Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Proper Waterfowl etiquette?

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

1fowl one
See Profile
Level: General User
11/22/11 10:31 PM CST
It has been quite the season. I have seen some very interesting people, do some very interesting things. MAYBE, they just don't know better? AND no I am not perfect. So if we all share something, maybe we all could learn something?

I'll start. Yes, someone beat you to YOUR spot. Setting up 50yds away from them, may not be the best thing. That person may be the bad calling, loud dog owning, duck flaring, sky busting, early leaving A-hole you hate? (or maybe your that person) Now, because he was in your spot, and your going to teach him a lesson. Your hunt may be wrecked also? Just go set up somewhere else. So my point. #1.TRY TO SET UP, AS FAR AWAY from others as you can. It's best for everyone.

#2. O' $#IT! you over slept, buddy was late, what ever? Your late. DON'T drive by 10 other spreads/guys to find a spot 15min. before shooting. Grab the first spot you see. Just be happy, you still got out.

#3..

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 62
Hailcall
Hailcall
2/14/12 1:26 PM CST
Dang I'd rather sit on a little creek and enjoy a good sunrise and a thermos of cofee with NO BIRDS that deal with all the crap you guys deal with in these supposed "hotspots".

I for one agree with you and purple poles and pink bobbers. It is a crying shame that some feel the need to force you and others out of these spots. They have forced myself out of certain areas by building blinds as well. It should be a free run for whom ever gets there first, and not be harrassed by others who decide to build a blind to HOLD there spot.

[This post was last edited on 2/15/12 at 2:11 PM]
PurplePoles&PinkBobbers
See Profile
2/12/12 5:40 PM CST
I agree with sfc!

SFC S
See Profile
2/10/12 11:10 AM CST
Dang I'd rather sit on a little creek and enjoy a good sunrise and a thermos of cofee with NO BIRDS that deal with all the crap you guys deal with in these supposed "hotspots".

Hailcall
Hailcall
1/17/12 3:53 PM CST
Caz trait said the following:

"I see it as you pollute my waterways." What an arrogant f... What makes it your waterway anymore than his??? If I had to jump off the fence, I would fall towards banning permanent blinds, too. But that attitude is pretty disgusting. Let me know where your own personal public waterway ends and the rest of the state's begins, don't want to step on your toes next year.

OK BIG GUY,

Arrogant? If you really believe that then You are a inconsiderate slob. When we own something together, you and me, dont you think you should hold up your end of the bargian and keep it fixed up and nice? Use your head and see the whole picture for everyone next time you open your mouth.

[This post was last edited on 1/17/12 at 5:11 PM]
wishooter
wishooter
1/17/12 1:48 PM CST
pretty sure the term permantly affixed is used. but sure someone could make a removeable sign and no one would be the wiser.

Hailcall
Hailcall
1/16/12 4:46 PM CST
Let start with 39,998 other hunters do not want permanant blinds. There, he is not included.

Ben you are off by a bit. Just like a ice shanty the blinds are private property, but they cannot restrict the public from using that spot. With that said, If I was set up as you said you were and the owner came along and asked me to move I would not. As was said, they are used as a spot holder and nothing else. People are so shell shocked they will not even hunt near one for the fear of getting into a peeing match with someone.

If anyone is interested in sending there senator or representative a letter asking them to sponsor the bill to put permenant blinds out of commission let me know. I have written mine and he is checking in to it now. The DNR is all for this as well.

As the vote at the spring hearing went a few years back, the majority wants them gone.

To the guy who can afford to build a permanant blind but cannot afford a boat blind, drop me a PM and I will show you how to build one for less than 100.00. way less than you would have into a permanant

CazTrait
See Profile
1/16/12 2:25 PM CST
Could that be a loophole?? Owner takes their name/number off the blind when done, puts it up when they use it? Technically speaking, nobody could use it while the name/number is not posted!

USMCwis
See Profile
1/16/12 12:28 PM CST
Unless they are willing to pay the fine for not haven the contact info on it. lol

wishooter
wishooter
1/16/12 11:38 AM CST
that means that if no owners number is on there legally no one is allowed in it not even the owner.

Brad
Brad
1/14/12 8:51 PM CST
From page 8 of the regulations.:

"No person may maintain, occupy, or use any blind left on state property during the season unless the owner’s name and address AND DNR customer ID number in the English language and in lettering one inch square or larger is affixed permanently to the blind and shall be readily visible and legible at all times. Remember: Placement of waterfowl blinds on public land does not restrict others from using or hunting on the public land where the blind is located."

Not sure how to interpret this, but it would seem the blind is considered private property on public land as suggested below. Think I might call the local warden next week to get his/her interpretation on this.

duckmaster33.
duckmaster33.
1/14/12 2:50 PM CST
Ben, Please don't post when you don't know what you are talking about. First,blinds are not public for anyone's use.Second,yes you can lock them. You can hunt next to a blind,but legally can't hunt in it without permission.

USMCwis
See Profile
1/14/12 1:24 PM CST
Well Said Ben.

Adventures with Ben
Adventures with Ben
1/14/12 11:45 AM CST
In WI the law allows anyone to put out perm blind but it must bare the name and DNR number of the owner BUT anyone can use it if it's on Public land no exceptions no locks I don't have one myself but I think the law here is the best way to stop the privatization of "our" public land. I have used other peoples blinds before and had the owner come in after I got set up. Some have laid out their spread and hunted with me, some moved on, and some asked me to move on, and of course I did. That's how we all get enjoy the game. We are all in this together and need to show a unified and civil front to the anti-hunting crowd and stop the infighting.

duckwidow
duckwidow
1/13/12 12:48 PM CST
Ole870,

I can understand your anger but not taking it out on me. My blind is legal and hides me better than most. When I talk about respect I am talking about the disgraceful hunters that wreck other people's property (blind). pretty good fine for that but you do what you want buddy...

duck duck goose
duck duck goose
1/13/12 12:13 PM CST
I totally agree, put a pad locked or key lock door on the blind and then its not useable to anyone but the owner. If you want to hunt around it fine, but not inside it.

Displaying Posts 1 through 15 of 62
Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook