Time to talk BREWERS!!!!

3/30/02 @ 9:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Crazyotto
Crazyotto
USER since 10/2/01
Yeah I know baseball is ruined and ther Brewerw are almost as severly hampered by Princess Prieb as they are the lack of revenue sharing, but Im still excited. I am probably crazy but I think the Crew should be .500 this year and if Sheets, Wright, Quevedo, and Nuegebaur pitch up to their potential and we dont swing at everything, I think the crew can win 90 and be in the wild card race late, which is something we havent seen in a long, long time. They must finish over .500 to avoid 10 years straight of losing seasons. I think it is time for a coup to remove Princess Prieb.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 47,025 Posts
TODAY @ 10:24 PM
haf2fsh
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

Just never know when the bats are going to take a day off !!  Yes, Chase put them in a hole early, easy to put the blame on him. But one run doesn't win many games...... Think what you want, but pretty much playing for a wild card spot now !! Must win tomorrow, then next 6 road games will be critical.......... Go Crew

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:54 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

yeah it is.... still wish Granderson was coming off the bench,  for me, a much better role... don't get me wrong,  like having him on the team... just not starting...  that little popup probably caught if Yelich started in RF, imo... or if Shaw was sat and someone else without a limp was playing 2b...

...but that's all a bunch of what ifs 

Anderson struggling with giving up homers all year... it's like if he gets past the first couple innings,  he settles in... 

frustrating because the big guns failing in key at bats too... Thames has been awful,  only contributing walks... Aggy too, but he's still a rookie,  imo, so he gets a little slack 

better wake up tomorrow... WC spot could be gone if play like this

Hope Shaw is ok with maybe 1 day... Cain hurting too... BIG parts of the Brewers 

Edited on 9/18/18 9:56 PM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:22 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

Dang this is frustrating... 

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:40 PM
murman
murman
USER since 11/4/08

Junior was pitching better then Chase until early July.  Since July, Junior has had over 7 ERA! Junior belongs in the bullpen.  

Chase Anderson since July, 3.99 ERA

3.99 ERA > 7 ERA

Edited on 9/18/18 8:52 PM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 8:11 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER since 1/10/03

I thought that Junior was pitching better than Chase.  Woodruff has been pitching well too.  Plenty of baseball left this year but a rotation that includes Jimmy Nelson, Corbin Burnes and maybe an improved Woodruff could be exciting!

Edited on 9/18/18 8:12 PM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 7:58 PM
Walleye Wizard
Walleye  Wizard
USER since 6/23/01

Not with Anderson pitching. He stinks.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:29 AM
haf2fsh
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

Crew has no control over what Cubs do, so must take care of themselves.  Sweeping the Reds is a must...... Going to Pittsburg and St. Louis will be no fun at all. Both must series wins, finishing the season at home against the Motor City Kitty's, will be interesting to say the least. But why inter league play for last series of the year !!  Nice  scheduling MLB....... Will be tough to catch the Baby Bears, 3 down in loss column is very hard to make up. They buried themselves mid season with  sweeps by Cubs & Pirates. I'm just hoping for home wild card game, barring a complete  melt down that could happen.  Go Brewers !!!

Edited on 9/18/18 9:32 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:05 AM
PSE
PSE
MEMBER since 11/25/05

Players don't get lectured; they get fined. I was fined once for going into home plate head first into the catcher. Coach said I could break my fingers. I could see his point. Sometimes meted out by the players, sometimes the organization.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 3:01 AM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10

I for the life of me can't figure out how a professional baseball player can't learn how to slide into a base and not maintain contact with the base? One time is one too many.

Post Your Comment
9/17/18 @ 10:00 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

big time W! .... great reset after 2 losses

Yelich definitely having an MVP caliber year, 2 cycles is pretty nuts

hadda lol when Schroeder says Arcia must have a rabbit's foot  in his ... pants,  after making yet another baserunning faux paux... ...

.... he screws up making 3rd out caught stealing with pitcher at bat... CC doesn't flinch and pinch hits Santana,  which leads to a 3 run inning... rabbit's foot or horseshoe for sure...

... I suspect he's gonna get a lecture tho

Great pitching,  Hader should never cut his hair as short as he did earlier... he's much better being a hair boy, lol

fun game,  terrific win !!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 47,025 Posts