SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Buffalo County Cougar

11/29/23 @ 11:32 AM
INITIAL POST
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Just received the latest WON and of course read the whole story about the Archer who shot the cougar in Buffalo County. I was happy to see how the DNR responded and investigated the incident and cleared the hunter of any charges (with the local D/A). Hunter seemed like a very responsible person who represents the "hunting community" well.   Hard to imagine being in that position when sitting in a tree stand. Interesting to read about all the other reported cougar sightings this year.    

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52 posts
12/6/23 @ 11:05 PM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05
Here’s a few pictures of the Minneapolis Cougar that’s been seen the last several days wandering around the city. It didn’t end well for the cat.
Buffalo County Cougar photo by antler junkie
12/6/23 @ 3:45 PM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06
Just got hit this morning on 394 in Minneapolis. It was ear tagged as a kitten in Nebraska in 2021 according to the Facebook post linking the article. Another multiple state traversing young cougar. 
12/6/23 @ 1:52 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17
Tv reported one in MINNEAPOLIS today, wife said by a mall.     Shopping for CHRISTMAS?   Probably a lot of nice tender ankle biters available   
12/5/23 @ 9:02 AM
Carpio
Carpio
That’s good IGOR.     I was a little worried about you.  Lol
12/5/23 @ 7:59 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Guys, I'm merely telling a true story of what some idiot at an Adams County bar said to me.  Do I believe it?  OF COURSE NOT.  Is what the guy said true?  OF COURSE NOT. 

That's why I asked him what brand of tin foil he used on his melon.  Just like the people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, or the earth is flat....
12/5/23 @ 7:34 AM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06
Boy, you’d think at some point over the last 20 years one of the hundreds of thousands trail cameras deployed in Wisconsin would detect something that’s been here forever. I mean, they get pictures of moose, lone elk wandering in areas they shouldn’t be, wolves in new areas, etc.  but breeding female mountain lions prove as detectable as Sasquatches. 
12/4/23 @ 8:16 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11
There have been Cougar in Wisconsin forever.  Nothing new 
In the late 50's I worked several summer at a resort near Star Lake .. Vilas cty...some mornings I d be talking to guides while they waited for their clients..several times talking about the cats.  
One time they mentioned female with cubs ... these guys I think reliable..they born and raised in the area and in the woods alot hunting trapping
And a guy from the Potawotami village nearby. Said the same his family lived in the area since the 20's
12/4/23 @ 7:53 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Igor    Bunk x 2.    
12/4/23 @ 6:41 PM
ktowne
ktowne
PRO MEMBER User since 7/20/03
If your depth of knowledge on any topic is based on what you learned in elementary school, you may wish to remain silent.   
12/4/23 @ 6:07 PM
Wjbk95
User since 4/12/21
I find it amusing that some people won’t believe anything anyone says unless it’s published in a government publication….I guess some people just don’t learn about history in elementary school 
12/4/23 @ 4:38 PM
OneFineDay
User since 7/22/12

12/4/23 @ 4:28 PM
OneFineDay
User since 7/22/12
Igor, please present your evidence or are you simply fabricating a scenario.  
12/4/23 @ 3:32 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Carpio: The parachute drop was for rattlesnakes to control turkey populations,  The cougars were trucked in.....
12/4/23 @ 2:44 PM
Carpio
Carpio
Bunk.    They used the airplane cage drop method to reintroduce beaver in the northwestern  section of the US not cougars in Wi     
12/4/23 @ 12:59 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01
Back about 20 years ago, in Adams County (Bay Rest Bar) guy sitting next to me is telling how tired he was.  Like a dummy I asked why and he said, "Can you keep a secret?" so like a dummy I said, "Yeah, sure." expecting something good.  He didn't disappoint.  

He says, "I was on my way here and there was a truck with a flat tire on Hwy. C right by Monroe Center.  I asked the guy what he was hauling and he said, 'you can't tell anyone, but I'm hauling cougars to release for the DNR to control the deer populations.' Honest."  I laughed because he then proceeded to tell me they also drop cages via parachute from planes that have rattlesnakes in them to control the turkey populations.  The cages open upon landing.

He got mad when I said, "The DNR has NOTHING on WKRP do they?  By the way, do you use Reynolds Wrap or the store brand tin foil?"
Displaying 1 to 15 of 52 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE