SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Wolf Hunt!

2/15/21 @ 12:43 PM
INITIAL POST
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

Wolf tags go on sale @ 12:01am 2/16/21! Clear your calendars for next week!

Displaying 76 to 90 of 443 posts
3/16/22 @ 7:25 AM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

Trout,

Its interesting that the wolves in your area are such nice wolves. I wonder how many hunters who have lost their dogs to wolves think the same. I doubt very few. It seems you believe that the wolf doesn't have any impact on big game populations. Would you be OK with a wolf killing your hunting dog?

3/16/22 @ 6:56 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

People complain about coons digging in the trash, deer impacts on forestry production, carp in the river and foxes in the hen house.

Shall we wipe them all out ?  Cull them until they are no longer a complaint ?  

I know of 4 wolves in our county that were shot due to livestock predation.    That's 2 incidents in 20 years.     We go for years without any wolf predation in our county.  

At our place, we have never had a problem with wolves or other critters.  Our kids and pets are safe and I have faced no problem when I am in the woods or fishing our stream.  So for us, wolves have no impact on our society.  We do not fear or hate them.  They are neighbors.

3/16/22 @ 5:06 AM
Gimper
User since 11/27/01

"Wolves have lived in our woods and in our township for decades without any negative impacts on society."

The existence of this thread alone disproves this statement.

3/13/22 @ 8:19 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

I love wolves, but don’t have a problem with the hunt. They are a tough hunt because of years of adaptations to human invasion on their normal hunting grounds. On this one, I have to give trust in our state to set the hunt correctly. If some of us are truly concerned with Wolves in their area, they have to get on the horn right away to DNR to have special Ops or attention in their area.

3/13/22 @ 7:36 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Wolves have lived in our woods and in our township for decades without any negative impacts on society.

They are good neighbors.

3/12/22 @ 7:06 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

They are not afraid of people or machines, we have a place near Presque Isle.

3/12/22 @ 6:41 PM
Fv.screaming drags.com
Fv.screaming drags.com
User since 3/29/20

In the last week I've seen three separate wolves while snowmobiling in the presqueisle and Boulder junction area. Two in presqueisle and one just west of Boulder junction one was along hwy b in presqueisle and had just finished relieving himself on the trail the other one was one was on a connecting trail off hwy p In presqueisle. And actually stayed and stared at me from behind some brush before stepping back out into full view to check me out. Cool to see but kinda creepy also as none were very bothered by me on a snowmobile. 

3/12/22 @ 4:34 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

Saw a video off what looks like a wolf on lake Winnebago last week

3/12/22 @ 3:45 PM
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20

DNR website confirms wolf killed beef calf just north of Westfield. That south central part of state. 

3/11/22 @ 4:32 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

It ends when there is a legal decision, obvious it will not end before.

3/11/22 @ 3:23 PM
Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
User since 6/15/01

Prehn's term expired in May 2021 and Republican leaders in the Senate have refused to schedule a confirmation hearing for Evers appointee Sandra Dee Naas. 

His term ended almost a year ago. The seat should be empty until the confirmation hearing.  The Supreme Court is now involved. 

When does this end????? 

3/10/22 @ 9:24 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

This is where its obvious that adherence to legalism falls short of doing the right thing. The direct consequence of this though could be timely delayed and will eventually show itself.  We have all heard of karma. We have all heard of "what goes around comes around", Disrespect begets disrespect. I am not saying the problem begins with this current situation caused by republicans. It could well have started decades ago in a way we dont recognize anymore. Personally, and many believe the disrespect pinnacled 49 years and 2 months ago and the karmic tension is only beginning to show itself in the last 10 years.  It is not coincidence that the wolf is at the center of controversy in spiritual and legalistic matters.

3/10/22 @ 6:46 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

You are correct, legally, he can retain the seat until he is replaced.  

A loophole for cheating is still cheating.  Expired chairs voting in chairman elections is still cheating.

3/10/22 @ 5:42 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

But it's his seast yet because his successor hasn't been approved, you ignore that. Whether we think that it is morally wrong, legally it may not be.

3/10/22 @ 4:01 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Voter fraud:  when a person participates in an election for chairman of the NRB with an expired seat.

The election for the NRB chairman was one by one vote.   An expired one.

The GOP ignores voter fraud when it favors their party.

Displaying 76 to 90 of 443 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE