DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

CWD in Wisconsin

11/4/19 @ 3:09 PM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

Well LittleLuck that was quite a rant about a lot of things regarding deer hunting. What all hunters want is for our deer to forever run free in our wild lands nationwide! I think every hunter if he/she is a hunter wants that. The fact is we DON'T KNOW -YET! Scientists in a lot of states and provinces are working trying to understand what we have on our hands and if there is a threat long term to our deer and elk populations and if it can become a problem for the human population. What I want is for people to understand that this disease is no joke. We need to continue to demand the DNR studies the disease and find out all we can

Displaying 41 to 50 of 387 posts
2/19/24 @ 9:52 AM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11
Gillespie and madforlabs you're starting to sound like Trump...everything is fake news and rigged.  Why is it that when we post legitimate articles by researchers and scientists they're "fake" or we're "cherry picking"?  You can't stand it that someone else might actually prove your beliefs wrong?  You'll point to articles that side with your point of view and claim that they're the gospel of truth and there's no way anyone can say different.  I at least admit there's 2 sides to the story and I'm choosing to believe one side.  You guys just think there's your side and that's it.  Who's close minded here?
2/18/24 @ 10:14 AM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
I forgot I posted it. I just looked.  Had to go back 5 pages. Either way, we're being hosed.
2/18/24 @ 8:29 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Old, fake news fillet.  How many times are you gonna post the same thing?  The more times a lie is told doesn't make it any truer.
2/17/24 @ 12:30 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13

2/16/24 @ 9:35 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
What this discussion,  if I could call it that, boils down to is do you believe that the greater majority of of scientists and researchers have pure and legitimate motives to their work, or you feel that most are corrupt and in it for money and a paycheck. I happen to believe strongly in the former and know a number of individuals in high level research work that bolsters my belief. If you don't believe in the "process" and find it lacks legitimacy, then there is really nothing that can be published that might influence your thinking.
PS. The sheep and follow the flock crap is bull. You can stick that where the sun never rises...
2/16/24 @ 8:50 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
Yes Turkey, as Gillespie said, you can't trust those darn biologists. They adhere to "he said" science. I guess his support of researchers is only true when the agenda is adhered to. Any deviation, no matter the truthfulness, will be defined as "cherry picking" and "closed minded" by the sheep.
2/16/24 @ 7:56 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
Fin, are you even capable of reading two consecutive sentences without misinterpreting their intent. My post merely pointed out there  ARE advances in CWD research.  I've made no value judgement on their utility to myself or anyone else. Personally, I would find a rapid test to be of great value. I have little doubt that CWD will eventually become common in my area. Since my grandkids will eventually be eating deer I harvest, YES, I will test!!
2/16/24 @ 5:27 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Turkey, the TN article u cite is a "he said, she said" deal and nothing has been ruled on in a court of law.  Let the case and the facts play out and stop cherry picking articles that are misleading just because they fall on your side of the issue.

Edit:  The TN biologist was fired and now there's a lawsuit.  He claims one thing and the state claims another.  Before judgment is passed, let it play out in court.
2/16/24 @ 2:33 PM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11
Another article by a Research Scientist with over 40 years in wildlife disease study

https://www.texasdeerassociation.com/fake-chronic-wasting-disease-news-or-scientific-misinformation-on-cwd/
2/16/24 @ 2:29 PM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11
Oh by the way it has happened where state agencies have lied about the spread of CWD to gain $$ resources

https://tennesseelookout.com/2023/09/07/former-tennessee-wildlife-and-resources-agency-biologist-agency-manipulated-data-on-deer-disease/

Displaying 41 to 50 of 387 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE