at the launch to unload the boat.its causing some problems with people's docks and shorelines.But at this rate water levels should be better in the spring.

10/10/19 @ 3:29 PM
fishguidealso
User since 2/5/10

Have been out twice now in pursuit of muskie and although I have had them to the boat have not hooked up.I did however catch one in 25 ft on my lindy rig.but as luck would have it cut through my line 10 minutes into the fight.Did get to see and would of loved to put it in the net.Walleyed fished here and there and did alright but never found the big schools I would normally see this time of the year.Didn't fish deeper than 25 ft but I did venture deeper to 40 ft and although I saw fish on the sonar those schools were not any bigger.At 3:30 I fished a spot close to Clarke's and the bite just turned on.Could be just a coincidence but enjoyed that.Water temp hanging around 53 f.Didnt go far as I stayed near the west end.Yesterday ended up being a beautifull day to go out even though the weather man predicted otherwise and my partner cancelled.Thinking of putting the boat away.

For you guys that come up hwy#105 they have fixed the CNR crossing at Red Lake Rd.You can travell over it without hardly feeling it.

Displaying 31 to 45 of 935 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE