SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Ammunition

4/12/21 @ 6:41 AM
INITIAL POST
A Fisherman
PRO MEMBER User since 8/21/01

Went to fleet Farm west in green bay wi and no 22 shell's available. Why?

Displaying 16 to 30 of 51 posts
11/11/21 @ 9:06 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I read an article that with all the new firearms purchases,  and two boxes of ammo for each is part of the shortage.  Plus I have seen one case of extreme hoarding . Fleet Farm had a sale on handgun ammo . I went and they were out . I saw a guy with a hand truck full of cases of .45 . Who knows how many trips he made .

11/10/21 @ 9:53 PM
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

So Glad that Lil' Kaz is here to judge who the "real" hunters are. 

As for why no .22 shells or much of anything for that matter, it's been 2+ plus years of ammo hoarding caused by fear and ignorance and chest beating by the the corrupt NRA about the LIBS coming for your hunting weapons.  BS!

11/10/21 @ 1:01 PM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

I really don't care one way or the other what type of bullet you kill your game with. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just telling you that x-rayed  carcasses show a lot of lead residue. I wouldn't want my young grandkids eating it but that's me. I shot 2 deer with Corlocks last year and I ate them. I shot my elk with an all copper bullet and ate that too. Does every issue has to be a fight? Jesus, calm down a little bit and do some research and make your own decisions. This isn't the hill to die on.......

11/10/21 @ 8:45 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Agree with Swamp Buck. I've been shooting Hornady solid copper out of my muzzleloader for years and it's worked great on numerous elk and deer. 

There has been alot of ballistic development with copper solids by the major manufacturers.  I have zero issues transitioning to copper ammo at some point provided availability is acceptable. 

Per usual, another rant by L-L with little factual basis...

11/10/21 @ 7:46 AM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

I hunted California last year for elk and copper ammo was required. I thought it was all BS because of the LIBS out there and their claim that the condors were dying from lead poisoning from gut piles. However, Boone and Crockett and a couple other publications showed x-rayed pics of lead residue in meat from deer shot clean through with lead bullets. It was pretty shocking. If you saw those photos you would be amazed! Also showed eagles in recovery from lead poisoning. Apparently it doesn't take much for lead to poison and kill birds and some other wildlife. I've shot Barnes Triple shock for years and they are a copper bullet and I've killed numerous species with them so copper is a great bullet. If I have to shoot copper its not a big deal. Now finding it may be a different story. Not trying to argue but I can see the antis screaming that us mean hunters are killing all kinds of birds and animals because we will not change bullets.

11/9/21 @ 6:38 PM
wskiph
wskiph
User since 9/3/11

Because you are out of touch

11/9/21 @ 4:38 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I inherited a ton of .22 ammo when my wife's grandpa died. Maybe I could use that as my nest egg lol

11/9/21 @ 3:16 PM
Skippppy
User since 5/5/21
Last few boxes I saw, 22LR was 50¢ to $1 a round.  That is nuts.

11/9/21 @ 2:38 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I see little practical point in copper bullets compared to the need for non lead shotshells of every size and pursuit.  lead from shotshells is the larger long term source of potential lead poisoning.

the sporting clays I occassionally shoot in a heavily wooded area the caretakers make no effort to reclaim the lead. Guessing its 10s of 1000s of pounds per year.

11/9/21 @ 1:15 PM
prj
User since 6/19/01

Please.  Turn on your sarcasm meter and turn down your outrage.  Find the return key while you're at it.

The rest of us outdoorsmen and women can be thankful that guys like you are a minority in the community. 

11/9/21 @ 10:49 AM
prj
User since 6/19/01
Exactly!  What our environment and lean wild protein meals need is what waterfowl need; MORE LEAD!  No way we should be encouraged towards stewardship of the land, resources were put here by god for us to extract and exploit god durn it!

And furthermore, I didn't even bother to read something I'll enthusiastically opine with ignorant hyperbole on!

Get off my lawn!

(does that capture it?)

10/29/21 @ 12:25 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Got it sent you message

10/29/21 @ 10:56 AM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Percheye: Sent you a friend request.

10/29/21 @ 10:07 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I just came across 9 boxes of 30-06 Remington and Winchester that I don't shoot if you are in need of ammo for deer season maybe I can help you out. 

10/29/21 @ 8:34 AM
snagger54
snagger54
PRO MEMBER User since 2/9/14

Is there still a shortage of ammunition. I have 1300  9mm 4 sale.

Displaying 16 to 30 of 51 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE