SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Limited season for Xbow's?

1/30/18 @ 1:25 PM
INITIAL POST
Alex the dog
User since 12/27/01

Anybody catch at the January 24th Wisconsin NRB meeting Gregory Kazmierski's proposal to change the Xbow season structure for able bodied individuals due to % of buck harvest with xbows being higher than verticle bows and firearms?

Note no proposed dates are given, just looking for approval to limit the number of days one can hunt with a Xbow.

Here is the webcast of the NRB meeting, watch at the 5:45 mark for the proposal to come up as a possible question at the spring hearings: 

http://dnrmedia.wi.gov/main/Play/6dfc8e3...86-756192a62f17

I can only imagine what that will start among Wisconsin sportsman.  Maybe long bows can hunt all season, vertical bows get 2/3 of the season and xbows get 1/3 of the season then everyone has equal opportunity at a buck.

Regardless of what an individual uses we should all be concerned if this is acted upon because what type of equipment will be limited next?  Can't use vertical bow that shoots faster than 300fps or maybe only single pin sights vs. multi-pin or the new range finder auto adjusting.

Alex

Displaying 46 to 60 of 733 posts
4/11/18 @ 3:49 PM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

Kaz is only one of seven on the board so he’d have to get three more to agree. Plus all administrative rules go through like 2 different legislative reviews, public comment and have to be approved by the governor, which takes like two years. That is unless they go the emergency rule route, but I think that has to be renewed every year. 

Does anyone know where Kleefisch is on this? It takes just one representative to add it in some budget bill in the middle of the night, which seems to be the go to route nowadays. Jarchow is done, Mursau? The governor? They all could be out by November anyway the way it’s going then things really change. Governor Soglin installs Rod Coronado as secretary and Melissa Smith and Patricia Randolph to the NRB. And some worry about too many bucks being shot....

4/11/18 @ 3:42 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Everything the WBH's put out completely discredits what he said about helping get the Xbow season. Hopefully those on the board see he has a personal agenda and ignore everything he says.

The guys a turd, he lost and now thinks everybody else is dumb or misinformed for voting the way they did. He tried to fool people and it didn't work.

4/11/18 @ 3:17 PM
casey1
User since 12/30/03

Kaz must be a democrat when he doesn’t like the way the vote went. Then he wants to call the people that voted No are now stupid and can’t comprehend the question. I won’t be going into buck rub archery anymore and they where the ones that sold me my crossbow. And I think the state has spoken 54 out of the 72 county’s voted No

4/11/18 @ 2:55 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

He asked for a study, options. Nothing was 'ordered'. Anyone wondering, Kaz is no friend of the crossbow. His ability to spin numbers is incredible. He even went so far as to say that the outcome of the vote was because of 'confused' voters. making a comment that he has no horse in the race even though 40% of his revenue at Buckrub is crossbow sales made me choke. I can think of many arguments to counter that weak claim.Even more telling is the fact that this item was added to the agenda in a very short time span, (the day after the vote) zero opportunity for public comment. His other comments wanting everyone present to know how instrumental the WBH was in helping us crossbow hunters get a season in the first place had me heading for the bathroom. Folks better keep this on the radar, I dont trust this guy any farther than I could throw him.

4/11/18 @ 2:44 PM
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08

Well so much for the Conservation Congress vote. Kazmireski just  ordered the DNR to come up with a shortened crossbow season. Why did they even bother with the vote on Monday.

4/11/18 @ 2:39 PM
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11

What a great day to be a bow hunter

4/11/18 @ 2:06 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

agreed, following the NRB webcast, holy mother of god is it slow.

4/11/18 @ 1:02 PM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
Exactly.  Most people think the vote always results in the outcome, but it does not.  
4/10/18 @ 9:27 PM
BeerTownFyreman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Its not an action item, its under member matters. If he's looking to put it on a future agenda for discussion and possible action, thats how he can request it.

I am not in favor of this particular issue, but an FYI to everyone that a vote at the CC is not binding... just one measure of public sentiment. 

4/10/18 @ 8:30 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

I saw that.  When I spoke to him about a month ago, he told me that there are procedural rules that have to be followed regarding the season specifically the 2018 season. Lets see if hes a man of his word. Stay tuned folks.

4/10/18 @ 7:15 PM
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08

Might not be over, Kazmierski added Crossbow deer season to tomorrow's NRB meeting agenda. He is hell bent on changing the season. Kaz and the WBA are not giving up. Hope the other board members have enough common sense and side with the majority and put an end to the nonsense.

4/10/18 @ 7:11 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

See ya next year gents!  Same bat time, same bat channel.

4/10/18 @ 6:52 PM
Alex the dog
User since 12/27/01

Well hopefully last nights results will put this to rest.  

4/10/18 @ 5:36 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06
Guess all the complaining by the vertical bow hunters and the WBA didn't do much good! A big NO has been heard from Wi. deer hunters, crossbow season will continue as the past few years! !
4/10/18 @ 5:05 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Beer, i would rather see uncle bob hang Jr's tag on a doe than a lil 4 pt and hunt for another booner

We have the same problems now as we did 40 years ago.  I knew a guy that had all his neighbors buy tags. The guy shot 5-6 deer a year on aunt Trudy's tag and cousin Jethro next door. All non hunters tagging deer.  It was laughable.  I haven't talked to the dude since the late 80s but im sure he is the same way now. He also didn't eat venison.  

He did get caught. I didn't report him but i believe im one of the folks that he THINKS did.  So i have not called him, we just stopped talking.  He got bagged a couple times from what I heard over the years.  Hunting too late, using others tags.  Who knows what hes up to now

Displaying 46 to 60 of 733 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE